HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Jim T. Graham, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 12, 2006, 10:55 AM
Suspended Account
ni'ihau
Joined Nov 2003
3,241 Posts
take me to your leader..

Eljimb0 is offline Find More Posts by Eljimb0
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2006, 11:54 AM
Suspended Account
ni'ihau
Joined Nov 2003
3,241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Adams
Jimbo, what are you going to put that GREAT counter rotating motor in?? A mini Keith Shaw type Bearcat, perhaps?? It's the porcupine's pajamas!

You have my vote, even without the airplane.

Dick
Thanks Dick,
That motor just sits in a little plastic box. The idea of how to make it from parts I had, popped into my head while I was driving home from a hard day's work.. I worked on it that night. I had it running just before the sun came up...

I have built different versions. One in a slow stick, one in a P51 and one that came to a terrible end in a pusher jet. They all run on CC speed controllers. (they are great people with a great product that they stand behind)
jimbo
Eljimb0 is offline Find More Posts by Eljimb0
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 12, 2006, 11:56 AM
Fergus falls, MN
Joined Oct 2006
47 Posts
Ok this might be out there, and I will get pics as soon as the ice becomes stable enough to use again. but here's a bit of back stroy to help it make more sense.
I live in Minnesota and one of the common winter sports here is ice fishing. Many people use an item called a tip up to cover more area fishing. basically it's a fishing rod with a big flag on it that pops up when you get a strike.
Now my buddy and I use a fish house, and usually set one or two pop ups some 20' away. and it always seems just when you're getting warm and comfy in the fish house, you have to go out and jig the pop up to keep it clear of freezing up. Being the lazy guys we are, we decided that there had to be a better way to do things. I just happened to have some parts left over from a RC car I had, so we rigged up the steering servo up to do the jigging for us. Now all we have to do is sit back, grab the transmitter and rock the steering back and forth. Someday we plan to hook up the motor so that we can reel in a strike but that's proving more difficult than it's been worth so far.
MustGoFaster is offline Find More Posts by MustGoFaster
Old Dec 13, 2006, 06:59 PM
Joined Jan 2004
74 Posts
Miss America H9 P-51

Here's my baby:

H9 Miss America 60 size P-51 with retracts
CC Phoenix HV 85 Controller
Eflite Power 60
APC 15 X 10E Prop
6S2P 6400MAH Batteries

There is a special hatch for batteries cut on top. Venting holes are located in firewall and scale vent out the bottom. This plane was first shown at 2006 NEAT Fair and appeared in Dec. Fly RC Magazine. She flies like crazy; she's fast and strong. The service from the boys at Castle getting this baby set-up was fantastic. Thanks to Joe especially.

Thanks for looking. Tim
3drc tim is offline Find More Posts by 3drc tim
Old Dec 13, 2006, 07:03 PM
Hi Wattage Electrics - Cool
Jordan, Minnesota
Joined Jan 2004
618 Posts
Here's a completely custom built (machined) micro helicopter, that uses (2) CC 10 brushless controllers.

Here are a few of the heli features:
Custom machined & wound, direct drive BL motor
CCPM
Collective pitch
1mm hand-made carbon fiber plate

enjoy
Wayne
Rad Racer is offline Find More Posts by Rad Racer
Old Dec 13, 2006, 07:54 PM
JAM
MaxAmps CMO
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Joined Jun 2004
4,402 Posts
MustGoFaster...........That's a great idea.......the jiggin part..........now for reelin' up I'd say a geared 600 attached to a big spool.........but the biggest problem would be the need for a drag setting of some sort.........cause we up here know what your gonna catch on a tip-up........and most of the time they ain't to small.......I had a freind down here that use to troll for sunfish with an R/C boat........worked real good until ya' hooked onto a Bass.

Jason
JAM is offline Find More Posts by JAM
Old Dec 14, 2006, 01:40 PM
MultipleCrashSurvivor
USA, HI, Honolulu
Joined Jan 2003
2,886 Posts
Ok, since I've gotten back into cars and trucks I definitely still needed to go brushless. I'll enter my Tamiya F-350 High Lift as that's still an ongoing project but here's some pics of my TT01R drifter as well.
drksyd is offline Find More Posts by drksyd
Old Dec 14, 2006, 10:45 PM
X-Era Motors
Newport, NC
Joined Jan 2002
2,225 Posts
Hmmm, this is a pretty strange entry. I was sick and tired of the cantankerous gas string trimmers and the anemic electrics you can buy at Lowes. I decided enough was enough....below is the result.

ESC :: Castle Creations HV-85
Motor :: Cyclon 60
BEC :: Ubec
ESC control :: modified blue bird servo tester with relocated potentiometer
Battery :: Dewalt 36V with jumper to bypass internal fuse
The rest :: Old Echo trimmer parts

This thing absolutely rips. It is more powerful than a gas trimmer and runs cool to the touch. I get about a half hour or more depending on what I'm doing. The best part of all, is that I don't smell like exhaust fumes when I'm done with my yard work
DavidB. is offline Find More Posts by DavidB.
Last edited by DavidB.; Dec 16, 2006 at 12:43 PM.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 01:51 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2003
4,747 Posts
Thats a class act right there, gets my vote. a brushless whipper snipper awesome.
will p3 is offline Find More Posts by will p3
Old Dec 15, 2006, 04:53 AM
Flying...Pushing Air Down
Clovis, NM, USA
Joined Nov 2000
3,559 Posts
Thunderbird-9 Flying Christmas Tree

Only the BEST speed controller for my new flying Christmas tree. Bluecor fanfold with 23 inch span and length. Elevons, rudder, and throttle. Painted with craft paint from Wal-Mart. 25T CDROM, 9/4.7 prop, 3S 620mAh LiPo from 2DogRC. AUW is 7.3 ounces. Adding more lights today. LOVE those Thunderbird-9s!!!

Gary
sr71fan is offline Find More Posts by sr71fan
Old Dec 16, 2006, 12:45 AM
Duh
grain valley mo, or about 25 minutes east of kansas city
Joined Jan 2004
595 Posts
16 inch flying flea

here is my 16 inch flea, used ips direct drive with a castle pixie 7. all up was under 4 ounces, used pivoting forward wing for pitch control just like the real thing.

I have to say that castle is a class act, they have supported our club which is local to them. our first mid-america indoor fun flys would never have happened without them, they have allways been generous. they have allways given great product support with out question.
I myself have burned up a few controllers in my day, I have really abused castle's products, many times getting away with what would have burned up anyone else's controller. after burning up other brands I've allways gone back to castle. Thanks guys for a great product.

Jason Mayes
crashawk is offline Find More Posts by crashawk
Old Dec 30, 2006, 11:03 AM
United States, AR, Bentonville
Joined Sep 2003
19 Posts
Castle Hall of Fame Contest

I know its late but I had to put this in.
Micro Jet with Himax 2815/3000, CC 35, and Berg Receiver all out Bullet.
maccrak is offline Find More Posts by maccrak
Old Jan 01, 2007, 10:03 PM
eat, sleep, FLY FLY FLY
Charlottesville, VA
Joined Jun 2005
1,084 Posts
Mini Star Jet

Here is a pic of my mini Star Jet, all fiberglassed w 3/4 oz cloth and airbrushed. Added cooling for internal cooling of the cc35 annd batt threw 3 scoops and 1 exit. I'm running a berg 4 ch reciever as well, real smooth and no glitchie ! Vasa 65 with custom mount all cf interior w fiberglass cowl. Runnig pq 1800, mega 16/15/2, custom decals from england.
I have 10 planes all with castle controllers and most w castle bergs.......the best you can get.
Mr.frankenjet is offline Find More Posts by Mr.frankenjet
Old Jan 08, 2007, 06:13 PM
DUNDAS CANADA
Joined Feb 2006
564 Posts
Cierva C.8l-ii

Scale model of CIERVA C.8L-II with the 76 rotor diameter (1:5.5 scale). The model built from the balsa, plywood, steel and carbon fiber. Flying weight 8.5lbs. Power AXI 4130/16. The speed controller is PHOENIX 60. LiPo 6S2P 4100mA. Will be test flown in the spring 2007.
LADDIE is offline Find More Posts by LADDIE