Old Jul 17, 2013, 03:09 PM
Find More Posts by P40flyer
It's only money & foam...
United States, OH, Cleve
Joined Jun 2012
1,703 Posts
Discussion
FMS P-40 800mm V2

It's here...... Just arrived today! Here's some first pics of the un boxing.... And then quick assembly. VERY NICE detail on this bird. And I love the 3 bladed prop! More to come after glued assembly.
P40flyer is offline Find More Posts by P40flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2013, 05:35 PM
Find More Posts by cherokee
United States, MO, Kingsville
Joined Nov 2001
1,699 Posts
That is a real good looking plane...I have the V1 and love it.
cherokee is offline Find More Posts by cherokee
Old Jul 17, 2013, 06:09 PM
Find More Posts by matiac
AMA 994002
United States, RI, Westerly
Joined May 2012
1,241 Posts
DO keep us informed as to it's performance! If it's anything like the V.2 P47, I MUST get one! That V.2 Jug is an absolute JOY to fly! Much better manners than the V.1 plane, so far I'm diggin' this second effort by FMS! Now they need a V.2 Hellcat, just picked up the V.1 kit, and put a V.1 motor/ESC in that to hopefully maiden tomorrow, but that P40 is most likely my next in the 800mm collection...
matiac is offline Find More Posts by matiac
Old Jul 17, 2013, 06:28 PM
Find More Posts by howinn
Plane crazy!
United States, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Jan 2010
16 Posts
P40Flyer,

Please let us know how she flies, post a video if you can. She looks great!

Thanks,

Alex
howinn is offline Find More Posts by howinn
Old Jul 17, 2013, 06:33 PM
Find More Posts by JohnnyCrash.NYC
Johnny Rabuse
Joined Aug 2011
469 Posts
wait a second ....it comes with a panda bear decal what happened to the "Hells Angel" squadron marking? wish the 800 mm planes came with retracts
JohnnyCrash.NYC is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyCrash.NYC
Old Jul 17, 2013, 09:19 PM
United States, OH, Cleve
Joined Jun 2012
1,703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCrash.NYC View Post
wait a second ....it comes with a panda bear decal what happened to the "Hells Angel" squadron marking? wish the 800 mm planes came with retracts
LOL! Yea... I laughed at the panda bear too when I first opened her up. I'm assuming its "authentic" as to the real warbird. Regardless... She has very nice details. Tomorrow I'll get her glued and balanced and hopefully give you all a positive review. And if I can get my camera girl to film some video of the maiden I will post ASAP.. Cheers!
Old Jul 17, 2013, 09:31 PM
United States, OH, Cleve
Joined Jun 2012
1,703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matiac View Post
DO keep us informed as to it's performance! If it's anything like the V.2 P47, I MUST get one! That V.2 Jug is an absolute JOY to fly! Much better manners than the V.1 plane, so far I'm diggin' this second effort by FMS! Now they need a V.2 Hellcat, just picked up the V.1 kit, and put a V.1 motor/ESC in that to hopefully maiden tomorrow, but that P40 is most likely my next in the 800mm collection...
I totally agree Matiac. My first V2 was the Ferocious Frankie P-51 and I will say, I love flyin her! Feels larger than a 800mm when in flight. No bad tendencies considering I run a 3s 1000 in her. Everything bone stock. Flies wonderful and looks awesome in the sky! I was looking at the "Balls Out" P-47 but opted for the P-40 instead. I have a 750mm Hun Hunter P-47 that has been a great go-to-anytime plane. She's got a lot of miles on her and still flies great. I'm sure I'll have the "balls out" version 2 before ya know it!
Old Jul 17, 2013, 10:33 PM
Find More Posts by ryramZ
Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,987 Posts
Speaking of...
FMS P-47 800mm by Motion RC (5 min 55 sec)
ryramZ is offline Find More Posts by ryramZ
Old Jul 18, 2013, 12:59 AM
United States, OH, Cleve
Joined Jun 2012
1,703 Posts
More temptation!! Funny how a video can kill your bank account. She looks and flies really nice!
Old Jul 18, 2013, 02:58 AM
Find More Posts by FLTRI
Der Schaum-Kriegsvogel Pilot
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jan 2013
1,942 Posts
That looks really nice!

It appears that the bumps where the gear mount should provide some protection for the prop on grass landings, when the gear is off. Is the prop solid where the blades meet the hub, like the ones on the V2 Mustang? I was very surprised how tough that four blade prop is. I only managed to break one when I had a really bad crash.

Can't wait to hear your flight review! Are you belly landing or using the gear?
FLTRI is online now Find More Posts by FLTRI
Old Jul 18, 2013, 08:04 AM
United States, OH, Cleve
Joined Jun 2012
1,703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLTRI View Post
That looks really nice!

It appears that the bumps where the gear mount should provide some protection for the prop on grass landings, when the gear is off. Is the prop solid where the blades meet the hub, like the ones on the V2 Mustang? I was very surprised how tough that four blade prop is. I only managed to break one when I had a really bad crash.

Can't wait to hear your flight review! Are you belly landing or using the gear?
The prop seems as good as the 4 blade on the P-51. I bought extra with my order "just in case" they turn out to be brittle but they actually feel pretty tuff. As for landing, I think I'll belly land her untill I get her dialed in. The gear humps will help I think like the drop tanks do on the P-51.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 08:48 AM
Find More Posts by matiac
AMA 994002
United States, RI, Westerly
Joined May 2012
1,241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P40flyer View Post
More temptation!! Funny how a video can kill your bank account. She looks and flies really nice!
Oh, trust me, I have and fly both versions, and the "Balls Out" is a completely different (flying) airplane from the first version. Much, MUCH better manners than the version 1, way less twitchy, still has that torque roll, but not nearly as bad...GREAT airplane, we love ours!!
matiac is offline Find More Posts by matiac
Old Jul 18, 2013, 09:30 AM
United States, OH, Cleve
Joined Jun 2012
1,703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matiac View Post
Oh, trust me, I have and fly both versions, and the "Balls Out" is a completely different (flying) airplane from the first version. Much, MUCH better manners than the version 1, way less twitchy, still has that torque roll, but not nearly as bad...GREAT airplane, we love ours!!
How's the detail? She looks nice in all the pics and videos.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 11:48 AM
Find More Posts by Ubootwo
United States, OH, Bowling Green
Joined Jun 2012
279 Posts
Ahhhhh, now you guys done it!

I had to get one! just purchased today! What type of flight times with the recommended 2s?

does it look like there is enough meat on wings to add etracs?

Ubootwo
Ubootwo is offline Find More Posts by Ubootwo
Old Jul 18, 2013, 02:46 PM
United States, OH, Cleve
Joined Jun 2012
1,703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubootwo View Post
Ahhhhh, now you guys done it!

I had to get one! just purchased today! What type of flight times with the recommended 2s?

does it look like there is enough meat on wings to add etracs?

Ubootwo
Haven't maidened her yet. Just got her set up and balanced today. 50mm from the wing root was dead on with a 3s 1000. Will try to get her up in the air in the next couple days. Can't wait! Still have to change out the deans connector on the ESC to a JST. Here's a pic of the inside. A little snug but just enough room for a 3s and Orange RX receiver.