Old Mar 28, 2016, 12:06 PM
Find More Posts by Razmo
United States, IL, Chgo
Joined Jul 2004
217 Posts
Discussion
Kyosho Turbo Optima Re-Release?

Hey Guys,

Loving the release of the re-release of the Optima, but wondered if anyone knows whether Kyosho intends to re-release the Turbo Optima version?

Thanks,

Raz
Razmo is offline Find More Posts by Razmo
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 28, 2016, 06:13 PM
Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Fan of just about anything RC
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
23,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razmo View Post
Hey Guys,

Loving the release of the re-release of the Optima, but wondered if anyone knows whether Kyosho intends to re-release the Turbo Optima version?

Thanks,

Raz

Considering how long Kyosho kept silent about the re-release of the Optima, only they will know if, and when more cars will be released. If someone from Kyosho would have inside info on this, and post on a public forum, before the official press release, he or she will likely be looking for a new job pretty soon...

So we can only speculate, I think there is a good chance, as like with the Scorpion, there are not that much things needed to make the Optima into the Turbo. Different shocks, different body, and a few more things. Main chassis can stay the same.

So while we can't be sure of a Turbo Optima re-re, we can speculate that it's a likely next step, if the Optima re-re will sell well enough.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 28, 2016, 08:39 PM
Find More Posts by IllusionX
Buggy in style
Canada, QC, Brossard
Joined May 2015
1,700 Posts
I can still dream of a turbo mid... Lol
IllusionX is online now Find More Posts by IllusionX
Old Mar 28, 2016, 09:59 PM
Find More Posts by Razmo
United States, IL, Chgo
Joined Jul 2004
217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
Considering how long Kyosho kept silent about the re-release of the Optima, only they will know if, and when more cars will be released. If someone from Kyosho would have inside info on this, and post on a public forum, before the official press release, he or she will likely be looking for a new job pretty soon...

So we can only speculate, I think there is a good chance, as like with the Scorpion, there are not that much things needed to make the Optima into the Turbo. Different shocks, different body, and a few more things. Main chassis can stay the same.

So while we can't be sure of a Turbo Optima re-re, we can speculate that it's a likely next step, if the Optima re-re will sell well enough.
Thanks. As a long time Kyosho customer, dating back to the 80's, the primary aim here was to target more interested parties for the Turbo Optima, such like myself. As you know, consumers will never be aware of whether a re-release is successful enough to the manufacturer to re-release another, even a varying model of the same. Expressing our interest in such should have the greatest impact versus opinion

Raz
Old Mar 29, 2016, 08:39 AM
Find More Posts by txt killer
Joined Apr 2008
2,306 Posts
It would be a real good jester if Kyosho would re -release the old kits again to get back the loyal customers the lost when they went rouge. Tamiya has been successful with their nostalgia series.
I like the older kits.
txt killer is offline Find More Posts by txt killer
Old Mar 29, 2016, 10:30 AM
Find More Posts by fastmax
RCP Me!
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Nov 2007
2,893 Posts
Kyosho has been re-releasing some of their classics for a few years now. I believe the trend will continue beyond the latest Optima re-re.
fastmax is online now Find More Posts by fastmax
Old Mar 29, 2016, 11:52 AM
Find More Posts by Razmo
United States, IL, Chgo
Joined Jul 2004
217 Posts
Same here, it's great to see our long time manufactures bring back upgraded versions of our past. Truly looking forward to building another Optima (refined with brushless) 30 years later .. I have one on pre-order.. Keep them coming Kyosho! Great work..

Same for Tamiya, their Wild One was my first R/C car back in the 80's, another awesome re-release I picked up at the time..

As much as I also admire Team Associated and the original RC10, I can't agree limiting their # of re-releases with a high price tag a good choice. Keep them coming at a modest price, keeping parts available and they will keep selling.

Raz