Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 17, 2013, 02:48 PM
United States, CA, Rio Vista
Joined Feb 2012
911 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marhar View Post
that's right. the Tx needs to be powered on.
Is this confirmed?
Maybe that is the reason my open9x to 9xr failed...I hope it's that easy.

But it wasn't required to update er9x using eepe, so it doesn't seem to make sense to me.
OldDmbThms is offline Find More Posts by OldDmbThms
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2013, 03:01 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2010
1,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDmbThms View Post
Is this confirmed?
Maybe that is the reason my open9x to 9xr failed...I hope it's that easy.

But it wasn't required to update er9x using eepe, so it doesn't seem to make sense to me.
I didnt have to power on the Tx for any of them, and I have an FrSky DHT module connected to power etc that draws a little, and it flashes just fine with power from my programmer. Your USB port may not be supplying the power needed.
KKUSA is offline Find More Posts by KKUSA
Old Jan 17, 2013, 03:25 PM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marhar View Post
that's right. the Tx needs to be powered on.
Im no expert having only done the flash once to get my 9XR on Open9X. But it depends on the programmer and its jumper setting. My HK USBASP programmer came with a jumper installed which means it provides power to the TX when connected so I left the TX power off. But you can remove the jumper and then you need to switch on the tx before connecting it.

Other programmers such as on eBay may behave differently.
ChrisJ800 is offline Find More Posts by ChrisJ800
Old Jan 17, 2013, 03:31 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ800 View Post
Im no expert having only done the flash once to get my 9XR on Open9X. But it depends on the programmer and its jumper setting. My HK USBASP programmer came with a jumper installed which means it provides power to the TX when connected so I left the TX power off. But you can remove the jumper and then you need to switch on the tx before connecting it.

Other programmers such as on eBay may behave differently.
He said it worked via EEPE. So his jumper must be in the correct position.

@OldDmbThms:
Check your settings for the programmer in Comp9X. Make sure avrdude path is proper, select USBASP as programmer and m64 as MCU. Leave the port selection blank.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:38 PM
Joined Feb 2012
911 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKUSA View Post
He said it worked via EEPE. So his jumper must be in the correct position.

@OldDmbThms:
Check your settings for the programmer in Comp9X. Make sure avrdude path is proper, select USBASP as programmer and m64 as MCU. Leave the port selection blank.
It wasn't, but I changed it to USBASP, M64 and blank and it still fails, with no error message in details showing anything wrong.
Now I'm really getting puzzled.

Yes the programmer is powering the tx via the USB. And HK programmer does have a jumper.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:47 PM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,515 Posts
Open9X q

Im using latest Open9x and using my Blade MQX as test subject. I want to have 2 throttle curves, 1 for normal flying and 1 for when flying with a payload so hover throttle position is higher. I can setup the curves OK but how do I activate each curve say using one of the switches. And more basic than that; having setup the curves how do I tell open9x those are throttle curves? Do I use Mix screen as havent played with that yet? If there is any doco or video on setting up a heli with Open9X can you let me know. Im glad the MQX is a simple model to start with and has no collective pitch
ChrisJ800 is offline Find More Posts by ChrisJ800
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:57 PM
Joined Feb 2012
911 Posts
Quote:
Im using latest Open9x and using my Blade MQX as test subject. I want to have 2 throttle curves, 1 for normal flying and 1 for when flying with a payload so hover throttle position is higher. I can setup the curves OK but how do I activate each curve say using one of the switches. And more basic than that; having setup the curves how do I tell open9x those are throttle curves? Do I use Mix screen as havent played with that yet? If there is any doco or video on setting up a heli with Open9X can you let me know. Im glad the MQX is a simple model to start with and has no collective pitch
Playing with mixes is probably the most important part of er9x or open9x to learn. I believe everything you want to do is there. On the throttle channel edit the mix. You will see a place to select a curve and a place to select a switch. Set that up, then duplicate it again under throttle with a copy and paste operation. Then edit second copy changing the curve to second curve and change the switch from off to on (or visaversa)
PS. I know nothing about helicopters...so YMMV.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:44 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,030 Posts
Quote:
Use Flight Phases
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:50 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,198 Posts
Is there an open9x thread on here or do I have to go to the other forum? Just wondering as I actualy was able to install that companion 9x on my computer. I also just printed that manual but it's longer than the er9x, so I want to take my time and look through that. I need a counter that goes up and the stock 9x only counts down so I can get a better idea of how long my batteries actually last. Thanks.
efx is online now Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:52 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
Is there an open9x thread on here or do I have to go to the other forum? Just wondering as I actualy was able to install that companion 9x on my computer. I also just printed that manual but it's longer than the er9x, so I want to take my time and look through that. I need a counter that goes up and the stock 9x only counts down so I can get a better idea of how long my batteries actually last. Thanks.
FWIW, ER9X timer can count up or down
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:00 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,198 Posts
Thanks. I just want to try test this one at the moment but it will take me some time. I think I can use it without having telemetry as I see that on there. I'm not sure yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
FWIW, ER9X timer can count up or down
efx is online now Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:20 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2011
19 Posts
Guys, I want to ask if any one of you who ordered the 9xr from the first batch using the international parcel to the united states had a problem. Because when I checked the tracking info it tells me the package arrived at the aurora, il post office(where I live) on the 8th but I still haven't recieved it yet.
thekesh is offline Find More Posts by thekesh
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:38 PM
Mark Harrison
USA, CA, Piedmont
Joined Jun 2010
2,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDmbThms View Post
It wasn't, but I changed it to USBASP, M64 and blank and it still fails, with no error message in details showing anything wrong.
Now I'm really getting puzzled.

Yes the programmer is powering the tx via the USB. And HK programmer does have a jumper.
Ah, I'm sorry to have caused confusion. With my old cable on my 9x I needed to power the unit up.
marhar is online now Find More Posts by marhar
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:47 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
Thanks. I just want to try test this one at the moment but it will take me some time. I think I can use it without having telemetry as I see that on there. I'm not sure yet.
You do not need telemetry for timers. The timers will also continue counting in to the negative once they reach 0. Say you have a timer set for five minutes, and fly 8 min, the timer will read -3:00. So you essentially get what you want without setting an up counting timer. I think its easier this way as you can have a count down, and up basically with one timer.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:49 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekesh View Post
Guys, I want to ask if any one of you who ordered the 9xr from the first batch using the international parcel to the united states had a problem. Because when I checked the tracking info it tells me the package arrived at the aurora, il post office(where I live) on the 8th but I still haven't recieved it yet.
Its been "black holed", and will go back the HK if you dont get to the PO and have them trace it.