Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:45 AM
Da' Cajun
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Joined Jun 2009
2,866 Posts
Discussion
Can the VP just lie like that?

Oh man, the Obama-Biden ticket is really picking up momentum. ...straight down in flaming ball of fire.

Joe Biden at last nights debate:

And, by the way, they talk about this Great Recession if it fell out of the sky, like, “Oh, my goodness, where did it come from?” It came from this man voting to put two wars on a credit card, to at the same time put a prescription drug benefit on the credit card, a trillion-dollar tax cut for the very wealthy. I was there. I voted against them. I said, no, we can’t afford that.

Uh, Uncle Joe, you actually voted for both.

http://www.therightscoop.com/karl-ro...said-he-didnt/
Boogie_ is offline Find More Posts by Boogie_
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:19 AM
In Development Now
Joined May 2005
445 Posts
I would love for Ryan to have said...

Joe, you are right... You did get a chance to vote on the Iraq War and the Afghanistan war. Why didn't I get to vote on the Libyan war?
Indiana_Geoff is offline Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:54 AM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
They're only lies when the other sides guys tell them
MtnGoat is offline Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:00 PM
'Merica!
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Sep 2007
691 Posts
Boogie, "can" is a question of ability, and clearly he was able to lie. It also helps to have the mod in your hip pocket. But the upside is that joe made an ass of himself, again.
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:05 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b-E View Post
Boogie, "can" is a question of ability, and clearly he was able to lie. It also helps to have the mod in your hip pocket. But the upside is that joe made an ass of himself, again.
Nah. Uncle Joe won the debate
DenverJayhawk is offline Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:07 PM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
FL Knifemaker is offline Find More Posts by FL Knifemaker
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:08 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Uncle Joe was 'keepin it real'

Cousin Paul was talking off the cuff and all joking apart - considering Biden had him on the backfoot so much of the debate, he did well, which shows he has a quick brain.

But it was all waffle and conjecture with nothing firm or solid about it and certainly nothing to bet your shirt (or the next 4 years) on!
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:21 PM
Da' Cajun
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Joined Jun 2009
2,866 Posts
Quote:
Nah. Uncle Joe won the debate
Yes he did. ...if the goal was to see who could make the biggest ass of himself.

hehehe, seriously though:
I really don't think there was a winner last night.
Several polls have Ryan winning the debate but I just don't see it. The only thing Ryan tore up was that glass of water.

Biden's "performance" won't really affect the polls much. By that I mean he didn't increase Romney's momentum.

He did accomplish two things.
Invigorate the hosts at MSNBC, and throw the Obama campaign into further confusion on what tactic to use in the next debate.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:28 PM
Not THAT Ira
Coupeville, Wa
Joined Jan 2006
4,722 Posts
Odd subjects to giggle about????
Real Ira is offline Find More Posts by Real Ira
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:31 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
We're dealing with people fully vested in the idea that reality is malleable and everything is relative, and who can really say. They argue that no one can really know anything and that somehow, knowing is then derived from the beliefs of a mass of people who can't really know anything.

This is part of why Biden has such a cavalier relationship with topics of utmost importance. He thinks the real world operates on the basis of 'social' truths and thus programs derived from this irrational worldview are simply matters to be glossed over in the checkbox program method of action. He accepts this because he expects everyone to surrender the individual judgement they claim has no validity, and thus buy into the mass psychosis of the irrational dualism they push.

They tell you the mind has no validity except en masse, which makes no sense, and that they're not materialistic as they demand material support.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:34 PM
Da' Cajun
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Joined Jun 2009
2,866 Posts
Quote:
We're dealing with people fully vested in the idea that reality is malleable and everything is relative, and who can really say. They argue that no one can really know anything and that somehow, knowing is then derived from the beliefs of a mass of people who can't really know anything.

This is part of why Biden has such a cavalier relationship with topics of utmost importance. He thinks the real world operates on the basis of 'social' truths and thus programs derived from this irrational worldview are simply matters to be glossed over in the checkbox program method, because he expects everyone to surrender the individual judgement they claim has no validity, and thus buy into the mass psychosis of the irrational dualism they push.
Wow!! ...can I use that sometimes?

Post of the month!
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:39 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
You bet. If you find it true via your own judgement, then it's your idea as well.

The answers are there to be found and the tool is the choice to use our minds and our reason. They claim there are no real answers but the reason for that is this.. If the world doesnt make consistent, non contradictory logical sense to them they never step back and question their methods and the roots of the questions they're asking.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:41 PM
My poor poor planes.
United States, LA, Lake Charles
Joined May 2012
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post

This is part of why Biden has such a cavalier relationship with topics of utmost importance. He thinks the real world operates on the basis of 'social' truths and thus programs derived from this irrational worldview are simply matters to be glossed over in the checkbox program method of action. He accepts this because he expects everyone to surrender the individual judgement they claim has no validity, and thus buy into the mass psychosis of the irrational dualism they push.

They tell you the mind has no validity except en masse, which makes no sense, and that they're not materialistic as they demand material support.
You're the man Mr Goat.
winndaddy is offline Find More Posts by winndaddy
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:47 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Anyone who chooses to use their reason and not shy away from it is the man. Nothing special about me at all. I'm glad you liked my expression of the ideas though!
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:48 PM
Pan Pan Pan
Arizona
Joined Feb 2003
393 Posts
If this administration's intel regarding Iran is of the same quality as its intel on Libya we are in trouble!

How can Biden say so confidently when Iran will have a nuclear weapon, but notes with laughter that they don't have a delivery vehicle. Did they forget about the bomb in Times Square (that the left tried to pin on someone upset with Obamacare). Seems like a dirty bomb wouldn't need much more than a suitcase or van to deliver.
Harri3 is offline Find More Posts by Harri3