HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:46 AM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,871 Posts
NM - I got the number... arghh! This so annoying and it's my only FPV camera .. I wanted to fly this weekend the Maja and the Quad FPV .. so that's over! I am really pissed and that doesn't happen a lot :-D
flyandi is offline Find More Posts by flyandi
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:15 PM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,871 Posts
Alright - it's bricked and I have to send it in - luckily they are in Riverside, so should not take too long.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:46 PM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
3,452 Posts
So i wonder how many others this has happened to? GoPro must know of the issue by now...

But i am glad that they are going to replace it for you...or they might open it up and un-brick it if that is even possible...

good luck.
SDSURFnGLIDE is offline Find More Posts by SDSURFnGLIDE
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:32 PM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,871 Posts
I don't care - just give me a working GoPro :-) .. I know that this one worked great - so I don't mind getting it back .. a new one would be nice :-) But there was some issues with the latest production models .. so changing a bricked one for a 50%-working one - ehh no! :-D

Well, we will see - maybe they send me a WiFi BackPac :-D
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:47 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyandi View Post
I don't care - just give me a working GoPro :-)
Two words my man "Geek Squad". Usually I suggest buying GoPro's from Best Buy and getting the coverage on it. They said they'll cover damage to the camera and swap it out. If they don't I'll become a 2 y/o child in the store until they give me one.

Only stipulation they have is you have to gather all the parts the camera may have broken into.. That and it can't be dripping water when you bring it into the store.
typicalaimster is offline Find More Posts by typicalaimster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I was bored
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:50 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrtsqrl View Post
Scott,
You really don't need a touch down marker...
What you need is a glideslope and line-up indicator...
From what I saw last night I have some ideas. It's just a matter of time to put those ideas into play. Who knows maybe I'll go get some chem lights and drop those out there for the next Night Fly!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:10 PM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,871 Posts
Well, I got mine as a Birthday Gift this year .. I think she bought it at Target.. oh no biggy - it's fine - probably I get a brand new one .. plus I don't have to send back the accessories or the LiPo .. it's all good.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:00 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,369 Posts
Just updated my GoPro and things went well. I guess what's confusing is you don't connect it back to the USB until the silly icon goes away. I did format the SD card in the camera before beginning the upgrade.

Looking at it you have to go into the second settings menu and turn the ProTune Mode On. After that it your resolution settings will have a T at the end of them. Comparing a 720 video I shot yesterday to a 720 video I shot today.. Yeah it's doubled the data rate on the videos. Guess I need to upgrade from my little 8 Gig card to a 16 Gig card.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:03 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,452 Posts
yeah i think im running either a 16 or 32 gig class 10 in mine....
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:21 AM
Just trying to get a nut.
United States, VA, McLean
Joined Oct 2006
6,470 Posts
Anyone going to the airshow?
scrtsqrl is online now Find More Posts by scrtsqrl
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:29 AM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,871 Posts
I wanna go on Saturday with my little one (2years old) - but early so we can check out the planes and leave before the jets take-off .. too loud and scary :-)
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:48 AM
It's all fun till Crunch!
InSane Diego
Joined Jan 2002
1,988 Posts
naw, I've seen it before!
Capt. Crunch is online now Find More Posts by Capt. Crunch
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:28 AM
Joined Apr 2011
3,452 Posts
I went a long time ago when i was in middle school i think.....got to meet the blue angel pilots...pretty cool
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:47 AM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Aug 2010
1,125 Posts
Worked for the Navy for 25 years, was fortunate to be at the bases all over the U.S. and was really fortunate enough to be there when the air shows were there. When your working there I didn't have to put up with the traffic, as I had access to different gates.

Since I've retired, I don't go, I hate the traffic. Do miss them though. I love the military and what they do. God Bless Them All.
Bill0 is online now Find More Posts by Bill0
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:04 AM
Joined Apr 2011
3,452 Posts
I grew up in rancho penasquitos and we lived up on black mountain...I could literally sit on our deck in the back yard and watch the whole show...

I hear ya on the traffic Bill...it becomes a mess!! i take the 15 to and from work every day and drive right past the base...hopefully traffic isnt too bad on the way home today ...

And thank you Bill for serving our country!! Without guys like you, we wouldnt have the freedoms we have!!