HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 13, 2003, 03:17 PM
Ohio Wapak
Joined Feb 2002
3,710 Posts
Which GWS plane is better??

Zero, Me-109,P51-D, and I think the spitfire is not out yet if it is include that one:
Out of these planes which one can I take my hs 81 servos (and hitec 555 receiver and Razor brushless motor) and put it in the plane and have it wor? If no to all then which plane can I do that with that is a GWS plane.......or one you recomend doing it to....someone said I can do it with a sport dandy.....It is just my slow stick has these in it and I would think I could put all the stuff in one of these planes......anyone know..thanks!!!
Bill
thor4944 is offline Find More Posts by thor4944
to remove ads between posts
Old May 13, 2003, 03:20 PM
Lookin' Good. Real Good.
London, Canada
Joined Aug 2002
3,979 Posts
All of those planes are pretty well the same construction. I don't know how much thrust your Razor has but it should exceed the planes weight. THe HS-81's might be too heavy but the Razor should over come that. The 555 will work, just remove the case if you havent done so already.

Cam
larsy87 is offline Find More Posts by larsy87
Old May 13, 2003, 03:49 PM
Tight is Right
Lehi, Utah, United States
Joined Dec 2001
7,692 Posts
Hi Bill,

There are at least 10 very long and detailed GWS P-51 vs Zero threads out there. The Me-109 and Spitfire don't have enough data yet to compare.

Do a search and have fun!
Melf
Darren Hintze is offline Find More Posts by Darren Hintze
Old May 13, 2003, 04:15 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2003
161 Posts
I saw a very powerful GWS zero, mega 4 turn, 2.4 GB, 10x7APC, 10x1000He and it used 1 HS 81 servo for ailerons, 2 GWS naro servos for rudder and elevator. It does high G pull up, extreme aerobatics w/o a single problem. To date, the Zero is the choice among those GWS WW II warbirds.

I just started the fire
therookie is offline Find More Posts by therookie
Old May 13, 2003, 04:34 PM
Joined Jun 2002
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by therookie
I saw a very powerful GWS zero, mega 4 turn, 2.4 GB, . . .
WOW! Whether that's 2.4 GB of RAM or it's a hard drive of sorts, it's still quite impressive for a GWS plane!
rian.mullins is offline Find More Posts by rian.mullins
Old May 13, 2003, 04:39 PM
Go Forward, but Remember
Pawling NY
Joined Oct 2002
944 Posts
GB = gearbox?
reills is offline Find More Posts by reills
Old May 13, 2003, 05:00 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2003
161 Posts
this is the ezone, so sorry... I assumed anything we said here is related to RC flying. Therefore, GB means gearbox and Something of a hard drive does not make sense here in ezone
Please go to www.overclockers.com to have that meaning for GB instead.
therookie is offline Find More Posts by therookie
Old May 13, 2003, 06:45 PM
Ohio Wapak
Joined Feb 2002
3,710 Posts
Ok I guess a better question is what plane do you guys recomend that uses:
2 hs 81 servos
400 Razor brushless motor
555 receiver
...You can just point me in the right direction and I can look..everyone is saying the 81 servos are to heavy for the gws planes..that is fine..the best advice I got so far was to get a sports dandy....
Nice plane
Old May 13, 2003, 06:51 PM
Tight is Right
Joined Dec 2001
7,692 Posts
The HS-81's should be fine if you're going brushless anyway. You will have to be creative about mounting them, but the weight shouldn't hurt much with the extra power.

Bill, if you read the MANY threads dealing with the question you asked you'll find the answer is these Airplanes are very similar and it's a matter of personal choice.

There is no "better" plane in all areas. The Zero has slightly better stability characteristics (in general, with documented exceptions). The Mustang is more aerobatic (in general, with documented exceptions). One would expect that since stability and maneuverability are generally design trade-offs.

But I repeat the difference is not earthshattering. It's slight. Both are good planes. Both fly relatively stable for warbirds. Both can do simple aerobatics.

Appearance is probably a bigger difference than anything else. So which do you like better?

Melf
Old May 13, 2003, 06:57 PM
29 rods from you in western WI
Joined Jan 2003
4,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Melfsmite
Appearance is probably a bigger difference than anything else. So which do you like better?
I want the Corsair, a pair of Zeke's rotating retracts, and a combat system. And a dead rat with a string to swing it...
Karl Bē is offline Find More Posts by Karl Bē
Old May 13, 2003, 07:41 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Kinnic^2
I want the Corsair, ...
See this thread: R/C Groups Discussion > Airplanes - Electric > Parkflyers > GWS F4U test fly Vedio
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...&highlight=F4U

Vedio quality may be not so great, but GWS F4U flew great!
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Old May 13, 2003, 09:30 PM
Ohio Wapak
Joined Feb 2002
3,710 Posts
Melf thanks...man I wish I could take a class or a course or even read a book on brushless motors...thanks
Bill
Old May 14, 2003, 12:58 AM
Tight is Right
Joined Dec 2001
7,692 Posts
Class is in session Bill...

Just fire away and ask. There's a lot to brushless motors. Everyone has a favorite. Almost none are a mistake. Frankly, the Razors are making choices in the "parkflyer" class rather simple for the time being. There are some cases another motor fits better, but that line is very hard to beat.

This from a Astro and MiniAC owner.

Melf
Old May 14, 2003, 07:35 AM
Ohio Wapak
Joined Feb 2002
3,710 Posts
How long has ther razor been out...Here is what I know about motors:
Astro 010, 020 = good motors..not top of the line but good for the price
Hacker...= way out of my price range..I dont know why and I dont care to know because of the price......
Razor = great motor for the price and very very light......
* THis is the one I think I am getting a 400 with a c box gear box.....
This is where things get kinda confusing......the gearbox.....someone said it is liike a 10 speed bike.....the closer the gear gets to a 1 to 1 ratio the more like direct drive it is...and if it is 15 : 1 then that is like 10th speed...have to get it going....then I say wait...why dont everyone want 10th speed so you can get a lot of speed....you just have to get going.....and the pick up is not the greatest.....
Then the other confusion is the prop size...the bigger the prop the less turns it has to go to get the plane off the ground...so then I say why dont I buy a HUGE prop so it flys and you dont have to use that many amps to get the plane in the air...so what I am looking at is a huge gear box (why would anyone want anything but that) and a HUGE prop.......YOu see my thinking......
Old May 14, 2003, 08:51 AM
Orlando
Joined Jan 2003
584 Posts
Kinnic^2.

A dead rat and a string to swing it with...??!! Is that from a movie? I love obscure references, but can't place that one.

Also- don't forget MiniAC. It's leaps and bounds better that the Astro 010. The Astro is sealed, which is something most people never talk about I think that sealed heat is one of it's problems, but it also keeps dirt out when landing/crashing/etc. The mini AC is a great motor, but I've read the razor is slightly more efficient.

Steve
RacerX is offline Find More Posts by RacerX