Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 22, 2012, 09:09 AM
Foam Snow
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Aug 2011
1,316 Posts
Discussion
Free Plans for Lasercut Frames / mounts?

I've been searching quite a bit and I'm unable to find a Autocad file with plans for a simple frame and or mounts for a perspex or even plywood.

Does anybody know of such a resource? I have a laser cutter at my disposal and nothing to cut
heinduplessis is offline Find More Posts by heinduplessis
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 29, 2012, 08:12 PM
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Mar 2012
260 Posts
http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/...g10-quad-frame

I know if I had a laser cutter I'd make a frame, see what is good or bad. And use FEA to find out where stress points are while at it.
Hkubota is offline Find More Posts by Hkubota
Old Jun 30, 2012, 09:52 AM
kad
Quad Crasher
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined May 2012
637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkubota View Post
Were you actually able to find the DFX files on that site? I followed his link to the Instructable, but I cant; find the DFX files there.

-K
kad is offline Find More Posts by kad
Old Jun 30, 2012, 11:26 AM
Sunny Phoenix, AZ
Joined Feb 2004
82 Posts
I have a laser cut frame design that I've built several times - it works pretty well. It is a quadcopter frame at about 420mm motor-to-motor spacing, built out of 1/8" plywood. I'd be happy to send you the files if you'd like.

Regards, Jon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinduplessis View Post
I've been searching quite a bit and I'm unable to find a Autocad file with plans for a simple frame and or mounts for a perspex or even plywood.

Does anybody know of such a resource? I have a laser cutter at my disposal and nothing to cut
jmdhuse is offline Find More Posts by jmdhuse