Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 06, 2014, 05:05 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,702 Posts
You didn't program the Nano to output the Xtreme protocol. See the HOW-TO-VIDEOS thread here to watch a video of how that is done:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2007697
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2014, 10:19 AM
Austin, TX
Joined Jul 2009
44 Posts
Because I have already bound the Nano to the transmitter do I have to do a reset on the Nano and start the binding process over again but this time leaving the power connected to the Nano,and the set it to the extreme value?

I have one of the first X-10;s and a Nano connected and I didn't have to do that proceedure. Is that syatem going to be OK as it is now or does it all have to go back to be updated or whatever?
AlanDY is offline Find More Posts by AlanDY
Old Mar 07, 2014, 12:55 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,702 Posts
You have ALWAYS had to put the Nano into the Xtreme output mode to make it work with the X10+. It would not work any other way. So, if your first Nano and X10+ setup works then you would have had to have done this. There is no way around it.

In order to put the Nano into the Xtreme output mode, you have to bind it to the transmitter module (or transmitter) and after the binding is complete you MUST always put the jumper back on the binding port and remove it - TWICE. The first time you do it put the Nano into PPM output mode, and the second time you do it puts in the Xtreme output mode. Power off everything at this point. Now, when you power up the receiver will be outputting the Xtreme protocol on ports 1-6. You can attach the X10+'s serial input to any of these ports.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 08, 2014, 06:47 PM
Austin, TX
Joined Jul 2009
44 Posts
Jim.
Thank you very much. I reset the Nano and then followed your instructions and everything is now working just fine.
Many thanks,
Alan
AlanDY is offline Find More Posts by AlanDY
Old Mar 09, 2014, 10:10 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,702 Posts
Good to hear, Alan!
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 25, 2014, 03:44 PM
United States, NJ, Middletown
Joined May 2012
400 Posts
Anyone have dual nanos working with one on pin 11? I can't get mine to accept the programming setting via the buttons....

Turns out that the doc for fw1.2 might have the wrong information in it. It says 1 press under teal is for channel 11, 2 is for Telemetry and 3 is for Redundant. Looks like it is actually just 1 and 2.

Will test and confirm..

Thanks
Josh
joshgluck is online now Find More Posts by joshgluck
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by joshgluck; Mar 25, 2014 at 08:04 PM. Reason: updated info
Old Mar 25, 2014, 09:16 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,702 Posts
There is only 1 and 2. 1=aux port is 11th servo port, 2=2nd receiver.

The manual was changed to reflect this. I better make sure the latest manual is actually on our sever.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 25, 2014, 09:21 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,702 Posts
I just checked and the latest manual (v1.4) is on our website, and it is correct.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 26, 2014, 09:56 AM
Joined May 2012
400 Posts
Is that v1.4 of the manual or fw? I can't find fw 1.4
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 26, 2014, 10:11 AM
Joined May 2012
400 Posts
Jim on the main page of the site, when you scroll down to the x10 picture and follow the link to the manual it takes you here : http://www.xtremepowersystems.net/data/X10+1.2.pdf
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 26, 2014, 10:54 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,702 Posts
Yeah, that is old - I will have that changed to point to the downloads page instead. The latest manual is v1.4, supporting firmware v1.2. Always go to our downloads page for the latest product manuals:

http://www.xtremepowersystems.net/manuals.php
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 26, 2014, 12:55 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,158 Posts
ah, manuals have their own version numbers... pretty much sp'lains it
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Mar 26, 2014, 01:28 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,702 Posts
Correct. Manuals always show the version number of the manual and the supporting firmware version on the 1st page.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 27, 2014, 09:18 AM
USA, NJ, West Paterson
Joined Feb 2008
1,250 Posts
Hey Jim

Do you see any future with hitec Rx's working with the x10 I would love to using the x10 on my planes. I know it's prob all hitecs fault for not having a ppm output on their Rx's.
jamesrini is offline Find More Posts by jamesrini
Old Mar 27, 2014, 09:59 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesrini View Post
Hey Jim

Do you see any future with hitec Rx's working with the x10 I would love to using the x10 on my planes. I know it's prob all hitecs fault for not having a ppm output on their Rx's.
Hitec seem to be slow on the uptake of single wire communication... but a dude by the name of Simon Chambers took up the charge, and FrSky brought them to market, Hitec A-FHSS compatible receivers: http://www.alofthobbies.com/minima-compatible.html

There are even other micro receivers (more micro than Hitec's strange definition of what "micro" is): http://www.alofthobbies.com/minima-compatible-4.html
http://www.alofthobbies.com/minima-c...ble-micro.html

No direct personal experience, but they all output PPM. Might be worth looking at to play with X10's.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM