SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 27, 2015, 12:53 AM
Mexico, Tamaulipas, Tampico
Joined Jun 2014
1,123 Posts
Have two minis and one Genius V2....will pack one and one....
ChespiIker is online now Find More Posts by ChespiIker
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2015, 01:54 AM
Expert Heli Crasher
Joined Jan 2014
1,560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dteel View Post
Would like to enable the telemetry, don't know anyone flying using a Devo 10 with deviation firmware using telemetry. Would like to monitor my battery voltage as I fly.
I will figure it out one day if I have time. If you can find any Walkera model.ini that has telemetry working and send it to me, I probably can use that to figure out the rest.

-Florida Heli-
Florida Heli is offline Find More Posts by Florida Heli
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 02:30 AM
Mexico, Tamaulipas, Tampico
Joined Jun 2014
1,123 Posts
The telemetry on the Mini is for motor temp., easily enabled on a Devo 8s....but since it appears on the Tx screen, you either fly it or look at the screen....I prefer to use a laser temp. Reader after the heli lands....had it enabled on a 400 size wk. Quad....the works... with GPS module....height, speed, temp. Of all four motors....rpms on two motors...lat. And long.....but for lipo voltage, simple used the typical alarm that hooks up to other lipo connector on battery...
ChespiIker is online now Find More Posts by ChespiIker
Old Today, 10:11 AM
I failed to crash a heli once!
United States, CA, El Cajon
Joined Mar 2014
1,816 Posts
I thought that the Mini CP transmitted both the motor temp and battery voltage. If it monitors the battery voltage then you can set an alarm to go off when it reaches a certain point (3.3V is typical).

Enabling the telemetry and getting it to work is only the first step. I have thoughts down the road that I may wish to try some FPV and telemetry in FPV is more useful. Agree that having to look at the Tx eliminates a lot of the usefulness of having telemetry Chespilker but as you can see I'm looking beyond the immediate gain.

Trying to stick to baby steps, I can't think of a simpler telemetry system that that included in the Mini CP and Master CP. Not a lot of data, but enough to get my feet wet if you will.

It's just one more task that I have to work on. I'll post something in the deviation forum after I search around a bit.

FH, one way you might be able to assist without any useful data from me would be to think about how the display might be modified to show these two pieces of information. The current screen seems mighty crowded and I don't know where you could squeeze them in or if that is even possible.

-Dana-
dteel is online now Find More Posts by dteel
Old Today, 10:58 AM
Joined Sep 2012
334 Posts
Mini cp does have both voltage and temp telemetry, and I initially did have them trigger alarms - on my devo 12s though. But had to forgo them when I went brushless (had to disable lvc and can't really attach the thermistor on the outrunner bl motor). As a side note, the temp sensor can be used to monitor voltage if you calibrate a voltage divider in place of the thermistor if so desired.
soonglim is offline Find More Posts by soonglim
RCG Plus Member