HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 08, 2014, 08:25 PM
United States, WI, Rib Lake
Joined Dec 2004
69 Posts
[QUOTE=

GoNavy, your inclined rib, don't know, I think you would have to generate that rib separately, but ask the support section in Compufoil, Eric has been very helpful for a long time on my part.[/QUOTE]

They advised Compufoil cannot generate that special rib.
GoNavy is offline Find More Posts by GoNavy
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 08, 2014, 08:46 PM
United States, WI, Rib Lake
Joined Dec 2004
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by portablevcb View Post
Or, make those inner ribs from a much thicker wood, like 1/4 or thicker balsa. Then sand in the angle like above. This also allows a radius to the curve, since full size didn't have really sharp bend on the underside.

But, if you want to keep it really light then, yes, you do have to change the size of the rib a bit. IIRC all it takes is "stretching" it vertically. Use a trig function to find out how much. For 15deg it isn't much.
Yes, function tangenet 15 degree is .2679. If, for example, the maximum "thickness" of our rib was, say, 1.5 inch, the the wedge of balsa would need to be
(1.5 times .2679) .402 inches, on the "bottom.

Make two wedges, glue one to the mating ribs, cut and sand.

Sketch attached.
GoNavy is offline Find More Posts by GoNavy