SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 20, 2012, 04:05 AM
Joined May 2011
656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavezz2k View Post
Thnx ! - Again kudos to your cool work. Considering you know the firmware incredibly well, would it be possible to 'flip' the state of the throttle stick (while hold) to a trim 5 & 6 channel and temporarily map the pots to channel? Meanwhile slow cam moves will be fine, my new 5.8 link is on a slow boat & not here yet.
No. Better to consider the DEVO 10. It has two pots (and two more channels) while it is cheaper. You only loose the color touch screen...
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2012, 05:06 AM
Joined Nov 2005
38 Posts
I want to buy one of devo 8s, and I am worried about two things.
First one is outdoor visibility. I read many reviews, but I have no choice.
I just want to have a radio with color LCD.

Second problem is a battery.
Some users are saying that they could flow only 4 or 5 times with new nimh battery.
I tried to find an operating time with turnigy lsd battery but i cannot.

Would you let me know how much time I operate a devo 8s with turnigy lsd battery?
harmony is offline Find More Posts by harmony
Old Sep 17, 2012, 05:25 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,971 Posts
Batteries are not really an issue so much... just have a 2nd set or a couple of TX LiPo packs.

For visibility, you can see it, just not as easily as Devo 10 but you do have the community libraries by _FDR and others which improve visibility or you can create your own.
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Sep 17, 2012, 07:09 AM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
I don't know to say how long my TX batteries last, but at least 20-30 packs thru the model, I'd say. I've also left mine on all morning long at the field, and it didn't seem to care. I'm using the nimh AA's from Hobby King.

As for lipos, I'd recommend staying away from them, at least for this TX. I experienced a shutdown 'loop', where the TX would not turn off without unplugging the battery. I'm not the first to experience this, and going back to a lower voltage pack did the trick.

Rafa

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmony View Post

Some users are saying that they could flow only 4 or 5 times with new nimh battery.

Would you let me know how much time I operate a devo 8s with turnigy lsd battery?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
Batteries are not really an issue so much... just have a 2nd set or a couple of TX LiPo packs.

For visibility, you can see it, just not as easily as Devo 10 but you do have the community libraries by _FDR and others which improve visibility or you can create your own.
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Sep 17, 2012, 07:12 AM
Kingdom of Sweden, Västra Götaland County, Lindome
Joined Jul 2011
195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmony View Post

I have tried with life 2100mah and with full transmit power and backlight without diming I can run the TX for 5hours.
The 2100 is to big for TX but there is a 1700mah that will fit.
Palle_Plutt is offline Find More Posts by Palle_Plutt
Old Jul 20, 2013, 07:50 PM
Mexico, BC, Ensenada Municipality
Joined Feb 2013
333 Posts
How to setup the RX2419-D

Hello,
I have Lama 400D helicopter with Receiver RX2419, but I bought the RX2419-D to use with my Devo 8s receiver.
I have a problem because the RX2419 has different pins than the 2419-d. I cannot find a way to use it.
Can you help me out?
Thank you,
Helifan Ensenada is offline Find More Posts by Helifan Ensenada
Old Jul 21, 2013, 10:15 AM
...if you take the time
Israel, Tel Aviv
Joined Jul 2012
212 Posts
How to adjust the sticks tention? The screw on the back only affects the throttle.
Thanks
PurpleShark is offline Find More Posts by PurpleShark
Old Mar 09, 2014, 02:15 PM
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Feb 2013
337 Posts
Aux Channel on a RX802

Wonder if any can tell my the Aux 2 on the RX802 rx will not work with any switch mapping. I can a sign Aux 3 to any switch I want, but Aux 2 is will not work with any switch I try setting it to.

And also on the 6 channel RX has 1 Aux label Aux 1 I have a Devo 8s radio and this is no Aux 1 in the radio what I have not tried is just play with the two Aux to see if Aux 1 will work.

These are suppose to 6 and 8 channel rx but I can the Aux channel.

Anyone tried using the Aux 2 on the RX802 receiver and have gotten it to work?

Thanks
SmokeNGun is offline Find More Posts by SmokeNGun