SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 02, 2012, 07:48 PM
Joined Feb 2012
3 Posts
I'm a new user and have some questions why my rpm isn't reading with my elogger V4. I am using this for a dyno for brushless car motors. I have both the brushless and magnetic sensor and no luck. I am using the power panel. My whole objective was to use the power panel mostly that's why I bought it. Tech support is closed on Thursday?
Dynoman is offline Find More Posts by Dynoman
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2012, 12:49 PM
Joined Feb 2012
3 Posts
Anybody out there that can help? Eagle Tree has 2 voicemails, 3 emails and this forum. No response. I am needing to get this up and working so I am asking anybody here who has used this item. I keep hearing about the great technical help that Eagle Tree offers.
Dynoman is offline Find More Posts by Dynoman
Old Feb 04, 2012, 12:57 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,935 Posts
Hi Dynoman, sorry to hear about your issue.

Here are a few questions:

1) is it possible the RPM plug is not corrected in the right place? It should be connected to the outermost 3 pin connector on the eLogger.
2) It sounds like the RPM data is not showing up on the LCD for some reason. But, is RPM data logged correctly? Note that you will have to select RPM to be logged in "Hardware, Choose Parameters to log in recorder." for this to work.
3) Have you configured the RPM sensor under "Calibrations/Calibrate Motor RPM?"
4) I don't think this is the problem, but if none of the above helps, can you select the flight profile rather than the car profile, under "Software, Set Model Type" and then configure RPM on the LCD again?
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 05, 2012, 03:20 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
4,363 Posts
All I want is to hook up a GPS and V4 elogger...I will be running 8S and 12S configurations...will I need a back up power source for these compents?? These two compnents should give me battery readings, air-speed, altitude and GPS settings??
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK
Old Feb 06, 2012, 02:40 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,935 Posts
Zacattack, I don't believe you will need the backup for that scenario. However, if you find that logging drops out occasionally, or the pack voltage readings start fluctuating, the backup harness should solve it.

Yes, the GPS will provide you with ground speed (not airspeed) as well as the other parameters you list.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 09, 2012, 07:10 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1 Posts
Does the eLogger V4 and Airspeed MicrosensorTM V3 support live airspeed readout to the PowerPanel LCD?
snorider14 is offline Find More Posts by snorider14
Old Feb 10, 2012, 07:08 AM
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Aug 2002
322 Posts
Bill, can you clarify your comment about 8 and 12S above!
If he is getting battery readings eg; volts and amps you don't need back up power. That would mean the logger and GPS can take 48 volts????

Back up harness or log th. with the supplied cable per the V4 instructions??
JIM CALDWELLA is online now Find More Posts by JIM CALDWELLA
Old Feb 16, 2012, 02:38 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,935 Posts
Hi Jim,

The eLogger V4 is rated to 80V. The GPS is powered via the eLogger's internal regulator, or with the backup harness, which should connect to a 5V-6V source if needed.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 17, 2012, 08:40 AM
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Aug 2002
322 Posts
Thanks Bill!
JIM CALDWELLA is online now Find More Posts by JIM CALDWELLA
Old Feb 23, 2012, 08:50 PM
But often down to earth
Oklahoma, USA
Joined Sep 2010
736 Posts
Bill,

Is there a way to get the points type kmz file from the elogger? Like this one.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=8227

Steve
Floater73 is offline Find More Posts by Floater73
Old Feb 24, 2012, 12:28 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,935 Posts
Steve, I sent that file link to our windows dev to have a look at!
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 24, 2012, 01:12 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
4,363 Posts
E-Logger and GPS

I'm new to this e-logger...what I cannot understand is that the e-logger is connected to an 8S system pumping 22.2 v. Why in the world would I need a back-up power source for a scenario like that?? I just dont get it??
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:27 PM
But often down to earth
Oklahoma, USA
Joined Sep 2010
736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACATTACK View Post
I'm new to this e-logger...what I cannot understand is that the e-logger is connected to an 8S system pumping 22.2 v. Why in the world would I need a back-up power source for a scenario like that?? I just dont get it??
There is a voltage regulator on the elogger that supplies 5v to the Eagletree devices. The elogger V3 regulator can become overloaded and needs the additional input of 5v from the flight system to provide more current. The elogger V4 provides more current and usually doesn't need the back-up power.

Steve
Floater73 is offline Find More Posts by Floater73
Old Feb 26, 2012, 03:10 AM
Latvija, Ventspils
Joined Apr 2011
122 Posts
Looks like I have some problem with elogger v4. It stopped to work with Usb, still OSD menu and all works, but it does't react when I plug in USB cable, just go straight in recording mode (one flash). Is there any way to reset device through osd menu ? As it looks like stopped work after I try to get used with osd menu from radio and exactly can't say what I turned on or off in menu. Also tried the normal usb cable, same result, computer even don't detect any device at all.
I hope it isn't broke as I have it only for two days.
My only thought is that it stays in some process, which is higher priority than usb connection. Firmware is 1.15.

I'm not novice and have plenty experience with other autopilots and also in electronics.

Edit: osd information now also don't show up, I can use osd menu, but that's all.
Vilniz is offline Find More Posts by Vilniz
Last edited by Vilniz; Feb 26, 2012 at 03:50 AM.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 09:58 PM
Fret for your pilot...
Phoenix
Joined Apr 2006
377 Posts
soooooo...is there any reason the V3 software can't be upgraded to work with the Seagull Telemetry transmitter? The programming can't be that far off. Some of us have multiple V3's who don't want to "start all over." Maybe even charge a small "upgrade fee"?
outkast1779 is offline Find More Posts by outkast1779