Jun 30, 2012, 02:37 PM
Really?
Thread OP
Discussion

Another reason why we hate lawyers

http://blog.machinedesign.com/Machin...YM_MID=1312930

This explains why some of those jobs in ads don't really exist-for most of us.
Jun 30, 2012, 03:07 PM
Don't want to lose a prospective job to an immigrant? Learn the job, do it better, don't be a douche, learn how to communicate well. Problem solved.
Jun 30, 2012, 03:35 PM
Really?
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltyzoo
Don't want to lose a prospective job to an immigrant? Learn the job, do it better, don't be a douche, learn how to communicate well. Problem solved.
The point is, they fix the game so you won't even get the chance.
Jun 30, 2012, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dll932
The point is, they fix the game so you won't even get the chance.
Unless the H1B applicant has something I don't, they won't go to the trouble of "fixing the game". Working with H1B's is a nightmare and costs them quite a bit of money.

If you want to blame somebody blame the lawyers that created and sustain EOE, that has far more to do with it than anything else.
Jun 30, 2012, 03:52 PM
Really?
Thread OP
What they have that you don't is that they're cheaper.
Jun 30, 2012, 03:56 PM
Quote:
What they have that you don't is that they're cheaper.
They're living here and spending their money here. If they're willing to work cheaper than me and can do as good a job as me, and can communicate as well as me, then more power to them. I work hard to stay skilled and be well worth my paycheck. I am not threatened by H1B workers. I have many that are close friends.

They are coming here legally and contribute to our society. I welcome them.
Jun 30, 2012, 03:59 PM
Really?
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltyzoo
They're living here and spending their money here. If they're willing to work cheaper than me and can do as good a job as me, and can communicate as well as me, then more power to them. I work hard to stay skilled and be well worth my paycheck. I am not threatened by H1B workers. I have many that are close friends.

They are coming here legally and contribute to our society. I welcome them.
That's fine as long as the game isn't fixed, which is the point of the link-it frequently is.
Jun 30, 2012, 04:04 PM
Quote:
That's fine as long as the game isn't fixed, which is the point of the link-it frequently is.
The game is ALWAYS fixed. Life is not fair. Employers will always look for the candidate that best fits their needs. If "cheap" with a high likelihood of poor communications skills in English, and employees that like to take 3 and 4 weeks of vacation all at once is what they want, then so be it, more power to them, I'll come in later and clean up the mess for twice the price.
Jun 30, 2012, 04:26 PM
Really?
Thread OP
To advertise a job to everyone when you only intend to hire H1B's is practically fraud.
Jun 30, 2012, 04:37 PM
Quote:
To advertise a job to everyone when you only intend to hire H1B's is practically fraud.
To advertise a job to everyone when you only intend to hire a woman or a minority is practically fraud. But the government subsidizes the practice, and it happens every day.

Just curious, what do you think of Obama's recent amnesty program?
Jun 30, 2012, 04:56 PM
Not THAT Ira
I was donating blood once and a little girl who was there with her mom who was also donating said, " when I grow up I want to draw peoples blood too."
The mom said, " then you need to get good grades and go to law school."

Everybody in the place LOLed.
Jun 30, 2012, 05:01 PM
Hobby King Hater
I am a lawyer, I specialize in small business liabilities.
Jun 30, 2012, 05:23 PM
Get One Up!!!
Kimber, you'll be well aware that all the haters of lawyers tend to hate the lawyers, right up to the moment that they need one .
Jun 30, 2012, 09:06 PM
If American workers weren't so easily replaced by immigrant workers, none of this would be a problem.

News Flash: They aren't hiring immigrants because they like immigrants.

They are hiring them because they are cheaper, they complain less, and they work hard.

The also don't sue you for every broken finger nail.

We've made a choice in America to treat our lazy with free food stamps, EBT cards, free cell phones, etc.

Why work a crappy job when you can live off the dole? Why struggle to make good grades if you don't have to find a job? Why push your children when you will some government program to pay for you when you get old?
Jun 30, 2012, 09:12 PM
Really?
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber
I am a lawyer, I specialize in small business liabilities.
I actually know (and like) several lawyers ...just finished having dinner with one in fact. It's a personal thing I guess; as an officer of the court, you have decide what you're comfortable doing and whether it conflicts with your beliefs.

Quick Reply