SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 19, 2011, 12:34 AM
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
6,763 Posts
Discussion
Hyperion Enigma

Have you guys seen this?

Hyperion Enigma 3D with Thrust Vectoring (1 min 58 sec)
TripleW is offline Find More Posts by TripleW
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2011, 02:54 AM
Cosa Nostra EXP
Desio (MB - Italy)
Joined Apr 2007
325 Posts
Never seen before...

Super tight turns!!! WOW!
Exsocio is offline Find More Posts by Exsocio
Old Mar 19, 2011, 03:24 AM
USA, VA, Newport News
Joined Jan 2010
1,517 Posts
Hopefully Pickle will chime in with a build on it. Mine should be here in a few days and Ill post pics. Im going with some cheapo metal gear 9Gram servos from Hobbypartz, a 30A ESC, and a 3S 1100 40C Sky Lipo. I only ordered 1 pack to see how it feels. If I can get 7 minutes out of an 800mah, Id rather go that route.

I looked around and couldnt find specs on the motor. I was trying to see if it could handle 4S.
Cabledawg1 is offline Find More Posts by Cabledawg1
Old Mar 19, 2011, 03:55 AM
R/C Airplane Executioner
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
1,938 Posts
It was designed around the Enigma -- essentially a half way between ZS2213-18 and ZS3007B-24. Best performance is on an 11x3.8 SF prop and 1100 3S 35C. Only place I stress you don't cheap out on is the TV servo -- very crucial area. I'll work on getting a new video out next week
maiden-crash is offline Find More Posts by maiden-crash
Old Mar 19, 2011, 12:09 PM
USA, VA, Newport News
Joined Jan 2010
1,517 Posts
Im going to be running a seperate BEC and all servos on 6V. Ive got a
HS-65MG I could put on the TV. It weighs 12 grams though. Is there a way to tell what it really needs as far as torque?
Cabledawg1 is offline Find More Posts by Cabledawg1
Old Mar 19, 2011, 06:38 PM
R/C Airplane Executioner
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
1,938 Posts
MGs with 2 Kilo + torque are plenty -- 65MG will do well I think, although I've tested on with DS09AMD. Seperate BEC is a good idea, especially on cheaper servos that draw more current. Good luck Make sure you seal the hinge gaps and give plenty of expo to the rudder, you'll find it especially useful in hovers.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 12:55 AM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,029 Posts
Cool! looks like a blast to fly.
gewiens is offline Find More Posts by gewiens
Old Mar 20, 2011, 03:17 AM
United States, AZ, Apache Junction
Joined Sep 2002
268 Posts
We just got these in stock on Friday and they are really well done. Still haven't decided if I like the Blue or Red one better. Can't wait to get ours up and flying!

http://www.allerc.com/advanced_searc...eywords=enigma
ALL e RC is offline Find More Posts by ALL e RC
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 20, 2011, 08:11 AM
I like the violent stuff!
Costa Mesa, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,220 Posts
Looks interesting. Dimensions look "off." Look at lenght and wing area.
Wingin' Wayne is offline Find More Posts by Wingin' Wayne
Old Mar 20, 2011, 09:29 AM
*It Ain't Lookin Good*
Evansville IN
Joined Aug 2004
1,144 Posts
I've been looking at this plane. Very good price for a full body plane and motor. Anyone have pics of their motor mount plate setup for the TV?
olezippi is offline Find More Posts by olezippi
Last edited by olezippi; Mar 20, 2011 at 10:00 AM.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 09:44 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2 Posts
Hyperion Enigma in Malaysia

Already maidened her last weekend. She flies sweet...very very stable slow fly characteristics...true knife edge with rudder input and just a tad of elevator. Prop hang is superb....flies like a dream.....inverted with no elevator inputs...that is with proper cg management...had problems with the stock supplied ZS 2216-14. it does not match well with the dualsky 30A V2 esc that i have. Maybe it needs to match back with its own hyperion 25A esc,

maidened with: 1300mah hyperion 3 cell 35C
APC 10 X 4.7 SF Prop
Dualsky 30A V2 esc high timming selected

poor power output

Tried with a APC 11 X 5.5 SF still poor

Tried with a APC 9 X 7 SF a bit better acceleration but
still poor.

Re-maidened her today with a dualsky XM 2834 CA-6 motor

Prop 10 X 4.7 APC SF......perfect....she comes alive......
good handling and character

Tested 11 X 5.5 APC SF...the best results so far....

also tested her with a 2200 mah 45C Dualsky pack
a bit on the heavy side...worried for the stress on the elevator
stab...so did so light manuvers.

best results achieved with the 1300 mah pack.

Overall its a must have for 2011.....My first was set up for fixed or dead mount. The second will be with trust vectoring......Now half way with the build. I got 3 of these and no regrets.....Simply the best compared to the rest. Superb overall character.....
danialmy is offline Find More Posts by danialmy
Old Mar 20, 2011, 05:58 PM
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
6,763 Posts
How long are your flight with a 1300 pack?
TripleW is offline Find More Posts by TripleW
Old Mar 20, 2011, 09:06 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2 Posts
flight time

Hi.... with a 1300mah pack 35C with the 10 X 4.7APC SF prop...about 3 mins on the aggresive throttle management till the remaining voltage reaches 3.65v or so. With the 2200mah pack 45C with the same prop...about 4.30mins again on the aggresive throttle managrment till remaining voltage reaches 3.79v or so...
I suppose you could get slightly better flight times if you dare fly till the remaining voltage reaches 3.4v or so... The plane is equally agile with the 2200mah pack but my only worry is the stress factor on the tail stab as it was designed for the 1100mah hyperion pack in mind. Strength of the tail stab is almost the same as the PA Addiction...however the PA Addiction was designed
for the 1800mah pack in mind...i suppose we'll have to find a in between compromise for the prefered battery pack. I am still experimenting with the proper battery pack to suite my personal flying preference as well as the ideal prop size to go with the flying in relation to better flight times.... love the design of the wing airfoil in particular......simply superb. Excellent slow flying character.... as well as high alpha charcter....This plane is the best for us so far...The ultimate for high alpha 3D.... Go on get yourself one....no regrets........
danialmy is offline Find More Posts by danialmy
Old Mar 22, 2011, 02:28 AM
R/C Airplane Executioner
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
1,938 Posts
One of the big design considerations were cost. That's why the model is built around 1100 3S batts which can be picked up for as low as 10 bucks in some places. 9 gram servos, 30 amp speedo -- stuff you can pull from 40 " 3D foamies. The model is 99 bucks with a 50 dollar motor included, high quality hardware (CF gears legs, CF in fuse, wings, high Q fiberglass parts) and two different motor mounts depending on whether you want a fixed motor or thrust vectoring. It's meant to be accessible to almost anyone in the hobby.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 11:12 PM
God is my pilot
United States, MI, Kalamazoo Township
Joined Aug 2006
2,430 Posts
Hmmmmmm.....any more pictures?
JimTMich is offline Find More Posts by JimTMich