HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:56 PM
Joined Apr 2008
46 Posts
Discussion
Need help wiring Video TX system (bevrc 1.3ghz 800mw)

Hey all, I'm having trouble connecting my Cam to the Video TX i bought from Bevrc. http://www.bevrc.com/bev-13g-800mw_p52.html#review

The cam from securitycam2000 has two cables, Power and Video out (BNC connector). The video input to the Video TX (yellow) is an s-video cable (i think that's the name for it). I was planning on soldering my own connectors on there instead of buying and waiting for a bnc to s-video cable, so I cut the yellow video cable and discovered there's two wires in the cable. Can I solder them together onto a 4mm bullet connector and a matching 4mm bullet connector on the video out from the cam? Or do I need to solder a new s-video connector on, and find a BNC to s-video adapter cable?

Thanks in advance
dalton1981 is offline Find More Posts by dalton1981
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:34 PM
Push'n the limits
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Oct 2005
2,104 Posts
Hey bud,

The camera will only need 3-4 wires.
Yellow = video
Black = ground
Red = volts +
White or 4th wire out of cam is usually also ground unless your cam has a mic then it will be audio.

The yellow RCA or in this case center pin of BNC will be video, yellow wire inside with the surrounding wires being its shield = ground outter of BNC.(usually the 4th wire as above coming out of cam) Do Not connect these together or you'll let the magic smoke out.

So you need this yellow for your video, upto you if you want to connect the shield to your ground wire.

The power cable will usually be red wire with shield.... Red being V+ and its shield being Neg ground.

For a tempory fix you can cut all the RCA and power plugs off and solder a servo ext lead onto your video, V+ and ground coming out of camera and put the opp servo plug on the Vtx.
White wire on vtx is not needed unless you want audio.
You can also solder your power leads into the V+ and Gnd at this connection.

Hope this helps.
Chris.
NutBag is online now Find More Posts by NutBag
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by NutBag; Nov 20, 2012 at 11:45 PM.