HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 02, 2013, 07:05 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,635 Posts
Today there was a different order in flying. I start with easier ones first and go harder after that. Today flew Master c/p first and no issues. Next was my long boom Mcp-x and that went well. Then flew stock Mcp-x and also went well.
Took out MSR/MSR-X and flew them, alls good. Last was U816. It flys ok but hate the TX. I am going to scape this quad as it never was all that good to start with. OK to fool around but I don't like it much anyway. Maybe get a L/B V2 board for it as I have extra frame. U816 motors are good/ batteries still good.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2013, 08:00 PM
Joined Nov 2011
780 Posts
Flew 3 packs through the 250 today. It was pretty windy in my section of Tucson but the 250 was flying like a champ. My V120D02S is down due to being a pile of junk and I'm considering getting rid of her. I'm tired of the mediocre performance. In other news it looks like I'll have either a GAUI X4 or X5 on the way next week (I have serious engineer lust for the X4) and I have an AR7200bx+DSMx sat waiting for it! My Devo 8S will be going deviation and my 250 will get a DSMx sat to replace the rx802 and I am thinking I'll put my V200D03 up for sale (locals preferred!). yeeehaw!
TucsonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TucsonFlyer
Old Mar 03, 2013, 12:49 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,635 Posts
Hi Tom,
Still have the V100D01 I got from you. Had it going pretty good but broke boom again at tail motor bracket. I did buy a couple of extras and repair it soon. I have been flying Super F/P/ MSR-X. Today had both Mcp-x's up and all is good. I have not rushed but doing not bad at all. I enjoy the journey and started this time last year. I have many, many flights on Devo 7TX/ DX6i/ T9x/DX5e.
Gaui X4/ X5 sound great. Nice birds but way out of my reach. Align T-Rex 450s/e is as high as I go. Its ready to go but I'm not. Bigger is better, but micos are also fine.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 07:39 PM
Joined Nov 2011
780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
Hi Tom,
Still have the V100D01 I got from you. Had it going pretty good but broke boom again at tail motor bracket. I did buy a couple of extras and repair it soon. I have been flying Super F/P/ MSR-X. Today had both Mcp-x's up and all is good. I have not rushed but doing not bad at all. I enjoy the journey and started this time last year. I have many, many flights on Devo 7TX/ DX6i/ T9x/DX5e.
Gaui X4/ X5 sound great. Nice birds but way out of my reach. Align T-Rex 450s/e is as high as I go. Its ready to go but I'm not. Bigger is better, but micos are also fine.
Good to hear that the V100 is still alive! That little bugger was a real challenge to fly, small FP with a early gen FBL controller... at least booms are cheap. You can just pick up some solid CF stock at the LHS and make a ton of booms if you need em. How's the V100 fly compared to an MSR-x? I always wondered about that.

I've been rocking the 250 pretty darn hard lately with the V200 really just playing bench warmer. Fortunately I've moved so I'm on the east side now and have tons of state wilderness and undeveloped subdivision land to fly over so I can really open my 250 up and man does she move.

Given the number of packs you're putting in I'm sure you'll overtake me pretty soon! That master CP sounds like it's flying well for you, have you flipped it yet? It's interesting, I've really found that my micros were really great for honing my early skills, I would have hated to start at my 250! They also are great for working on collective management and snappy corrections. I'm moving into a point now with my learning where I need buffer performance and a bit more presence and float to progress. I'm getting into the whole flying 3 mistakes high stage where when I blow it I need to have the performance to correct. It's just more expensive when I fly 3 mistakes high and make four mistakes
TucsonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TucsonFlyer
Old Mar 03, 2013, 08:11 PM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Oct 2012
100 Posts
flew hubsan x4 8 times, helimax 1sq 2x, heli-max md530 1x and v911 1x
rjs62 is online now Find More Posts by rjs62
Old Mar 03, 2013, 09:26 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,635 Posts
Hi Tom,
It will be some time before I am out doing anybody but more and more getting there. V100D01 flys fine but weight and little spooky on the ground. Plus boom is very fragile and kind of pass on by it for that reason. Local Hobby barn is a joke but look out for some carbon. Love the twin brushless motors. I been flying indoors mostly but now with C/P's that needs to change. Two Master c/p's and two 450's, plus another just want to install Spectrum AR6200 w sat. I broke my V400D02 trying to hover in bedroom....> yes I know thats not way to do it. Just had to try it right??
MSR-X/ Super F/P are very nice indoor knock around helis with performance close to a c/p with out 3D. S F/P is dark blue/ black and hard to keep in focus.
Anyway its a hoot and having fun. How far east did you move? I live on Pantano Rd and 22nd St. Closer to Golflinks really. Decent sized park close by but just scoped it out a little. Tucson Meadows has big lot behind in back but hardtop surface. Grass is better option.
Old Mar 04, 2013, 12:55 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,635 Posts
More flighta on MSR-X, whats not to like with this little cuttie ????
Also my pretty little Super F/P. This thing rocks !!!
Old Mar 04, 2013, 08:52 PM
Joined Feb 2013
110 Posts
I flew my v911 again today. Same big room. Hard crash but no damage. It was fun flying back and forth and practicing hovering.
zires is offline Find More Posts by zires
Old Mar 05, 2013, 03:47 AM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,383 Posts
The screwhole for the elevator ball/antirotation pin on my exi swashplate stripped out today... luckily I caught this on the bench. The threads are gone completely. Oh well time to get a Tarot one... or this should be my excuse to go FBL on this heli .
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
Old Mar 05, 2013, 05:23 AM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
3,271 Posts
Yes I did! Even in wind the UMX Stryker handles very well and is a lot of fun.

Parkzone Ultra Micro F-27Q Stryker 180 - Windy Flight in HD (4 min 5 sec)
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
Old Mar 05, 2013, 05:30 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2009
65 Posts
I flew 4 batteries through my Super CP, I'm beginning to tame this beast!
truespin is offline Find More Posts by truespin
Old Mar 05, 2013, 01:01 PM
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Jun 2012
173 Posts
I flew today..two batteries thru my 120SR in light wind had to put nose down full throttle..fun. Happy flying
venicebill is offline Find More Posts by venicebill
Old Mar 05, 2013, 01:42 PM
United States, WI, Appleton
Joined Jul 2012
263 Posts
Samo somo for me. Battery's threw Nano and mCPx-v2.

Dang that v2 flies like a 450 after the Nano. lol
Rich Knapp is offline Find More Posts by Rich Knapp
Old Mar 05, 2013, 03:14 PM
United States, TX, St Paul
Joined Dec 2012
56 Posts
My mcpx is down awaiting repairs. Flew the nano at lunchtime in our training room.

George
georgeintexas is offline Find More Posts by georgeintexas
Old Mar 05, 2013, 03:39 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2009
65 Posts
Put two batteries through my Super CP today, 2nd had almost no power - think I've killed the main motor
truespin is offline Find More Posts by truespin