I have the following EagleTree products:
  1. eLogger V4
  2. Power Panel
  3. OSD Pro Expander
  4. 10 Hz GPS (GPS-V4)
  5. Brushless RPM sensor
  6. Altimeter (ALTIMETER-V4)
  7. Micro Temp Sensor

All has been working relatively well, however I now have a problem with the Recorder software.

The Recorder software (version 10.04) crashes every time I try to go into a 2D graph. The problem started happening after I spent a good amount of time customizing my chart layouts. For what it is worth, and this is a side matter, but I was EXTREMELY disappointed to learn that most chart customizations are not saved. But I digress.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the software multiple times. I even went so far as to rename the Eagle Tree Systems registry keys so that the system would create new keys with a fresh install. For the most part, I have used Eagle Tree's uninstall option and the repair install option - nothing works.

When I used Windows' built-in add/remove programs feature to uninstall EagleTree, the system crashed on reboot and refused to come back up. I ended up booting to safe mode and winding the system back to a previous restore point.

As far as I can remember, the last thing I changed in the Chart Options had something to do with clicking a 3D check box or selecting a 3D appearance. Whatever option I selected, immediately after selecting it and closing the chart, the Data Recorder program crashed the next time I tried to enter into the 2D chart mode.

To be clear, the program crashes. It gets stuck on the error screen, and though I click "OK", the error message just keeps popping up. The only way out of Data Recorder at that point, is to CTRL+ALT+DEL and kill the program from the Task Manager.

I am running Windows 7, Service Pack 1, 64-bit.
Data Recorder version 10.04

The first error message I get is "List index out of bounds (3)". When I click on OK, I get a second error message which says "Access violation at address 00414A4C in module 'DataRecorder.exe'. Read of address 00000008.

Below are the screen shots. Please help!

- Will

RCTime is offline Find More Posts by RCTime
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 11, 2012, 06:13 AM
Joined Apr 2009
150 Posts
Hello,
I got the same problem but the solution is simple.

When the message "List index out of bounds" appears, look at the bottom left, you will see the 2D chart window that have been load and you can see the "Reset defaults" button.

All you have to do is to click the button and press enter several times until the error message disappear.

It took 8 or 10 times to me , but I'm running Eagle Tree software on Oracle VirtualBox since I use Linux Mint 64 as operating system on my Pc, so it may take less clicks for your system.
lucamaxco is offline Find More Posts by lucamaxco
Old Mar 11, 2012, 06:28 PM
Joined Dec 2011
27 Posts
Thank you for the advice, but that does not work.

Once I get to that screen, the program has already crashed and I cannot click on the reset button (or any other buttons/menus, etc. I can't even move/drag the window).
Old Mar 15, 2012, 01:07 PM
Joined Dec 2011
27 Posts
Hello? Eagle Tree?

According to your website, these forums are your official support forums, and you suggest posting here to get the fastest response.

You also state that support ticket items take longer to be addressed, and ask that owners do not post on the forums AND request a support ticket.

I've done exactly as you've instructed.

I posted this problem 4 days ago and also sent a PM. Can I please get some help here?
Old Mar 16, 2012, 04:28 PM
Joined Dec 2011
27 Posts
Hello? Eagle Tree?
Old Mar 16, 2012, 05:20 PM
Joined Apr 2009
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTime View Post
Thank you for the advice, but that does not work.

Once I get to that screen, the program has already crashed and I cannot click on the reset button (or any other buttons/menus, etc. I can't even move/drag the window).
Hi, as I wrote you pressing enter and imediately clicking the "Reset defaults" button on the lower part of the window work for me (after several tries) .
Another way would be to edit the configuration file of the graph, setting standard values should solve your problem.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 10:04 PM
Joined Dec 2011
27 Posts
Thanks again lucamaxco. I should have mentioned it the first time, but I tried doing exactly as you said many, many times. The last time I tried hitting enter and clicking on reset 87 times. It just didn't work for me.

Thanks for the advice on resetting the graph configuration file. Do you know of any online instructions on how to do that?

Thanks again.

I must say, I am very disappointed in Eagle Tree's lack of support.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:08 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,561 Posts
RCT....don't cite me on this, but it seems like I remember Bill mentioning being away at some show(s?) for the time being. Not to excuse someone else in the company not covering support but, just to say it might explain the slow response.

I've got an issue that's also been 'ignored' - directly thru support line not here. Just exercising a bit of patience -- thinner for some I know but, hang in there.
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 17, 2012, 02:47 PM
Joined Dec 2011
27 Posts
Starhopper44,

Thanks for reading this and taking a moment to respond, I appreciate the info.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 01:07 PM
Joined Dec 2011
27 Posts
Nine days later and I have not even received so much as a notification that you (Eagle Tree) are aware of my problem. I am a patient person and while I understand that some problems can take time to solve, I do not understand or appreciate the complete lack of communication.

I am very disappointed but I've moved on, so don't even bother answering this (in the off-chance that you ever read this post).

But if you do read this post, I suggest you either do what you claim you do on your support page or update the page. I followed your directions and recommendations exactly as outlined on your support page and received no help at all.

For what it is worth, I feel it is insulting to emphasize that owners should NOT post a question on your forum and open a support ticket for the same issue, as if it causes too much of a burden for you to deal with. Still, I followed your instruction and my reward was to be completely ignored, so what is a customer to do? What more could I have done to impress upon you that I'm in need of support? How much more time and effort should I have invested in presenting my problem in the clearest way possible?

- Will
PS: Here's what your support page says, in case you have not read it in a while:
Last edited by RCTime; Mar 20, 2012 at 01:11 PM. Reason: image / attachment
Old Mar 20, 2012, 01:24 PM
Joined Apr 2009
150 Posts
Hello,
I use Win XP, running regedit command you will find Eagle tree software there: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Tree Systems.

I guess that chart boundaries are under the model plane, in my case "plane0"
You could try to copy my settings (click on image below) or more simply, just delete the key "charting" ; then, the software should create a new one with default values .

Old Mar 21, 2012, 07:05 AM
Resistance is Futile
United States, FL, Panama City Beach
Joined Oct 2001
2,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTime View Post
Nine days later and I have not even received so much as a notification that you (Eagle Tree) are aware of my problem. I am a patient person and while I understand that some problems can take time to solve, I do not understand or appreciate the complete lack of communication.

I am very disappointed but I've moved on, so don't even bother answering this (in the off-chance that you ever read this post).

But if you do read this post, I suggest you either do what you claim you do on your support page or update the page. I followed your directions and recommendations exactly as outlined on your support page and received no help at all.

For what it is worth, I feel it is insulting to emphasize that owners should NOT post a question on your forum and open a support ticket for the same issue, as if it causes too much of a burden for you to deal with. Still, I followed your instruction and my reward was to be completely ignored, so what is a customer to do? What more could I have done to impress upon you that I'm in need of support? How much more time and effort should I have invested in presenting my problem in the clearest way possible?

- Will
PS: Here's what your support page says, in case you have not read it in a while:
And just immediately above the line where it says, "Please Don't post your question in our forum and open a support ticket." it also says;

Quote:
Note that when you create a support ticket, you will be emailed a link that will let you check the status of the ticket. If you do not receive the email, this most likely means that a spam filter is intercepting emails from Eagle Tree
Have you logged onto your ISP or mail providers site and checked your spam? No mention of your doing so.

You did say you never got an acknowledgement to your ticket request. Since their system sends out a response automatically without human intervention then I'll bet there is a ticket and you just don't know it and you have missed a very important part of the communication process.

I'd check with your ISP BEFORE I start throwing accusations around. If you have not done so then you have not done "everything".

Best of Luck,

Rob
camship is offline Find More Posts by camship
Old Mar 21, 2012, 05:21 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
RCTime, first let me apologize. I handle the ET posts here, and I was on vacation last week and part of this week. I'd intended to be on the forum here last week, but that did not work out, unfortunately.

We've removed the "Please Don't post your question in our forum and open a support ticket" from the support website. That was added as we sometimes have confusion when more than one person here is helping the same customer, but the last thing we want to do is have people unnecessarily waiting.

Regarding your issue with charting, I believe the problem will be corrected with "Advanced, Delete All Eagle Tree Settings". The specific problem appears to be an issue with the ".tee" files that are used to persist chart settings. Those are saved in a folder on your PC that varies from OS to OS, but if you can locate those files by searching, and manually delete them, that will also resolve your issue I believe.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor