HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 14, 2015, 12:59 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,408 Posts
Discussion
Multiple I2C sensors on one FC port

Does anyone know how to put multiple sensors into an I2C port on a APM/CC3D or one of the myriad small quad controllers with a I2C port? I'd like a magnetic compass, power monitor, barometric sensor....etc into the one I2C port on my CC3D. I searched and am not sure how to handle the pull up/pull down resistors, if I have to make a custom cable or....
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2015, 02:04 PM
Wisconsin
United States, WI, Hayward
Joined Jan 2012
1,018 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoodcox View Post
Does anyone know how to put multiple sensors into an I2C port on a APM/CC3D or one of the myriad small quad controllers with a I2C port? I'd like a magnetic compass, power monitor, barometric sensor....etc into the one I2C port on my CC3D. I searched and am not sure how to handle the pull up/pull down resistors, if I have to make a custom cable or....
There are i2c extenders available. Two or more sockets on a ciruit board with a single plug at the other end. I think 3DR sells one.
mike_kelly is offline Find More Posts by mike_kelly
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 14, 2015, 03:37 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,408 Posts
thanks Mike, I googled I2C extender and came up with this I2C hub

http://www.robotmesh.com/grove-i2c-h...FQ4paQodxBQAzw

and this on amazon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A3OKQ1PMPIPWYS

I order a couple of the ones from Amazon