HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 22, 2014, 07:32 AM
Australia, VIC, South Melbourne
Joined Jun 2011
45 Posts
Discussion
FP 450 of choice?

Hi all,

Ive had a couple of V200D01's and have managed to wreck them both. I tried to skip a step too early and wrecked the first way too quickly, then the second lasted me as I got the training gear and managed to learn how to fly... but one proper accident and everything went funny on it.

I like the size, but was wondering if there is a stronger (better) one around? Ive changed a million main and tailshaft gears. Would be nice to fly something that can take a bit more of a beating.

Thanks
shezza is offline Find More Posts by shezza
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2014, 04:37 PM
Closed Account
Joined Mar 2012
508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shezza View Post
Hi all,

Ive had a couple of V200D01's and have managed to wreck them both. I tried to skip a step too early and wrecked the first way too quickly, then the second lasted me as I got the training gear and managed to learn how to fly... but one proper accident and everything went funny on it.

I like the size, but was wondering if there is a stronger (better) one around? Ive changed a million main and tailshaft gears. Would be nice to fly something that can take a bit more of a beating.

Thanks
it really sounds more like you missed the most important step!!! buy a good simulator and learn how to fly! doesn't matter the size when your crashing! these are fragile, complicated machines and demand alot of training/ learning. as they say "they don't fly themselves" start from the basic's and you will go far. too many people try to skip this stuff and end up paying for it dearly. just my .002 cents good luck whatever you decide
stormheli is offline Find More Posts by stormheli
Old Jan 22, 2014, 04:44 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,713 Posts
+1. . A Sim really is a must have in the hobby. . Will literally save you hundreds if not thousands of dollars on down the road. .

#2. . . Stay away from Walkera. Align is a very good step in the right direction.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Jan 22, 2014, 07:16 PM
Closed Account
Joined Mar 2012
508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
+1. . A Sim really is a must have in the hobby. . Will literally save you hundreds if not thousands of dollars on down the road. .

#2. . . Stay away from Walkera. Align is a very good step in the right direction.
+1000 on that. as far as im concerned there toy stuff that should be sold at the dollar store. there no player in the hobby world. they just nickle and dime people till there broke or quite the hobby cuz there broke
Old Jan 22, 2014, 07:37 PM
Joined Jun 2011
45 Posts
I did the simulator for a bit, thought I was ready but I wasnt... By the second helicopter, I was quite competent, but I guess I could have been better. I suppose a simulator is a simulator? They are all much of a muchness?

Back to the helis - are any of the Align 450s 4ch? They make a lot of 6ch helis, but cant seem to find a 4ch one. Id rather master the 4ch before I go for the 6ch. Happy to pace myself.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 11:16 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,713 Posts
The Align 100 is. . But its crap. How about the blade 120SR. . Its what I recommended to rooks a couple years back as a first stepping stone. But I'm so out of the loop now when it comes to 4 channel f.p.

Or check out a c.p micro like the blade Nano or MCPX-BL. . Both crash really well. . then when you want something bigger the Gaui X3 or Align 450L are very nice.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 02:54 AM
Joined Jun 2011
45 Posts
Ive seen the Blade 120SR recommended a million times. Got a good name, thats for sure!
So getting a good FP 450 is hard to come by then? If Im going that big, it means I should be ready for CP?
Old Jan 23, 2014, 01:23 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,576 Posts
Quote:
Ive seen the Blade 120SR recommended a million times. Got a good name, thats for sure!
So getting a good FP 450 is hard to come by then? If Im going that big, it means I should be ready for CP?
I don't think that anyone is manufacturing a fp 450. That's why some on the Frankenheli thread are building their own. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will chime in and correct me.
Pa flyer is online now Find More Posts by Pa flyer
Old Jan 23, 2014, 02:24 PM
Closed Account
Joined Mar 2012
508 Posts
seems this thread would be better suited in the mini heli section
Old Jan 23, 2014, 07:33 PM
Joined Jun 2011
45 Posts
For some reason I was under the impression mine was a 450 :/ Would it be a 200 then being the V200?
So the question is... is there an equivalent sized helicopter but a better quality one? The Aligns seem to be 6ch, cant find any 4ch ones.
If 200 is classified as a mini, then I am looking for a 200 and this should be moved.
Last edited by shezza; Jan 23, 2014 at 08:04 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 08:06 PM
Closed Account
Joined Mar 2012
508 Posts
Quote:
Though isnt my Walkera V200D01 a FP 450? And if I cant get a decent FP 450, what size can I get?
I dont want a mini heli though storm :P
this thread you have posted is in the large heli section. what you have is a mini as is everything below 500 size. once again your thread really should of been posted in the mini section as this is what YOU have
Old Jan 23, 2014, 08:08 PM
Closed Account
Joined Mar 2012
508 Posts
Quote:
For some reason I was under the impression mine was a 450 :/ Would it be a 200 then being the V200?
So the question is... is there an equivalent sized helicopter but a better quality one? The Aligns seem to be 6ch, cant find any 4ch ones.
If 200 is classified as a mini, then I am looking for a 200 and this should be moved.
yes its still a mini
Old Jan 23, 2014, 08:12 PM
Joined Jun 2011
45 Posts
It just seemed big to me haha. My bad

Is there a way to fly a 6ch in a 4ch mode? Or is it just a matter of not moving the joystick in those directions?
Old Jan 23, 2014, 08:34 PM
Closed Account
Joined Mar 2012
508 Posts
why not skip the 4ch stuff and buy a decent sim and go right to a 6ch. you will get a huge reward much more satisfying once you put your time in with a sim
Old Jan 23, 2014, 09:08 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormheli View Post
why not skip the 4ch stuff and buy a decent sim and go right to a 6ch. you will get a huge reward much more satisfying once you put your time in with a sim
-Ironic- . . Earlier I had written out a 4 paragraph post on a reply. Hit the wrong button and lost it all. ha.. . In a nut shell , it's exactly your advice.

O.P. . If your ending plan is to fly c.p. . Just skip F.P. . . A properly dialed in and set up C.P heli will fly just as stable. . All you need is a sim and a C.P micro to get a good start.