HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 12:08 PM
Joined Sep 2014
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martywir View Post
Bad Beaver day. this morning, temp At 5 degrees F no wind. maidened after new xmitter setup. lost control and forcibly removed a ski and landing gear.

Also decided that min conditions are 15 degrees and a little wind.

Some parts and she will be good to go again. Where did you guys find socket head screws.? the phillips screws have stripped the heads.
Sorry to hear that. I'm sitting here at my cabin on Lake of the Woods, Ontario. Winds are light, but its -11 F, -24 C, and I am not sure how strong the little plastic parts are at this temperature. (My landings are not always gentle). Maybe this afternoon...

Hey Rick, Hammer833, I see you are in Winnipeg, but some of your previous pictures look like Ontario. Are you on "the lake"? I am in the mouth of Echo Bay, just south-west of Clearwater Bay.
-Chris
nwchris is online now Find More Posts by nwchris
Last edited by nwchris; Today at 12:17 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 03:09 PM
United States, MN, Hopkins
Joined Feb 2013
419 Posts
Sorry to read about the severe cold temps. They are rapidly heading our way here in the States. I got up and it was 10 degrees out so to pass the time and maybe a few degrees warmer I got around to snowblowing the driveway. Yes, 16 degrees for 14 is my cut off temp. The recent snow on Friday night was just white fluff! Take off was easy on the throttle full back stick on the elevator and as the tips of the skis started to appear and ease forward to neutral stick then add more throttle to 3/4 and ease back up elevator up we go smooth! I would S turn throttle back and land with throttle to keep the skis floating on top of the snow, Great Fun! 2 hours later headed for home with a huge smile! I was just flying by my home in a very nice field. Oh, my brother read the forum and informed me I made a mistake on Betsy's age she is 1 and 1/2 years old not 2 1/2. Good flying ya all from here in Minnesota. Bill
Whitieford is offline Find More Posts by Whitieford