HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:51 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Its just crazy how much can be learned from flying the mini. I have a clone 450 and can only do forward flight,figure 8,facing, and some backward. I get nervous flying it. The mini my nerves are calm. I am not really afraid to crash it. I have so much more confidence while flying the mini which lets me try new moves. It is cold here again in Michigan and thunderstorm/rainy today. I cannot wait to be able to do some flips. I cannot do it in my yard. I have a road on one side and a pond on the other. I watched your vids bope and know that the heli can go anywhere when trying to flip it.
If I only had the 450 to practice with then I would be broke from fixing it. These new guys to the hobby have it so good when learning. New guys to the hobby are already able to flip. Plus the mini is so easy to setup. No worrying about getting the tail 90degrees, setting rate mode, to get heading hold perfect. Im jealous, wish I would have had this heli when I first started flying cp.
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2012, 09:16 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
872 Posts
Anyone want to trade a 1.5mm mod .5 9 tooth pinion for a 7 tooth?
itsmillertime is offline Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:31 PM
Joined Aug 2009
5,181 Posts
Waiting for someone to post one of these with the Mini:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17yFH_BtoDU

mcpx night blades 2 (2 min 54 sec)

MCPX 3D Night Flight (Test) (3 min 13 sec)
i812 is online now Find More Posts by i812
Last edited by i812; Mar 30, 2012 at 10:57 PM.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:44 PM
United States, TN, Johnson City
Joined Oct 2011
158 Posts
On mannys settings it says for ( stock brushed mini) does anyone know his settings for his BL c05 mini??? Or are they the same as stock??
Milf Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Milf Hunter
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:11 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
872 Posts
I'm working on the night blades now. I have the leds and wire and just need to find a suitable dc-dc step up converter as well as some of that copper tape. I originally wanted to use about 10 leds. 4 for the main blades, 1 on the tail, 4 on the skids and then 1 "search lamp" on the front but now think I'll just use 5 for the blades and tail. The original plan was uv leds and invisible uv paints but that stuff is expensive and not as luminescent as regular leds would be. Still would be cool though...
itsmillertime is offline Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:25 PM
United States, NJ
Joined Jan 2011
137 Posts
I just got my Mini CP but I may have a servo or gyro problem. The elev servo is moving rapidly without any input. Please see video below. Does anybody else had this problem?

MIni CP servo or gyro problem? (1 min 50 sec)
LevTor is offline Find More Posts by LevTor
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:49 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LevTor View Post
I just got my Mini CP but I may have a servo or gyro problem. The elev servo is moving rapidly without any input. Please see video below. Does anybody else had this problem?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCEf9vtuLU4
You can try adjusting the pot on the RX. It might fix this.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 31, 2012, 03:22 AM
Joined Jun 2011
14 Posts
Quote:

I had that issue too. I first thought it was due to gyro setting or faulty servo. I found it was due to electromagnetic noise comimg from the motor. I moved the servo cables as far away from the motor (in my case its a brushless C05M). The twitching servo problem went away completely.
iloveheli is online now Find More Posts by iloveheli
Old Mar 31, 2012, 06:59 AM
Mini CP - Nano CPX - Devo 6
United States, CA, Laguna Niguel
Joined Nov 2010
206 Posts
Quote:

My genius CP did exactly the same thing out of the box, I see it as a quality issue from Walkera. The servo will likely need to be replaced, contact the vendor you bought it from. Good luck
Couchking is online now Find More Posts by Couchking
Old Mar 31, 2012, 09:14 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Just warning the WOW minicp owners. The white silicone will not hold up to a crash on you coil. Benboys receiver he had sent me had the white silicone and the top of the coil broke off with the wire only leaving the very bottom. Here is a post I made about it http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1624581 For those newbies who dont know what I am talking about , read the post .
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Old Mar 31, 2012, 12:42 PM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
Just warning the WOW minicp owners. The white silicone will not hold up to a crash on you coil. Benboys receiver he had sent me had the white silicone and the top of the coil broke off with the wire only leaving the very bottom. Here is a post I made about it http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1624581 For those newbies who dont know what I am talking about , read the post .
I don't think that is Wow fix but Walkera. I order a rx from Ehirobo which came with the whilte silicone on it also. That's a bad place to put the coil away IMO.
vronny is offline Find More Posts by vronny
Old Mar 31, 2012, 02:13 PM
Mini CP - Nano CPX - Devo 6
United States, CA, Laguna Niguel
Joined Nov 2010
206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
I don't think that is Wow fix but Walkera. I order a rx from Ehirobo which came with the whilte silicone on it also. That's a bad place to put the coil away IMO.
I got mine from Miracle Mart and it had the same white silicone on the coil. I've noticed that the Canopy slides forward and up on crashes, usually hitting the coil upwards when it does so. I've applied liquid electrical tape to mine and haven't had a problem since.
Couchking is online now Find More Posts by Couchking
Old Mar 31, 2012, 02:57 PM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post

Hey vronny,

That is what I think also that Walkera is using the white silicone and not wow. The silicone is on the coil and the circuit board points also.
See picture of my RX.

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
Last edited by Tom Z; Jul 10, 2013 at 09:09 AM.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 06:22 PM
United States, MA, Springfield
Joined Dec 2010
575 Posts
they try to put a bandaid to fix the problem... why don't they recall the board and properly solder them? luckly for me my coil is still attached or i'd be raising hell with walkera for a new RX. no quality control whatsoever..
scub is offline Find More Posts by scub
Old Mar 31, 2012, 06:46 PM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scub View Post
they try to put a bandaid to fix the problem... why don't they recall the board and properly solder them? luckly for me my coil is still attached or i'd be raising hell with walkera for a new RX. no quality control whatsoever..
True, white silicone isn't going to do much at all if anything.
Looks like they strictly follow there warranty!
See picture.

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
Last edited by Tom Z; Jul 10, 2013 at 09:09 AM.