HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 24, 2012, 04:31 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2009
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
got it...didn't realize you had two different types of battery packs/power systems.
i have the 3s batteries because i have a Telink Su-29 i sell the plane yesterday and keep the Batteries


and today i order the 6s 3000mah batteries


both setups are fine??
do you think with the 2x3s 2200 i can get 5minutes
jmanopla is offline Find More Posts by jmanopla
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 24, 2012, 04:42 PM
Registered User
SnowDog1974's Avatar
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanopla View Post
i have the 3s batteries because i have a Telink Su-29 i sell the plane yesterday and keep the Batteries


and today i order the 6s 3000mah batteries


both setups are fine??
do you think with the 2x3s 2200 i can get 5minutes
probably....fly for 3 minutes and charge and see how much mah you put in...judge from actual experience to be safe
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2012, 05:38 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2009
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
probably....fly for 3 minutes and charge and see how much mah you put in...judge from actual experience to be safe
thanks because one pack on the telink give me about 8 minutes

this is my second electric

i have big planes 100cc and 85cc



thanks
jmanopla is offline Find More Posts by jmanopla
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2012, 06:36 PM
Hooked on 3DHS
lammbn's Avatar
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Nov 2009
908 Posts
i have the motrolfly 3620-480kv on mine pulling 50A at full throttle. my flights are mostly all 3d flying with a few large uplines and blenders or KE spins on the way down. i would fly for 5min, charge and see how many mah you put back in then adjust accordingly. thats how i got to my timer setting on all my planes.
lammbn is offline Find More Posts by lammbn
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2012, 08:41 PM
Hooked on 3DHS
lammbn's Avatar
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Nov 2009
908 Posts
Flew the 58 tonight to get some flights on it since its been neglected lately. A weird cross wind had me landing a way i dont normally land and a little tail heavy cg had me landing faster than normal. Not a problem set her down soft but a rock caught in the wheel pant and nosed her over broke my nice xoar prop. No other damage but im a little saddened to have to put an ugly apc back on it. The shiny xoar will be replaced asap. It flies so much better on the wood though. If you havent tried it you should. 6s motrolfly setups love the 15x8e for amazing power and back to back flights with no heat issues.
lammbn is offline Find More Posts by lammbn
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2012, 09:00 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2009
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammbn View Post
i have the motrolfly 3620-480kv on mine pulling 50A at full throttle. my flights are mostly all 3d flying with a few large uplines and blenders or KE spins on the way down. i would fly for 5min, charge and see how many mah you put back in then adjust accordingly. thats how i got to my timer setting on all my planes.
thanks for the Info i think i gonna fly for 3 minutes and Recharge both packs for be sure
jmanopla is offline Find More Posts by jmanopla
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2012, 09:14 PM
FLYINGJUNKY
eschult's Avatar
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Mar 2008
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammbn View Post
Flew the 58 tonight to get some flights on it since its been neglected lately. A weird cross wind had me landing a way i dont normally land and a little tail heavy cg had me landing faster than normal. Not a problem set her down soft but a rock caught in the wheel pant and nosed her over broke my nice xoar prop. No other damage but im a little saddened to have to put an ugly apc back on it. The shiny xoar will be replaced asap. It flies so much better on the wood though. If you havent tried it you should. 6s motrolfly setups love the 15x8e for amazing power and back to back flights with no heat issues.
I agree on the wood. Never going back to apc!!! LOL.
eschult is offline Find More Posts by eschult
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2012, 11:16 PM
Registered User
SnowDog1974's Avatar
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschult View Post
I agree on the wood. Never going back to apc!!! LOL.
Where are you guys buying your wood xoar props?
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 12:16 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,115 Posts
RCDude, Esprit or Tower...mostly RCDude

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 12:24 AM
Hooked on 3DHS
lammbn's Avatar
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Nov 2009
908 Posts
ditto. except for 19x10's tower seems to be the only place that ever has them in stock when i am looking for them. RCdude has always done well by me so i continue to give him my business whenever i can. take a good look at his mpi aluminum wheels while your there too. they are amazing for those planes that tend to break them easier than others. 48 and 74 are the ones that do that to me.
lammbn is offline Find More Posts by lammbn
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 05:15 AM
FLYINGJUNKY
eschult's Avatar
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Mar 2008
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
Where are you guys buying your wood xoar props?
I have been getting them at RC dude but if i only need one or two I order though Phil's hobby as he only charges $2.10 for shipping.
eschult is offline Find More Posts by eschult
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 07:13 AM
Destructive Tester
jimmy34256's Avatar
Tampa, FL
Joined Apr 2008
1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
Where are you guys buying your wood xoar props?
Advantage Hobby

Sign up for the advantage club and use also please use my Personal Referral Code: 5G6V6B
jimmy34256 is offline Find More Posts by jimmy34256
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 07:26 AM
Registered User
United States, FL, Winter Park
Joined Sep 2010
350 Posts
Anyone have pics of their battery placement using the recommended 4S-4000?

Thanks!
collinss is offline Find More Posts by collinss
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 07:55 AM
Registered User
Howey-in-the-Hills, Fl.
Joined Jul 2007
313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by collinss View Post
Anyone have pics of their battery placement using the recommended 4S-4000?

Thanks!
No photos, but I think I can get you close.

I am using a 3 oz A123 Battery for receiver. It is mounted as far forward on the side of the motor box. I am running a Hyperion 4S-4000 Battery. The battery's end is 1.75" from the firewall. This gives me the 3.75" CG

Ed
Ekir is offline Find More Posts by Ekir
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 08:16 AM
Registered User
United States, NJ, Clayton
Joined Aug 2010
1,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekir View Post
No photos, but I think I can get you close.

I am using a 3 oz A123 Battery for receiver. It is mounted as far forward on the side of the motor box. I am running a Hyperion 4S-4000 Battery. The battery's end is 1.75" from the firewall. This gives me the 3.75" CG

Ed
i was thinking of putting a small life battery on the motorbox, are you using a store bought pack or home made? also whats the capacity?
keithy4129 is offline Find More Posts by keithy4129
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion 60 inch edge 540 vs 48 inch extreme flight extra 300 & edge 540 vs 3dhs slick 51 & 59 CRFan1 3D Flying 40 Mar 04, 2012 02:45 PM
Sold 3DHS Omega 130g NIB 58.00 Shipped boatdoc Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 9 Aug 28, 2011 09:16 AM
Discussion 3dhs edge 41" edge as second ish) plane? Mr Bloppy 3D Flying 19 Aug 25, 2010 09:43 AM
Wanted Wanted - 47" - 58" 3DHS, EF or Sebart plane paintball_kidz Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jan 02, 2010 11:12 PM
Wanted 47"-58" size 3DHS, Sebart or Extreme Flight paintball_kidz Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 13 Jan 02, 2010 12:52 AM