SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 06, 2004, 01:47 PM
Katy, Texas
Joined Oct 2003
19 Posts
VQ P-61 Prototype ARF or ARC

P-61 ARF or ARC
Go to http://www.rcwarbirds.com/vqp61flyspage1.htm Paul, the moderator at the Warbirds forum, set me to go look at the new Prototype. It is a hard job, but someone has to do it!!!
Let VQ know what you think, not too late to make suggestions.
Twinman
twinman is offline Find More Posts by twinman
Last edited by Paul Wilson; Aug 10, 2004 at 06:53 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2004, 04:46 AM
Going Home
Mighty Midwest
Joined Apr 2004
760 Posts
Those are some really great photo's. I can only hope to someday be as skilled as those guys are!
Starguard is offline Find More Posts by Starguard
Old Aug 12, 2004, 08:11 AM
Permanently Banned
Joined May 2001
3,816 Posts
It's nice, but too big. Somebody needs to make a smaller BW ARF.
easytiger is offline Find More Posts by easytiger
Old Nov 19, 2004, 12:40 AM
Deadstick
United States, MN, St Paul
Joined Nov 2004
81 Posts
Too bad it's made by VQ
JeffEE is offline Find More Posts by JeffEE
Old Nov 19, 2004, 10:10 AM
Permanently Banned
Joined May 2001
3,816 Posts
Why is that a problem? VQ is perfectly capable of building a nice aircraft...the ones I have seen and built and flown reflect their PRICE. Don't expect Hangar 9 or Bob Violett quality on a GWS budget...for $300, my A-26 was a steal, but it was a $300 airplane, not a $500 one.
This Black Widow certainly looks like it is built to be more expensive, people have been saying nice things about the large VQ P-38, too. It's just not as super cheap as ones like their Macchi and Mustang. They are really inexpensive models!
easytiger is offline Find More Posts by easytiger
Old Nov 19, 2004, 07:58 PM
I can 3 point
Mount Dora Florida
Joined Aug 2002
731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffEE
Too bad it's made by VQ
Perhaps you could give a reason for this statement. I have seen many of the VQ arfs and though some of the earlier designs were very sportscale and some do not like the printed covering, they flew extremely well and were very well constructed. I got the Maachi kit when they first came out and the wings were sheeted and the kit was put together well.
Good luck
Paul
Paul Wilson is offline Find More Posts by Paul Wilson
Old Nov 20, 2004, 09:15 AM
Warbird Pilot
Puget Sound, WA
Joined May 2004
437 Posts
My first generation VQ Zero flew extremely well and lasted for many flights, even with the initial brittle covering. VQ has improved on the covering and plastic since then. The current P-40 is very well constructed and flies like a dream.
Richard L. is offline Find More Posts by Richard L.
Old Nov 21, 2004, 05:59 PM
Deadstick
United States, MN, St Paul
Joined Nov 2004
81 Posts
I took a long look at the VQ line and bought a P-40. Black and red checker tail. The wood was so soft, the gear would not hold up, the covering was bad. Yea, it looked great, but the quality was poor, even for the price. I looked at the P-38 too. Very thin fiberglass, bad gel coat, and to get it into the air you needed to add hundreds of dollars in parts. Just my thoughts. You say they have improved. Great. good luck. I will never even give another one a thought.
JeffEE is offline Find More Posts by JeffEE
Old Nov 22, 2004, 10:13 PM
Warbird Pilot
Puget Sound, WA
Joined May 2004
437 Posts
On the current VQ P-40, I guarantee that you will bend or break the retracts before you rip out the gear mounts, which are made out of hard ply.
Richard L. is offline Find More Posts by Richard L.