HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 10, 2006, 11:59 PM
AA Addict and SL Fanatic!
Loveland, Co
Joined Oct 2006
60 Posts
Discussion
ever flew a plane into the SEWER...

i did tonight. had the SL out for the first time in a month or so. finally got the prop replaced and the thing flies like a completely different plane... for the better. i cant believe how much better it flew tonight. the run ended with me driving across the street back to myself when a little bit of wind made it straffe right into a sewer drain. so... i popped off the man whole, and walked on thin brown and green ice. got the plane. to expensive to give up on it. just thought i might be the first person to fly a plane into a sewer...

-Ben
bendavis2003 is offline Find More Posts by bendavis2003
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2006, 11:00 AM
It Is All Fun
Arlington, Texas
Joined Mar 2003
423 Posts
Don't feel bad. I have done the same thing. I was zipping along full speed on the street, just having a blast, sometimes rebouning off the curbs in side sliding turns, and quickly found out how perfect it fit thru the drain, when it disappeared instantly. Luckly my grandson was with me, just popped the lid and lowered him down for retreaval.
Dick Rankin is offline Find More Posts by Dick Rankin
Old Jan 01, 2007, 05:04 AM
Lafayette, LA
Joined Aug 2005
55 Posts
Years back I flew a Sig Hummer 1/2A into the storm drain at full throttle. I do mean "FLEW" as I was doing nice big ovals about 50 ft off the ground I had a "Dumb Thumb " moment and rolled it onto it's back then pulled up elevator when I should have pushed. It fleww right into the drain as if I had aimed for it. Had to pull up the drain cover and fish the remains out with a rod-n-reel. The air frame was toast but I was able to save the .049 and radio system for another plane.

Charlie
proffcharlie is offline Find More Posts by proffcharlie