HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 29, 2011, 09:46 PM
Clear for Take-Off!!!
Dexter, Michigan USA
Joined Nov 2003
1,167 Posts
WOW! A response?! Did the earth stand still for a moment when this happened?
helipilot is online now Find More Posts by helipilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2011, 11:40 PM
USA, CA, Westlake Village
Joined Sep 2004
1,824 Posts
Well I have to say that they did reply again today and they're sending me a new set tomorrow! He asked me to send back the faulty set when I had a chance so they could take a look at it.

Needless to say, I'm pleased with this response. This goes a long way to regaining my trust and I hope this signals an effort to repair the reputation...

Pete
lovespicyfood is offline Find More Posts by lovespicyfood
Old Mar 30, 2011, 12:36 AM
B72
Arthur,Ontario, Canada
Joined Jan 2006
143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespicyfood View Post
Well I have to say that they did reply again today and they're sending me a new set tomorrow! He asked me to send back the faulty set when I had a chance so they could take a look at it.

Needless to say, I'm pleased with this response. This goes a long way to regaining my trust and I hope this signals an effort to repair the reputation...

Pete
Maybe you could ask them why they aren't answering anybody else, or if they are still in business.
B72 is offline Find More Posts by B72
Old Mar 30, 2011, 12:56 AM
Joined Sep 2004
1,824 Posts
Kyle mentioned that they have been having "fun" with a parts supplier and that it has been taking most of his time. He said that they had secured two other parts suppliers and he was hopeful that things would get better fast.

I would still argue that silence is not the best way to handle trying business circumstances. The public is forgiving if a company is candid about their difficulties if they work towards making things right...
Old Mar 30, 2011, 01:01 AM
B72
Arthur,Ontario, Canada
Joined Jan 2006
143 Posts
It would seem to me that if you are having problems getting parts to produce a product you would want your customers to know that, so they don't think you are the one at fault. I for one am really ticked that they would not even acknowledge receiving my emails.
B72 is offline Find More Posts by B72
Old Mar 30, 2011, 01:22 AM
Joined Sep 2004
1,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by B72 View Post
It would seem to me that if you are having problems getting parts to produce a product you would want your customers to know that, so they don't think you are the one at fault. I for one am really ticked that they would not even acknowledge receiving my emails.
I agree. That is a terrible way to conduct business and the fastest way to ruin a reputation that up until recently, was pretty good.
Old Apr 05, 2011, 01:02 AM
Joined Oct 2007
68 Posts
Ordered Lights and never got them . They still got my money since paypal is reviewing the case
divebot is offline Find More Posts by divebot
Old Jul 21, 2011, 10:31 PM
Mike
Joined Dec 2010
749 Posts
anyone else having problems with not getting their lights?
I ordered on 27th June 2011, still no sign of the lights.
The status is still showing as "Invoiced", and I am getting the silent treatment.

If you are thinking of getting the lights, I suggest you hold till they get their act together again.
miketre is offline Find More Posts by miketre
Old Jul 21, 2011, 10:36 PM
Clear for Take-Off!!!
Dexter, Michigan USA
Joined Nov 2003
1,167 Posts
If you paid via Paypal, put in a dispute and you may get your lights. Mine came 1 week after I filed a dispute with Paypal. Mind you I waited 3 weeks before filing. Good luck!
Old Jul 22, 2011, 01:58 AM
Joined Sep 2004
1,824 Posts
Yea, they have major issues. Got a set after waiting WEEKS with no response to inquiries. I almost did a Paypal dispute. The set I got was DOA! Finally got a response from them and they sent me a new set out. Guess what? One of the lights in this "new" set works intermittently! What a miserable experience all aroun. I gave up and never went after them for a new set that would *hopefully* have worked.

Pete
Old Jul 23, 2011, 09:50 AM
Joined Oct 2004
156 Posts
I'm so confused...I understand that "Tiny Brite Lights" is just a guy out of his house, but just think of all the money he could be making if he honored his commitments....to post "in stock" on your web site and then not send out the product you took someone's money for, and then intentionally refuse incoming calls and refuse to respond to upset people who are out the money you took from them with no response or delivery of the goods on you end...what is the purpose?

Does he really not understand that people have to file complaints and have their credit card companies or papal, etc get their money back from them will eventually drive him out of business?

His TBL products are awesome! Just think of the amount of business he could do! What is everyone's thoughts as to what his intention is for taking peoples money and not sending anything out? Could he really be so nieve that he thinks he'll be able to continue doing that for years to come? With enough bad press and complaints to the BBB and papal disputes, credit card disputes, etc that those companies are going to stop him?
newflyer100 is offline Find More Posts by newflyer100
Old Jul 23, 2011, 10:34 AM
Joined Sep 2004
1,824 Posts
The only time I got any response from him was when I got my first DOA set and I told him I was going to file a Paypal claim. He FINALLY corresponded with with me and was quite cordial. He explained that he was working out issues with quality control and was hopefully getting it sorted out with vendors.

Yes, the stuff was awesome from what I have read prior, but I am obviously totally disappointed with one set that arrived non-working and another where the blinking white led worked intermittently and now does not work at all.

There is absolutely no excuse for not answering emails and taking weeks to ship, if sending the stuff out at all. Previous poster is right, don't take people's money and sort out your issues first. AT THE VERY LEAST, communicate what is going on when somebody orders and/ or give them a heads up that it will take weeks to fulfill.

The guy has nobody to blame but himself and it is sad and pathetic. He ruined the reputation of his company. I am surprised that not more businesses have stepped in to fill the void. Personally, outfitting my micros that I am able to fly the heck out of in my front yard lends them perfectly to a light setup.

Pete
Old Jul 23, 2011, 11:15 AM
Clear for Take-Off!!!
Dexter, Michigan USA
Joined Nov 2003
1,167 Posts
Like I said in a previous post, Tiny Brite Lites is shooting itself in the foot and killing his business. Self inflicted. Unless he really does not need the money. If this is the case than Im more than happy to take over the business. I'd love to work from home earning an income. I would like to order another set but am afraid it would take years before I saw the light set.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 01:44 PM
Mike
Joined Dec 2010
749 Posts
Their online store went offline for a while. I ordered shortly after they came back online. I could not find any paypal option during checkout, although it is not hard to imagine why.
I have already called my credit card company and was advised that there isn't a hard time limit to file the claim. I'm going to give them another month before I do so.

Their products looks so promising. It is such a pity that the company will eventually die because of the lack of service.
miketre is offline Find More Posts by miketre
Old Jul 23, 2011, 02:15 PM
Clear for Take-Off!!!
Dexter, Michigan USA
Joined Nov 2003
1,167 Posts
mike, you have more patience in a company that has your money than i do. My guess is he is making the light sets as he gets funding. Or he is in the hole as far as his orders go and your order payment is funding someone elses light set. When he gets another order in he uses those funds for the next order and so on until your place in line is up. Mine took over 3 months to arrive and thats only after I placed a dispute with Paypal.