HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 22, 2015, 01:04 AM
United States, CA, Rancho Cucamonga
Joined Jun 2014
41 Posts
New Product
Proto x hd fpv antenna upgrade available

Hello fellow Members,
When the New Estes Proto X HD FPV Quad was released, I had to have it! And seeing that I've had the Original Hubsan H107D, this was a no brainer. Ordered from Tower, within a few days it was at my door, and I was ready to hit the house course . The stock set up was nice, and did the job for me on MOST of the house, but as soon as I ventured a bit further the video signal was lacking (of course) due to the stock "Whip" antenna. That's when the Hobbyist came out, and the building and testing began. Thus, the CP antenna upgrade was born!

This Upgrade will be available as a stand alone CL Antenna for ( TX ) and in a Pair Pack with the CL & SPW Antennas, along with RX hardware. I've managed to reduce the weight of the CL, and kept a constant 7 minute flight time. Range increase and penetration increase with this set up. The location of the Antenna seems to be ideal, but if you have any suggestions, please comment. All antennas would be made to order of course

-Light weight CL Antenna ( TX ) - $15
-CL & SPW Antenna Pair ( TX-RX & Hardware ) - $25

WARNING!! This upgrade will void any warranty

Here are a few sample pictures. More to come.
Any interest, please feel free to PM or comment below.
I hope you enjoy
GnarlyFPV is offline Find More Posts by GnarlyFPV
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2015, 02:39 AM
United States, CA, LA
Joined Jan 2015
4 Posts
So that CL antenna will work for the hubsan H107D?
Bjae27 is online now Find More Posts by Bjae27
Old Jan 22, 2015, 10:50 AM
Joined Jun 2014
41 Posts
Sadly no. The H107D requires soldering the Antenna directly to the Vtx board. The Proto X Antenna uses a connector, no soldering required BUT, if you wanted to remove that connector and do a little solder work then sure!
Old Jan 22, 2015, 11:43 AM
Joined Jan 2015
43 Posts
nice flight time, i know mine sux right now i need to go from the cl straight to the connector on the board.
shadowdragon420 is offline Find More Posts by shadowdragon420
Last edited by shadowdragon420; Jan 22, 2015 at 12:25 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 10:55 PM
Joined Jun 2014
41 Posts
Thanks! Yea, weight is everything with these Micro's. Signal Performance is really boosted with the CL set up. I can't get enough flying time in now, lol.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 10:04 PM
Joined Jan 2015
43 Posts
how did you attach the antenna to the quad? looks like its just floating there
Old Jan 25, 2015, 02:13 PM
Joined Jun 2014
41 Posts
Good question! It does sit fairly snug between the internals and the body. But for more secuirty I have plans in process for a Mount of some sort. Pictures of the mount will be up soon.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 02:21 PM
Joined Jan 2015
43 Posts
sweet thanks
Old Jan 25, 2015, 04:54 PM
Joined Jan 2015
43 Posts
Thanks for the inspiration, just finished my latest mod more like yours went straight from the board to the antenna and mounted it on the rear. ill post picks soon good flight times around 7 min on first flight.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 02:58 PM
Joined Jun 2014
41 Posts
Nice! I'm glad you were inspired. It's such a great little mod, and when you can still get good flight times, it's that much more worth the Upgrade IMHO. I've just recentely done a couple more mods, and am now looking at a tad over 8 minutes! More testing to come.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 03:06 PM
United States, FL, St Petersburg
Joined Nov 2005
1,768 Posts
Was thinking on getting one of these and wondering does it still lag a bit without the sd card in the mini?
Thank's
Chad2323 is offline Find More Posts by Chad2323
Old Jan 26, 2015, 03:24 PM
Joined Jun 2014
41 Posts
Hey Chad2323,

The Proto does naturally have a TINY bit of lag, but completely flyable (IMO). Although when recording from the Quad, the lag does picks up quite a bit. I usually fly around without recording, and when I do record I'll fly both LOS and from the screen. I've noticed that If you fly a bit slower ( While recording ) its possible to fly from the screen alone. Having the SD card in the Quad doesnt seem too relate to the Lag.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 04:01 PM
United States, FL, St Petersburg
Joined Nov 2005
1,768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnarlyFPV View Post
Hey Chad2323,

The Proto does naturally have a TINY bit of lag, but completely flyable (IMO). Although when recording from the Quad, the lag does picks up quite a bit. I usually fly around without recording, and when I do record I'll fly both LOS and from the screen. I've noticed that If you fly a bit slower ( While recording ) its possible to fly from the screen alone. Having the SD card in the Quad doesnt seem too relate to the Lag.
Thank's allot for the info if I decide to get one of these I will get a hold of you for this antenna again Thank's
Chad2323 is offline Find More Posts by Chad2323
Old Jan 26, 2015, 04:03 PM
Joined Jun 2014
41 Posts
Np!
Old Jan 26, 2015, 09:38 PM
Joined Jan 2015
43 Posts
So so far with my upgrades ive been getting around 250-280 feet of good video feed, im loving the cl antenna and like you cant fly enough