SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 10:42 AM
United States, TX, Cibolo
Joined Nov 2011
373 Posts
I still think its a beautiful plane, I have one of each, a Fly Fly and a Aerosky B60 in boxes.
Hollywood2979 is offline Find More Posts by Hollywood2979
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 10:54 AM
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
4,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocg View Post
Didn't think anyone was here.! (like if a tree falls in the woods does anybody here it?) All the un built kits out there! Wow.
I have had gremlins with mine.. Maiden went initially well, yet my right power went down causing an unrecoverable nose in.. A bit of damage.. Persued and fixed all.. Not as pretty anymore.. But .. Changed out some things .. Got another vid I'll put up..
A little disappointed in its "tailwagging" characteristic, Even with counter rotating props.. I wonder if it has to do with its very "flexible" vertical stab. I tried some stiffening but still "wags".. (Have not yet flown in calm air as of yet) And, although goofy a little too, I had him .. So a different pilot as well.. Attachment 7724853
Put a Head Holding Gyro like the Guardian or the A3X and the problem will go away. Its mostly due to air flow and direction bouncing the model around - and at times imperfect aerodynamics of models as opposed to the real scale versions. I want to build mine soon as I love the looks. I will look at going all out with mods Including adding spring loaded metal struts, rubber wheels, Guardian Gyro, maybe ebrakes and lights... plus chaneg out the goofy WWI pilots!
captain MoMo is offline Find More Posts by captain MoMo
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 10:59 AM
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
4,001 Posts
Quote:
Didn't think anyone was here.! (like if a tree falls in the woods does anybody here it?) All the un built kits out there! Wow.
I have had gremlins with mine.. Maiden went initially well, yet my right power went down causing an unrecoverable nose in.. A bit of damage.. Persued and fixed all.. Not as pretty anymore.. But .. Changed out some things .. Got another vid I'll put up..
A little disappointed in its "tailwagging" characteristic, Even with counter rotating props.. I wonder if it has to do with its very "flexible" vertical stab. I tried some stiffening but still "wags".. (Have not yet flown in calm air as of yet) And, although goofy a little too, I had him .. So a different pilot as well.. Attachment 7724853
What control surface throws and CG did you use foryour model?

Thanks
captain MoMo is offline Find More Posts by captain MoMo
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 11:18 AM
Fly and let Fly!
United States, CO, Grand Junction
Joined May 2010
2,833 Posts
Capt. Momo. Will get back to you on the throws, Generally I'll "eyeball" them.. triple rates.. I found it needed full Elevator rate to feel authorative.. And thought of the Gyro thing.. CG.. 120mm back from LE at the root.. Does well at my 5ooo ft. altitude. BTW, Cannot get the flaps to sit "tight" .. I think the clevis/horn placement is too far back on the flap surface..
Don't let this happen to you.. Name: 2015-01-25 009.jpg
Views: 10
Size: 1.24 MB
Description: I believe when I "propped up" .. Overloaded an ESC.. But she is good now.. Did buy a new canopy and even though new wings etc. are available, wanted to get this dialed in 1st.. Think I got it..
Cocg is offline Find More Posts by Cocg
Old Yesterday, 12:39 PM
Fly and let Fly!
Joined May 2010
2,833 Posts
Here is the other..

Vid...
Nitroplanes Aerosky RC Duke B60 Twin Plane Cam mount. (1 min 41 sec)
.. Since folks are still around.. ! Get them built boys..!!
Old Yesterday, 02:41 PM
Rookie Pilot
United States, NJ, Old Bridge Township
Joined May 2013
69 Posts
Quote:
Vid... https://youtu.be/kQ3kkD1cyNk.. Since folks are still around.. ! Get them built boys..!!
Reading and watching all the problems make me wonder if I should risk flying the plane.

Has anyone replaced the motors with the HobbyKing 900kv motors? I read somewhere they were more efficient.
Finest Racing is offline Find More Posts by Finest Racing
Last edited by Finest Racing; Yesterday at 02:52 PM.
Old Yesterday, 03:02 PM
Fly and let Fly!
Joined May 2010
2,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finest Racing View Post
Reading and watching all the problems make me wonder if I should risk flying the plane.

Has anyone replaced the motors with the HobbyKing 900kv motors? I read somewhere they were more efficient.
Those HK motors are what I am flying with.. Efficiency ..? So so.. Bats always come down warm, (although all flights have been wind battling) using 3000 to 3300 mah 4s.. Did a 5s for a flight, (separate BEC with a 500mah 3s.) but motors/props seem to hit a red line and rpm out. Flys fine however scale like and then some.. Frankly its gets off the ground in a hurry if you don't scale accelarate, could probably change pitch for more rpm.. You must fly it scared or not. No excuses..!
Old Yesterday, 04:16 PM
United States, CT, East Hartford
Joined Jul 2008
695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood2979 View Post
I still think its a beautiful plane, I have one of each, a Fly Fly and a Aerosky B60 in boxes.
My FlyFly is built, no maiden yet. Aerosky still in the box.
handyman 220 is offline Find More Posts by handyman 220
Old Yesterday, 04:54 PM
Rookie Pilot
United States, NJ, Old Bridge Township
Joined May 2013
69 Posts
Quote:
Those HK motors are what I am flying with.. Efficiency ..? So so.. Bats always come down warm, (although all flights have been wind battling) using 3000 to 3300 mah 4s.. Did a 5s for a flight, (separate BEC with a 500mah 3s.) but motors/props seem to hit a red line and rpm out. Flys fine however scale like and then some.. Frankly its gets off the ground in a hurry if you don't scale accelarate, could probably change pitch for more rpm.. You must fly it scared or not. No excuses..!
Thanks, I have a 4000mah I would to try. It is small enough to fit.
Finest Racing is offline Find More Posts by Finest Racing