Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Yesterday, 06:10 PM
United States, CA, Palo Alto
Joined Feb 2014
6 Posts
Anyone know if DJI have fixed the gps exporter? I've tried a few versions (up to 1.4) with iosd log files and always get a zero length file. I've seen lots of reports of this but no reliable fix yet.....
theantennaman is offline Find More Posts by theantennaman
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 06:30 PM
Joined Jul 2013
667 Posts
I am adapting the polar pro filter to my gopro.. i am traveling to a beautiful island close by on Wednesday and will do few shoots and try out the polar ND filter on 2.7k ( the only resolution i find to be really usable on gopro). Lets see if i am going to be 100% free of jello and prop shadows.. I hope i will
I will post few pics later of the final mod if you guys want to take a look.

I also will try out the phantom with the P1 self tightening prop on 2.7k to see if its worthy .... I know its more stable.... but not sure what about jello.. I guess it creates less vibrations also facing the wind, because of all the round shapes that the P2 prop does not have. Also the noise it creates is much less so maybe its better, even though i will loose some flight time.
In the end i want to know if its better to have the p2 props with nd filter free of jello or the p1 prop free of jello but with less flight time (but probably not free of jello, just better, but how better?)
Lot of questions to get answered ... my fiance will not like to hold tight while i am answering them :P
tiagobaracho is offline Find More Posts by tiagobaracho
Old Yesterday, 07:47 PM
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Oct 2009
681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theantennaman View Post
Anyone know if DJI have fixed the gps exporter? I've tried a few versions (up to 1.4) with iosd log files and always get a zero length file. I've seen lots of reports of this but no reliable fix yet.....
The IOSDmini does not have this feature if that is what you are trying to use.
cowboycctx is offline Find More Posts by cowboycctx
Old Yesterday, 07:59 PM
Joined Nov 2013
548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckBasher View Post
How could I have missed that. Thanks for the link.

And thanks Dr. T.
It is hard to understand how one could miss a single post when these threads move so slow.
Dave Pitman is offline Find More Posts by Dave Pitman
Old Yesterday, 08:13 PM
Joined Nov 2013
548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipDronnin View Post
Hello all. I am new to quadcopters and have recently purchased the DJI Phantom 2 (non vision). I wish I had found this forum before I made my purchase because I'm sure your experiences would have saved me time and money. I purchased a 2 axes gimbal from goodluckbuy that proved to be a waste of time since it shipped incomplete, I am about to purchase the zenmuse h3-3d 3 axes gimbal for use with my gopro hero 3.

My question is, what are my best options for using my Samsung Note 3 for FPV? I'm finding it difficult to source a concise and detailed answer in regards to this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboycctx View Post
you can use it but it will cause your phantom 2 to crash or fly away. you don't never want to turn wifi on your go pro while itis attached to your phantom 2.
The Phantom 1 and 2 (non-Vision) use 2.8 ghz for control communication, and any other radio equipment like wifi between a smart device and a GoPro, can interfere with that communication. And there are plenty of instances of guys loosing their quads while trying it.

Typically, if you want to use 2.8 ghz for fpv with your smart device, you want to use a Phantom Vision or Phantom FC40 which uses 5.8ghz for control.
Dave Pitman is offline Find More Posts by Dave Pitman
Old Yesterday, 08:34 PM
Joined Jul 2013
667 Posts
Job is done here...
Here are some pictures of how i did.. I end up with 5.13 grams ... The housing of the polar pro itself is 5.97 grams LOL
Other then removing this housing I also removed at leas 60% of the glass of the filter.

This plastic that I used is pretty thick... I could easily remove more 1-2 grams if i sand down the walls to be thinner .... But not doing it right now..
Just have to balance the gimbal now.

The stock polar filter-10.4g
tiagobaracho is offline Find More Posts by tiagobaracho
Last edited by tiagobaracho; Yesterday at 09:22 PM.
Old Today, 02:16 AM
Germany, lake of Konstanz
Joined Nov 2004
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJI Propulsion View Post
For all those who have problems of unstable descending, I strongly suggest you to try the new 9450 prop out.

A new airfoil is used on the 9450 prop, which increases the maxium lift and also the thrust changing rate near the hovering thrust.

The new prop will be available very soon as a spare parts of E300 propulsion system and is compatible with all phantom aircrafts with self-tightening motors.
Dr. Turbo
What is the influence of the new props to flight time on Phantom 2?

Regards, Gerd
GerdS is offline Find More Posts by GerdS
Old Today, 02:53 AM
Joined Sep 2013
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerdS View Post
What is the influence of the new props to flight time on Phantom 2?

Regards, Gerd
From my tests, it's about 45 seconds to a minute less than with 9443s on a P2. Very close in efficiency for the added thrust and stability.
ElGuano is online now Find More Posts by ElGuano
RCG Plus Member