HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 03, 2005, 04:04 AM
Joined Feb 2005
40 Posts
I do have another BR here with me, i was going to use that as a base for everything else, but i seem to have cut a wire for one of the motors, so i could just use that board?
if so i could get my dad to do it all, with himself saying he's the best at everything, might as well let him have a go at it,
and you never know, he might do it.. maybe i'll ask him if he can add my led's to it too
twitt is offline Find More Posts by twitt
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 03, 2005, 01:04 PM
4000 posts?!
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2005
4,047 Posts
yeah you could use the other board and swap it out with the burnt one, and then get your dad to solder everything! :P as for the led's, there's a few threads around here and in the micro/indoor forum about people who's put led's on their br's, it looks pretty good.
micro_builder is offline Find More Posts by micro_builder
Old Apr 03, 2005, 01:11 PM
Joined Feb 2005
40 Posts
Sweet, how many led's do you think it could handle? in terms of weight and battery?
would i possbly have to get a really really small battery for them, like a watch battery? or could they run straight off the main one(s)?
sorry for all the questions, im just trying to learn
Old Apr 03, 2005, 01:28 PM
Joined Jan 2003
155 Posts
Twitt, sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience. I have to say I admire your experimental spirit! Send me your address if you want me to have a board removed from a customer-returned BR and sent to you. But, of course you will have to install and solder it in. And, I guess I should say that this will void your warranty
Fotta is offline Find More Posts by Fotta
Old Apr 03, 2005, 01:33 PM
Joined Feb 2005
40 Posts
Thanks Fotta, i do already have a spare board in my other BR though, so i'll just remove that board instead for now, isnt the warrenty already voided though? for trying to solder in another battery, and burning out the board in the process?
Old Apr 03, 2005, 03:06 PM
Joined Jan 2003
155 Posts
okay and yeah, the warranty has been voided, for sure...
Fotta is offline Find More Posts by Fotta
Old Apr 03, 2005, 03:08 PM
Joined Feb 2005
40 Posts
Thought so
any other tips or a diagram of where all the wires go on the board?
and possibly a bit of info on how good the next gen BR is going to be
Old Apr 03, 2005, 04:49 PM
4000 posts?!
Joined Jan 2005
4,047 Posts
twitt, try doing a search for the LEDs, i know a few people have done it, its just a matter of finding it. you can also post a new thread in the micro/indoor plane forum asking about it, i'm sure someone there has some info. good luck!
Old Apr 04, 2005, 05:48 PM
Bladerunner Nut
Louisville, Kentucky USA
Joined Dec 2004
106 Posts
Twitt, it sounds like you're one of those people who just can't leave something alone without taking it apart and tweeking the pieces. If that's the case you are really going to love the BR! You asked about LED mods. You can power them directly from the BR's battery if you use a curent limiting resistor. The drain on the battery is so small that it shouldn't make a dent in your flight time. I would suggest that you use the smallest size leds you can find as WEIGHT is a major factor. Annother hint.. you can grind off a bit of the resin housing to make them smaller/lighter. Another bonus to the led mod is that if you make the connections to the battery and the tx board after the on/off switch, you will have a light to remind you to turn off the BR when you are done. Here are some liks to what i've done.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321311
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319714

Enjoy and keep on tinkering!

JOhn
jtyson is offline Find More Posts by jtyson
Old Apr 05, 2005, 05:03 AM
Joined Feb 2005
40 Posts
I actually just bought 10x3mm leds with resistors, and 50x5mm leds with resistors, so instead of the extra weight i added at the front, i could use two 5mm leds eh, and then the 3mm leds at the back.

thanks
Old Apr 05, 2005, 01:54 PM
4000 posts?!
Joined Jan 2005
4,047 Posts
make sure you take some pics of your LED br!
Old Apr 05, 2005, 02:02 PM
Joined Feb 2005
40 Posts
I'll make sure i do :P may be a bit difficult while im flying it at the same time though....
Old Jul 10, 2014, 09:54 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Aug 2013
290 Posts
After 9 years I'm guessing you never did take those pics, haha
skytek is offline Find More Posts by skytek