HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:14 AM
Bladerex700
Joined Jul 2007
422 Posts
Help!
GPS and pitot tube

Hey Fellow FPV flyers, I've being flying my eagle tree system for a couple months now, and it has being an awesome product;
Yesterday when I plugged my battery my GPS took about 10 min to get ready, and when finally did plane goes up in the air and GPS was not reading nether the speed on the pitot tube, and I know is working, because when I plugged I am able to see it on the osd but is not reading, is there anything I can do to reset it?

Ps keep in mind that usually takes about 2min to get ready to fly at a 9 satellites min, is there something that I am missing here? Like a bloke signal or anything else?

Cheers Ari and thank you for looking,
BladeRex is offline Find More Posts by BladeRex
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:04 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
hi, could you post a photo or brief video showing what you are seeing on the screen? That may help narrow down the issue.

In terms of resetting, this shouldn't be needed, but you can do a "heavy handed" factory reset by clicking the Factory Reset button on the OSD Pro setup PC screen. But, that deletes all your settings. If you do that, and then reload a prior configuration that was working correctly, this can be less painful. But, if you do the reset, I'd first verify that GPS is working before reloading the old configuration.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:06 PM
Bladerex700
Joined Jul 2007
422 Posts
Here is a Link from Youtube, here most of the fly,

PICT0019 (7 min 25 sec)
Old Dec 03, 2012, 06:30 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Thanks for posting.

Here are some thoughts:

1) It looks like your airspeed is never reading. Can you confirm whether you are using our separate airspeed sensor? If not, I am wondering if you have "Use Pitot for Airspeed Ladder" set to "Yes" under the Sensors and Units onscreen menu? If that's set to Yes, you'll need to change it to No if you don't have the airspeed sensor. If you are using our airspeed sensor, I suspect that either the pitot hose has come loose, or maybe it's not connected. Is the airspeed sensor blinking?

2) Regarding GPS signal loss, here are a few thoughts:

a) Are you using our GPS V4 with the integrated toroid ring in the cable? This really helps to reduce RFI issues.
b) Is the GPS mounted far away from your video transmitter?
c) Is it possible that you're flying near a source of RFI that might affect the GPS?
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:59 PM
Bladerex700
Joined Jul 2007
422 Posts
Hi Bill thanks for contacting and helping out,I reset all sensors and problem solve, I just got back from the field, and I was getting 12 satellites, and seems to be working fine, I am wondering if it was just a little glitch,

Again thank you!!!!!!!
Old Dec 04, 2012, 01:24 PM
Joined Feb 2012
84 Posts
Hi,

one question: Is ist possible to display both, GPS and Pitot speed, in the OSD?
barometer is online now Find More Posts by barometer
Old Dec 04, 2012, 01:56 PM
Bladerex700
Joined Jul 2007
422 Posts
Yes it is, and what you see on the video that I posted, on the left side is the speed ladder, is reading straigh from the pitot tube, and the GPS speed is on the top right corner, however speed from GPS is not acurate, and that's why most people used both,

Thanks, Ari