HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 09, 2012, 09:51 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
3,923 Posts
I like to pop open them servos and do the solder routine. Also been getting into adjusting the servo wires to the right lengths to minimize the rat's nest get some nice wiring routing. To each his own.
fredmdbud is online now Find More Posts by fredmdbud
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2012, 03:10 AM
United States, CO, Lakewood
Joined Mar 2007
3,009 Posts
I've always read/heard NOT to use a servo reverser with Spekrtum so I never got one. I did the resolder thing for one of my T-50's.

I do know there have been lots of guys that have gotten the little reverser/slower from HobbyKing and not had any problems with their spektrum radios.
ColoradoHeliNut is offline Find More Posts by ColoradoHeliNut
Old Feb 10, 2012, 04:27 AM
half-ass Astronaut
United States, FL, Largo
Joined Jan 2011
123 Posts
just one more thing that could possibly go wrong, i was frightened away when a long time hobbyist told me not to use these reversers on a primary flight control surface.... especially a full flying stab lol. i would think of an external reverser a last resort
jdubg23 is offline Find More Posts by jdubg23
Old Feb 10, 2012, 07:51 AM
United States, MI, Royal Oak
Joined Nov 2005
1,340 Posts
Colorado, Ive been using my HK servo reversers (and some no-name brand one) with both my DX6i and my new DX7S and have never had any sort of issues with them. Its good to have a couple on hand just incase! For me, the HK ones work just as advertised.

Jordan
JGuilty13 is offline Find More Posts by JGuilty13
Old Feb 10, 2012, 10:06 AM
ROLL, PITCH, YAW
Joined Jan 2011
258 Posts
Silly Question

Feel kind of silly asking this but, if in doubt...
Do the TV servos "HAVE" to be 120 degree servos. I've seen on here where some have disabled TV all together so...
washab is offline Find More Posts by washab
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:31 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,308 Posts
Greetings all! I am a proud new owner of this gorgeous bird as of today. I got a screamin' deal on it at the Northwest Hobby Expo...Never flown, brand new, the guy put her together (and did a fantastic job, very meticulous, no glue overruns, et al) but never even put a battery and rx in her.

I got her home, binded her, got the throws and settings as they should be. First off, this is by far the nicest quality foam EDF jet I have ever had. I can see why Boeing endorsed it. Now before anyone throws tomatoes at me, I promise to read through the thread in the following days but for now can I get two quick questions answered? I really appreciate it, and look forward to reading through the thread and maidening this hot bird!

Question 1) What is the proper AOA for the elevators at the neutral position? I couldn't see a frame of reference in the manual.

Question 2) How do I turn on/off the vector thrust quickly? I have a DX7 and programmed it based on the manual recommendations and was wondering if there was an on/off switch instead of unplugging from the rx?

Thank you so much!
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2012, 03:02 AM
half-ass Astronaut
United States, FL, Largo
Joined Jan 2011
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by washab View Post
Feel kind of silly asking this but, if in doubt...
Do the TV servos "HAVE" to be 120 degree servos. I've seen on here where some have disabled TV all together so...
i ran into the same problem putting mine together, where to find the 120 deg servos. i put hitec in all my flight controls and used the stock hobby lobby ones for TV

http://search2.hobby-lobby.com/psear...ueryId=3440344

http://search2.hobby-lobby.com/psear...ueryId=3440344

after a dozen flights i disabled TV and salvaged two of the servos by making custom dual rudders

Hobby lobby f18. Rudder mod (0 min 31 sec)
Old Feb 11, 2012, 03:10 AM
half-ass Astronaut
United States, FL, Largo
Joined Jan 2011
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
Greetings all! I am a proud new owner of this gorgeous bird as of today. I got a screamin' deal on it at the Northwest Hobby Expo...Never flown, brand new, the guy put her together (and did a fantastic job, very meticulous, no glue overruns, et al) but never even put a battery and rx in her.

I got her home, binded her, got the throws and settings as they should be. First off, this is by far the nicest quality foam EDF jet I have ever had. I can see why Boeing endorsed it. Now before anyone throws tomatoes at me, I promise to read through the thread in the following days but for now can I get two quick questions answered? I really appreciate it, and look forward to reading through the thread and maidening this hot bird!

Question 1) What is the proper AOA for the elevators at the neutral position? I couldn't see a frame of reference in the manual.

Question 2) How do I turn on/off the vector thrust quickly? I have a DX7 and programmed it based on the manual recommendations and was wondering if there was an on/off switch instead of unplugging from the rx?

Thank you so much!
the stock TV switch is Mix i beleive, that is only for elevator and aileron TV, rudder stays on.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=3753905
Old Feb 11, 2012, 11:43 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,308 Posts
Thanks for the link jdubg23. I'm sorry but I don't understand any of what you said about a TV switch and how it related to turning on/off the vector thrust?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2012, 11:59 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,532 Posts
If you go into you mix 1 or 2 settings there is should be an option for (SW) "Switch" you can have it as "ON" or on a specific switch to toggle off and on.

http://www.dacaur.com/rc/dx7throttlekill.jpg

http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...g?d=1233128386
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Last edited by v8truckin; Feb 11, 2012 at 12:23 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 02:57 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,308 Posts
Oh I see, okay thanks!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2012, 06:13 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,308 Posts
Being new to TV I am wondering what pointers anyone has for me. First off, I need to make sure they are doing what they are supposed to be doing:

ELEVATOR UP/DOWN > No TV activity.
AILERON LEFT > TV nozzles Down
AILERON RIGHT > TV nozzles Up
RUDDER LEFT > TV nozzles left
RUDDER RIGHT > TV nozzles right

Sure doesn't seem right. (Ailerons and elevator mixed up?) That's based on the mixing instructions specified in the manual.

So can I maiden like that or is it going to get all jittery on me?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2012, 06:32 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,532 Posts
Aros,

Happy maidens

Hobby-Lobby 90mm FA-18 Super Hornet (3 min 53 sec)
Old Feb 11, 2012, 06:51 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,308 Posts
Thanks! Well that answers that! Yikes, good thing I didn't try to maiden yet!

I wonder how my mixing got all messed up? I followed the manual to the letter on my DX7. I'll investigate.

So how do I know if mine is V1 or V2?

Thanks again...She's a beauty and I don't want to do anything stupid and get her all smashed up on the maiden...
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2012, 06:56 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,532 Posts
V1 has a string in the nose gear doors that the retracts hit and cause the door to close. V2 has a servo activated door with sequencer to open and close the gear doors.