SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:59 PM
Joined Feb 2012
7 Posts
Discussion
Help!!!! any help with TT FM-1e would be awesome

I don't know if its me and my buddy or the bikes but we can't get our bikes to go they will go a couple feet and fall over every time are we doing something wrong or do we just suck . These are our first bikes
JUGGIN is offline Find More Posts by JUGGIN
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:23 PM
Bruce
Palmdale, CA
Joined Sep 2005
2,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUGGIN View Post
I don't know if its me and my buddy or the bikes but we can't get our bikes to go they will go a couple feet and fall over every time are we doing something wrong or do we just suck . These are our first bikes
Do you have it set up with counter steering? That is, when you turn the transmitter to the right the bikes front wheel turns to the left.

Bruce
slawsonb is offline Find More Posts by slawsonb
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:48 PM
Joined Feb 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slawsonb View Post
Do you have it set up with counter steering? That is, when you turn the transmitter to the right the bikes front wheel turns to the left.

Bruce
no sir I do not
Do I want counter steering?
Old Jan 29, 2013, 02:32 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
656 Posts
Yes, you do want countersteering
Otherwise it will not work.

The steering springs should be on the loose side for beginning, to allow the fork to go straight by itself. You can always tighten them up once you feel the steering is too slow.
Gartenzwerg is offline Find More Posts by Gartenzwerg
Old Jan 29, 2013, 02:45 AM
United Kingdom, England, Ware
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
Quote:
no sir I do not
Do I want counter steering?
Excellent artical at the bottom of this page covering counter steering

http://www.rcdirtbikeaction.com/category/garage/tips/

Sometimes these bikes need a good push to get some forward movement and the gyro effect takes over helping to keep them rubber side down

Cheers Jim
Jimob23 is offline Find More Posts by Jimob23
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:56 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,303 Posts
A common problem with FM1e is the kit tires... they are useless!
Try PMT200s, no matter what the insert is (soft hard, yellow or grey), and you will see the bikes go by themselves (after you correct the countersteering of course!)
Make sure you ADD inserts on both tires and glue them as well as possible (read: with patience, one side per time. You will find some gluing tips if you search here).
Then you will begin to enjoy them.
I had mine out a few days ago with a 17.5T motor and it was awesome!
Later you may want to replace the wire scratchbars with nylon... it doesnt catch on the asphalt so easily, but it slides, helping you start the bike from the scratchbar...
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:56 AM
Joined Feb 2012
7 Posts
Thanks guys, i will try it out today
I am big into rc this is just my first bike
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:05 AM
Hackettstown, New Jersey
Joined Feb 2008
737 Posts
The first upgrade I made to my bike even before I ever ran it was to ditch the stock tires and put on a set of GRP bike tires. Then the steering mod to a shock instead of the junk that was one there. Countersteering is a must, just like a real bike, then learn to drive it. Its not easy at first, but a large open area and practice you will be ripping up the ground in no time..
the stock motor leaves alot to be desired as well.. I went brushless and never looked back but a good mod brushed motor will be fine.
cenracer1 is offline Find More Posts by cenracer1
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:25 PM
Joined Feb 2012
7 Posts
I have a carbon fiber chassis some treaded tires (don't know what brand it has a brushed motor in it for now (after I learn how to drive it Brush less will go in)I have a tiny light weight speedo micro receiver I also have a Integy shock on the way

I am also gonna make a stretched swing arm to give it a drag bike look
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:47 PM
Hackettstown, New Jersey
Joined Feb 2008
737 Posts
unless you plan on racing, you may want to stay away from the cf chassis. I have one i've never used and I run the stock aluminum one. The CF doesn't handle crashing well and being a new driver, that includes you and me a few years ago. Some of the guys on here have many many years of experience and really know what they are talking about. not so much me.. LOL
Old Jan 29, 2013, 02:09 PM
Joined Feb 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cenracer1 View Post
unless you plan on racing, you may want to stay away from the cf chassis. I have one i've never used and I run the stock aluminum one. The CF doesn't handle crashing well and being a new driver, that includes you and me a few years ago. Some of the guys on here have many many years of experience and really know what they are talking about. not so much me.. LOL
The only reason I have the CF chassis is because it came on it when I bought it
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:18 PM
Joined Feb 2012
7 Posts
Well i did everything I was told and now I am riding/driving, the motor in it is a 27T brushed motor and its not very fast so that is my next upgrade after a lil practice I also made some longer scratchbars but it doesn't want to turn as good so the short ones will go back on
Thanks Guys, Ricky
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:29 PM
Hackettstown, New Jersey
Joined Feb 2008
737 Posts
Quote:
The only reason I have the CF chassis is because it came on it when I bought it
I figured that was the case. you can get the chassis from 2wheelhobbies or ebay.. there are a few places for them.

Good to see your getting the hang of it. R/c bikes next to flying helicopters are the toughest thing in r/c, but so worth it.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:05 PM
Joined Feb 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cenracer1 View Post
I figured that was the case. you can get the chassis from 2wheelhobbies or ebay.. there are a few places for them.

Good to see your getting the hang of it. R/c bikes next to flying helicopters are the toughest thing in r/c, but so worth it.
I used to have a couple helicopters and planes
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:14 PM
Hackettstown, New Jersey
Joined Feb 2008
737 Posts
So did I, but I cut down the airplane and helicopter collection drastically. Just don't have the time like I used to for them. Ground r/c is easier to deal with when time is short. I still have a few of each, but not like I used to.