HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 22, 2014, 02:19 PM
Mickey from Orlando. Really.
Joined Nov 2004
3,433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkski View Post
It seems stupid to toss out a : 45? .
Yes it was. The example was to show how the task is scored given the presence of non-perfect flights, not a strategy guide for winning the task. No one argues about the perfect flight times, but they argue about the "corner cases" where the description is vague, ambiguous or missing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkski View Post
Increasing ladder1 min, 1:30, 2:00, 2:30 and 3:00 , times under OK, time over doesn't count, pick score and move up, unlimited tosses.
You may know what your intent is here, but this short summary doesn't cover some of the things we sorted out via discussion, such as "can you skip a time and just take a zero", the answer being no, or can I choose to move up during my flight, the answer also being no.
The way you have it written I could say as I launch, I pick 0 for my 1 and then part way into the flight say "i pick 0 for my 1:30, this is my 2". Another case, at the buzzer you discover that your airplane is broken. You run get the backup, taking 45 seconds. You could again say, I take zero for my 1 minute based on what you have written, but the proposer has stated that you can't do that, you must actually make a flight for your 1 score before you move on.
You may have in your head that that's not the intent of the task, but if it's not written down there is nothing preventing you from doing it.
Writing clear rules is challenging, even if you agree on the intent.
I just tried to capture, without room for interpretation, exactly what jfinch wants his task to be.
mnowell129 is offline Find More Posts by mnowell129
Last edited by mnowell129; Oct 22, 2014 at 03:17 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 12:03 AM
Will work for lift...
Provo, Utah
Joined Jul 2004
776 Posts
Do any of you guys have a Spektrum DX4 or DX5 transmitter you want to sell by chance? My buddy is looking for one for a small bind-n-fly eflite plane.
Flying-Addict is online now Find More Posts by Flying-Addict
Old Today, 12:20 AM
United States, UT, Cedar Hills
Joined Dec 2000
199 Posts
I've seen some on ksl.

Coming Saturday?
clintc is offline Find More Posts by clintc
Old Today, 12:34 AM
Will work for lift...
Provo, Utah
Joined Jul 2004
776 Posts
I'm in for Saturday. He tried a couple on ksl and they get sold before he could get to them...they go fast it seems like.
Flying-Addict is online now Find More Posts by Flying-Addict
Old Today, 08:44 AM
United States, UT, Sandy
Joined May 2013
2,777 Posts
I picked up a dx4e plus ar400 for 35$ last year. I wanted one Alula on Sep tx.
elkski is offline Find More Posts by elkski
Old Today, 12:49 PM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Jan 2014
79 Posts
almost finished my next woodie mimi 100 grams so far
saltcitytattoo is online now Find More Posts by saltcitytattoo