Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 20, 2013, 08:17 PM
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined Jun 2007
12 Posts
I have put a tach on the 95v but I can't remember what the reading was. Next time out I'll take a reading. Also, I'm thinking of going to either a 14x6 MA or 15x6. With the 14x7 I fly a little above half throttle. At full throttle she really scoots. The Skybolt is a really nice flying plane. The template provided in the kit works fine for mounting the engine. You just need to do some fine trimming after you make the main cutout. I'm not a pro, but it wasn't that hard.
rcer18901 is offline Find More Posts by rcer18901
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2013, 06:39 PM
United States, CA, Clovis
Joined Mar 2004
3,167 Posts
Good info.. thanks man. Plane looks great!! Congrats on a nicely finished project.
DGrant is offline Find More Posts by DGrant
Old Jul 04, 2014, 07:36 PM
United States, FL, Mt Dora
Joined Apr 2008
21 Posts
All good things must come to an end.
priscalex is offline Find More Posts by priscalex
Old Jul 04, 2014, 11:22 PM
United States, CA, Clovis
Joined Mar 2004
3,167 Posts
oh man... sorry to hear about that. A slight consolation, if you didn't see Towers site lately... they're offering the SkyBolt ARF again.. for 299... I know.. it doesn't ease the blow of loosing one that nice.. but the story doesn't have to end if you didn't get enough of your Bolt...

I haven't built mine yet.. been working on other planes/projects(like usual)... and still haven't decided on my OS 110, or my 95V.. as both have proven very worthy in other planes... I'd actually like to buy another 110 but my wife would freakin kill me..

I hope you get figured out what went wrong.. Loosing one like that can take a little bit of "recovery" to get past.. its all good though.. and as long as nobody/nothing was damaged, thats the best thing that comes out a mishap... hang in there.
DGrant is offline Find More Posts by DGrant