Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 30, 2012, 09:15 PM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltyzoo View Post
To advertise a job to everyone when you only intend to hire a woman or a minority is practically fraud. But the government subsidizes the practice, and it happens every day.

Just curious, what do you think of Obama's recent amnesty program?
That stinks..unless you advertise that way.

You mean for kids of aliens?
dll932 is offline Find More Posts by dll932
Old Jun 30, 2012, 10:45 PM
Targeted and... FIRING !
United States, MI, Eastpointe
Joined Aug 2007
670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber View Post
I am a lawyer, I specialize in small business liabilities.
Uh Oh... You're not part of the 99% that make the rest look bad, are ya ?
D B Cooper is offline Find More Posts by D B Cooper
Old Jul 01, 2012, 01:27 AM
Beaumont ,peoples republic of Kalifornia
Joined Jan 2004
232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber View Post
I am a lawyer, I specialize in small business liabilities.
Those wouldn't be liabilities created by other lawyers would they ?
debogus is offline Find More Posts by debogus
Old Jul 01, 2012, 01:34 AM
Suspended Account
Russian Federation, Sakha, Yakutsk
Joined May 2006
2,978 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dll932 View Post
That stinks..unless you advertise that way.

You mean for kids of aliens?
Yeah. Notice he didn't reply.

Born in the USA = Citizen.

It should NEVER be different.
FrogChief is offline Find More Posts by FrogChief
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 01, 2012, 04:51 AM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined May 2008
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogChief View Post
Yeah. Notice he didn't reply.

Born in the USA = Citizen.

It should NEVER be different.
1) excuse me for sleeping instead of responding instantly to a post. It must mean I'm wrong.
2) the question doesn't require a reply. It's obvious what I'm asking.
saltyzoo is offline Find More Posts by saltyzoo
Old Jul 01, 2012, 03:02 PM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
290 Posts
If those kids go to school here, work and become citizens, it's a win/win, right?
Old Jul 01, 2012, 03:08 PM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined May 2008
140 Posts
Those kids were brought here illegally and you're ok with it, but you're having a conniption about legal immigrants. Color me confused but not surprised.

Is it racism? Do you dislike Indians and Asians?
Old Jul 01, 2012, 07:36 PM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
290 Posts
Quote:
Those kids were brought here illegally and you're ok with it, but you're having a conniption about legal immigrants. Color me confused but not surprised.

Is it racism? Do you dislike Indians and Asians?
Nothing wrong with legals, It's using THEM because they're cheaper than US that bugs me...taking advantage of two groups at once.
Old Jul 01, 2012, 07:42 PM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined May 2008
140 Posts
Quote:
Nothing wrong with legals, It's using THEM because they're cheaper than US that bugs me...taking advantage of two groups at once.
Which takes me back to wondering why you like Mexican illegals that work cheaper than us, but hate legal Indian and orientals that work cheaper than us.
Old Jul 01, 2012, 09:56 PM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
290 Posts
Quote:
Which takes me back to wondering why you like Mexican illegals that work cheaper than us, but hate legal Indian and orientals that work cheaper than us.
The program is for KIDS, right? The adults aren't going to stay if there's little work anyhow, but the kids will be used to the North and likely want to stay. Once they get schooling they won't work so cheap.
Old Jul 01, 2012, 11:03 PM
Joined Sep 2010
145 Posts
Quote:
Unless the H1B applicant has something I don't, they won't go to the trouble of "fixing the game". Working with H1B's is a nightmare and costs them quite a bit of money.

If you want to blame somebody blame the lawyers that created and sustain EOE, that has far more to do with it than anything else.
They have something you don't. They live in a 400 sq. foot apartment with 22 other immigrants and they sleep on a piece of carpet that they rool up in the morning to make space for someone else. They don't drive a car or pay insurance or tip or pay for healthcare or do any of the other stuff that you do.They also have blatant disregard for laws and they don't care because this is not their country.

Even for the ones who finally become citizens, it won't be "their country", ever, as far as they are concerned. They will stick to whatever culture they grew up with ans all the time wish that America was "just like home", except for the complete lack of opportunity, of course. Funny how the two are related.
Gooroo is offline Find More Posts by Gooroo
Old Jul 02, 2012, 04:13 AM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined May 2008
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooroo View Post
They have something you don't. They live in a 400 sq. foot apartment with 22 other immigrants and they sleep on a piece of carpet that they rool up in the morning to make space for someone else. They don't drive a car or pay insurance or tip or pay for healthcare or do any of the other stuff that you do.They also have blatant disregard for laws and they don't care because this is not their country.

Even for the ones who finally become citizens, it won't be "their country", ever, as far as they are concerned. They will stick to whatever culture they grew up with ans all the time wish that America was "just like home", except for the complete lack of opportunity, of course. Funny how the two are related.
Wow, we've had very different experiences with H1B applicants. I suspect you haven't actually had any experiences with H1B applicants.
Old Jul 02, 2012, 06:41 AM
Libertas in Infinitum
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Quote:
What they have that you don't is that they're cheaper.
Of course they're cheaper ... what's wrong with that?
logan5 is offline Find More Posts by logan5
Old Jul 02, 2012, 08:32 AM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
Of course they're cheaper ... what's wrong with that?
For one thing, when they leave they take their experience and training with them...it costs about 1.5x yearly salary to hire and train a new employee. They also stroll off with your proprietary info.
Old Jul 02, 2012, 08:43 AM
Libertas in Infinitum
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Quote:
For one thing, when they leave they take their experience and training with them...it costs about 1.5x yearly salary to hire and train a new employee. They also stroll off with your proprietary info.
Okay ... so what would you rather do? We are talking about people who come to the US under valid work visa to provide a service that companies can't find locally. I have no issues with this.

Now, if they were here illegally ... then I would have a problem with it.
logan5 is offline Find More Posts by logan5