SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 29, 2012, 05:00 PM
What goes up, must come down
United States, MI, Midland
Joined Sep 2009
705 Posts
The LC filter should be placed on the power going into the Vtx and or the camera power. Also you are using a separate UBEC?
crazy1pilot is offline Find More Posts by crazy1pilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2012, 05:35 PM
I need a bigger shed..
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
My first flight with nova osd. IR calibration was successful and RTH worked even though it was dusk and even the street lights had come on. Also, there are a few bits of video with the rolling problem, but didn't last long.
Bixler cyclops nova osd test (7 min 27 sec)
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
Old Mar 29, 2012, 05:38 PM
RC pilot by soul
Israel
Joined Apr 2005
2,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by not103 View Post
Hi all,

I was looking for a solution for the mah issue on nova current sensor.
After some research I found the data sheet of current sensor IC.
My procedure was to compare the OSD current value with the real value given by a multimeter and take a note of IC vout voltage.
With these tests I found that add 0,03v on vout should fix the problem (it's a workaround of course the main problem is on software).
My solution is reduce the resistor value of the circuit (2 resistors R30 and R31 in series for bout 2k ohm ) on the board.
The best way is substitute the R30 (or R31) with a 1k ohm pot resistor to fine tuning the OSD vlaue, I don't have it and i found that on my board the correct value for R30 is about 800 ohm so i soldered the new resistor on board.

I made some test and now is working well, the current consumption and total consumption are correct!

That is supposed to affect both current count and mAh count, which is NOT what we want.
i3dm is offline Find More Posts by i3dm
Old Mar 29, 2012, 05:52 PM
ApachePilot
United States, MI, De Tour Village
Joined Oct 2006
1,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy1pilot View Post
The LC filter should be placed on the power going into the Vtx and or the camera power. Also you are using a separate UBEC?
Thanks, but now I think it is dead, absolutely no video or blinking on the osd....

So where do I send this thing into to be fixed? Everything was working ok but had crappy video. Went back out to fly a bit ago after changing antenna on my vRx and nothing.....no led, no smoke, no video, nothing.....

ApachePilot
ApachePilot is online now Find More Posts by ApachePilot
Last edited by ApachePilot; Mar 29, 2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 05:59 PM
Joined Feb 2012
44 Posts
the ir sensor is required?
The sensor is used for the rth mode, or is required only for the mode PA?
Thanks
alfredo8989 is offline Find More Posts by alfredo8989
Old Mar 30, 2012, 02:02 AM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,767 Posts
Yes, think of RTH mode as PA mode with a little more direction.

CJ
Carlos230023 is offline Find More Posts by Carlos230023
Old Mar 30, 2012, 02:29 AM
Joined Nov 2011
12 Posts
Hello all

I just purchased a nova osd after a friend bought one and has had great success. The problem with my osd seems that when I put it in RTH mode, it turns and seeks 'home' but in an unbelievable slow turn almost to the point where it doesn't seem to be working. If I am patient enough, it will eventually turn home but then make very very large circles over head. This is in stark contrast to my friends airplane that turns 'home' immediately with a moderate bank. He has the same setup as I do - servo throws etc. I have set up exponential to 20% but this should have no effect on the turning ration as the receiver is not controlling the airplane (the OSD is) - correct?. Any thoughts or suggestions? Is there a way to adjust the turning rate of the OSD? Everything else works fine - display/PA mode sensors gps etc. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks
dzmann is offline Find More Posts by dzmann
Old Mar 30, 2012, 02:49 AM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,767 Posts
If your expo is set to twenty when you setup the servo movement the NOVA will record the movement of your Tx with mixes on. If you want a sharper bank, turn off expo and duel rates, maby even extend your EPA if it still isn't playing ball, recalibrate the nova and test with each step (to make sure you havn't gone too far :P)

CJ
Carlos230023 is offline Find More Posts by Carlos230023
Old Mar 30, 2012, 03:05 AM
Joined Nov 2011
12 Posts
Carlos230023
Thanks for those suggestions. I will try that and will do a follow-up. The weather doesn't look very good this weekend but hopefully I will get a chance to test it out.
DZ
dzmann is offline Find More Posts by dzmann
Old Mar 30, 2012, 04:40 AM
The Netherlands, NH, Zandvoort
Joined Mar 2011
81 Posts
The Nova OSD does not copy what is set on your transmitter,..

If you want more bank you need to give more throw on the servo, and control horn. If you fly in an area with mountains the Nova not bank so much.
Jantjezandje is offline Find More Posts by Jantjezandje
Old Mar 30, 2012, 04:41 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzmann View Post
Carlos230023
Thanks for those suggestions. I will try that and will do a follow-up. The weather doesn't look very good this weekend but hopefully I will get a chance to test it out.
DZ
Ill be very interested in your results to whether expo makes a difference. Although, I can't see how it would.
What plane are you using?
Old Mar 30, 2012, 05:00 AM
Joined Feb 2012
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos230023 View Post
Yes, think of RTH mode as PA mode with a little more direction.

CJ
rth works without ir sensor?
alfredo8989 is offline Find More Posts by alfredo8989
Old Mar 30, 2012, 05:03 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfredo8989 View Post
rth works without ir sensor?
No, needs ir sensor, and if sensor isn't calibrated properly (tricked with hand etc), RTH won't work properly and may deck you plane! (well, so i have read)
Old Mar 30, 2012, 06:28 AM
RC pilot by soul
Israel
Joined Apr 2005
2,530 Posts
Has anyone heard anything about publishing the new firmware files (with the mAh bug fix) ?
i3dm is offline Find More Posts by i3dm
Old Mar 30, 2012, 08:25 AM
ApachePilot
United States, MI, De Tour Village
Joined Oct 2006
1,940 Posts
Anyone? Ideas?

ApachePilot
ApachePilot is online now Find More Posts by ApachePilot