HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 22, 2012, 04:19 PM
!!BEWARE!! NOOB PILOT AM I
CANADA "EH"
Joined Jan 2009
14 Posts
Discussion
M41A3 from Heng long suspension upgrade

Anyone here know how this goes in and where I can find instructions on installation?

Just bought my first Heng Long and opted to get the full metal tracks for it and the suspension heavier springs. The tracks were pretty straight forward to figure out how to get off/on but the suspension springs are a little more tricky with all the little "breakable parts" ... dont want to break my new toy.

Any other "Hop-up" tips you can share would be great ....

I have RC planes and this is my first tank, is there a way to link my tank to my DX6i from specrum? The controller that comes with the tank is a little .... cheap. Looking to convert to a 2.4 Ghz control

Also looking to convert to bigger electric motors = more power?

Anyone out there convert over to lipo batteries on these things for more juice and faster charge times?
Mixednutz1 is offline Find More Posts by Mixednutz1
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2012, 07:17 PM
Semper Fi
Northern Triaid North Carolina
Joined Jun 2008
1,015 Posts
Conversion to Li-Po is easy, match your connectors and make sure you have a low voltage cut off circuit installed. Motors, you can go as high as 480's with not much problem. You may have to change the pinions though. Changing to a 2.4 hobby radio is more of a problem. You will have to add to or replace the electronic package in the tank to do so. Many ways to do it, some more expensive (200 - 400) than others. Look at this link for one way to do it. http://battlearmorrc.weebly.com/index.html . I run a DX6i in my USMC Sherman and love it.

Herman
GreenAmphibian is offline Find More Posts by GreenAmphibian
Old Oct 22, 2012, 08:46 PM
!!BEWARE!! NOOB PILOT AM I
CANADA "EH"
Joined Jan 2009
14 Posts
Thanks Herman, think I might go for the 480's any idea where to get 2? Are they a brushed motor or brush-less?
Mixednutz1 is offline Find More Posts by Mixednutz1
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:39 PM
Semper Fi
Northern Triaid North Carolina
Joined Jun 2008
1,015 Posts
The 480's are brushed motors. Try http://etoarmour.com/ for them. You might have to cut open the top of your HL board and add a cooling fan for the motor fets if you are staying with the HL electronics. I know there are posts on how to do it on this board, but you will have to do a search to find them.

Herman
GreenAmphibian is offline Find More Posts by GreenAmphibian