SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 14, 2012, 11:56 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
As usual it just comes down to paying for stuff. I could pay someone to do them or abuse my assembly line for free. If I pay someone then I'm obligated to sell stuff. And I don't want to turn a hobby into a full time job that being said, even if I paid someone, my local choices are well, several magnitudes cheaper than u.s. Based service
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2012, 12:12 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,979 Posts
Can some one please confirm the corner bolt hole spacing on the stock FF board... it doesn't mention anywhere I've looked. I'm putting together an order at the GLB web store, and it only has one that's rated for over 25A. Just want to be sure the bolt spacing matches.

Also, is the low voltage "buzzer" on the board very loud? I plan to remove it from the main board regardless, but just wondering if it's got a low enough frequency that I can hear it (like maybe 500 Hz or less... like a real buzzer). I can't hear higher frequencies at any distance.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Feb 15, 2012, 12:19 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Spacing is standard 45mm or so, I'm driving so can't check. Same pattern as mk etc.
Buzzer is continuous tone type, so likely 2.3khz.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 12:25 AM
Suspended Account
United States, FL, Maitland
Joined Apr 2011
2,109 Posts
http://0x000000.info/%5Cdropbox%5Cmisc%5C2300hz.mp3

for your listening pleasure

timecop you should get my angryface avatar lol
chatch15117 is offline Find More Posts by chatch15117
Old Feb 15, 2012, 12:31 AM
Suspended Account
United States, FL, Maitland
Joined Apr 2011
2,109 Posts
timecop do you have your own thread made? maybe post schematics and stuff . i want to make/build one!

that's how kk boards started right?
http://www.skanowanie.com.pl/4yeo/quadcontrollerv4.jpg
chatch15117 is offline Find More Posts by chatch15117
Old Feb 15, 2012, 12:42 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatch15117 View Post
Thank you! That may work for me, depending the volume level and other ambient and motor noise outdoors.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 01:29 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1 Posts
I realize this may not be the forum for this post but definitely the right group of people, Somebody help me out, or point me in a direction. I have a small group of boys 14-16 years old and want to have them each build there own simple (cheap) multi. I don't want it to be to easy for them, yet possible and leave them some freedom on design. I am not worried about the technical aspects I can help them (I have the pcb experience, and programming background). I was a lot closer 3 days ago when I started researching than I am now. I have read so many projects and threads that I don't know which way is up all though the FF board seems like the obvious choice this project. Where can I get some simple specs and materials list? I'm in the US, not crazy about china orders and would like some support if need be. Thanks for the help and sorry for inappropriate forum.
spytebyte is offline Find More Posts by spytebyte
Old Feb 15, 2012, 01:38 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatch15117 View Post
timecop do you have your own thread made? maybe post schematics and stuff . i want to make/build one!

that's how kk boards started right?
http://www.skanowanie.com.pl/4yeo/quadcontrollerv4.jpg

FF schematic is in first post
Old Feb 15, 2012, 01:54 AM
Enjoying the sunshine
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2011
3,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spytebyte View Post
I have read so many projects and threads that I don't know which way is up all though the FF board seems like the obvious choice this project. Where can I get some simple specs and materials list? I'm in the US, not crazy about china orders and would like some support if need be. Thanks for the help and sorry for inappropriate forum.
I think the KK type boards would have to be the simplest and cheapest. Circuits readily available on the many KK threads
HappySundays is online now Find More Posts by HappySundays
Old Feb 15, 2012, 02:20 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappySundays View Post
I think the KK type boards would have to be the simplest and cheapest. Circuits readily available on the many KK threads
agreed, can't beat kk for stupid easy for diy.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 10:29 AM
Registered MisUser
Bristol UK
Joined Oct 2009
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
Agreed, even i built one and im electronicaly dyslexic, and it worked first time
whiteturbo is offline Find More Posts by whiteturbo
Old Feb 15, 2012, 10:35 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,703 Posts
Tom
Yep a buzzer on a flight controller with an IMU is a lousy idea. That and it points straight up which is not optimum on a multicopter. It is an easy soldering fix. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1247 The buzzer is adequate but it is about half as loud as this one: http://www.quadroufo.com/product_inf...adf49der4ga1d5. So if you are planning on flying it so far away that it becomes a dot in the sky you might want to consider it because it is LOUD. I use them on my other builds.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Thank you! That may work for me, depending the volume level and other ambient and motor noise outdoors.
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Feb 15, 2012, 11:10 AM
Joined Oct 2011
364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
He mentioned "yet possible and leave them some freedom on design". could be FF board? LOL.
man1024 is offline Find More Posts by man1024
Old Feb 15, 2012, 02:31 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Tom
Yep a buzzer on a flight controller with an IMU is a lousy idea. That and it points straight up which is not optimum on a multicopter. It is an easy soldering fix. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1247 The buzzer is adequate but it is about half as loud as this one: http://www.quadroufo.com/product_inf...adf49der4ga1d5. So if you are planning on flying it so far away that it becomes a dot in the sky you might want to consider it because it is LOUD. I use them on my other builds.
Cheers,
Jim
Thanks for the links, Jim. The louder buzzer would be good if it were a lower frequency. My hearing drops off rapidly over 1000 Hz. I put a "louder" 2700Hz alarm beeper in my TX, and can barely hear it (it's highly directional as well). I'm thinking maybe a very bright LED (or several, one on each arm) might be a better solution, even in daylight?
Old Feb 15, 2012, 03:08 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,703 Posts
Hi Tom,
I flew jets in the USAF for over 6K hours, so my hearing is not the greatest either, but I can hear this one When I test my multicopters in the house, I have to put tape over the that buzzer or my family complains. Bright LED's work for some too if the sun is behind you. Conservative timing on your Tx and voltage readout via data-link and/or OSD are the best for keeping track of the remaining power. Always allow a 2 minute reserve for landing, or land as soon as you hear the buzzer. Pushing the battery reserve is probably one of the most frequent causes for most Gents multicopter crashes. That and not setting the ESC's to NiMh and low or no cutoff get the predictable bad results.
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Thanks for the links, Jim. The louder buzzer would be good if it were a lower frequency. My hearing drops off rapidly over 1000 Hz. I put a "louder" 2700Hz alarm beeper in my TX, and can barely hear it (it's highly directional as well). I'm thinking maybe a very bright LED (or several, one on each arm) might be a better solution, even in daylight?
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Last edited by jesolins; Feb 15, 2012 at 03:15 PM.