HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 02, 2005, 12:06 AM
myk
Lake Sawyer, Washington
Joined Jul 2003
1,100 Posts
New Phoenix 45HV dies

Well, that was exciting, I got my new controller, updated it to the latest firmware and then plugged it into a 10S pack and it made the correct 10 beeps to signify the 10S pack and then nothing but a solid red led and a faint clicking noise comming from the controller, I can still hook it up to the phx link and program it, I even tried all three of the available s/w version but it just won't do anything now, wont make any noises when a pack is hooked up, just the solid led. I hooked a p10 up to the same rx, motor and rx pack with only a 3s pack and it all works just fine, so my only conclusion is that something fried on the new ESC, however I can see no signs of anything obvious. I'll give CC a call and probably send it in, bummer, I was finally looking forward to giving this thing a go on my new plane. The bleeding edge of technology...

Mike
myk is offline Find More Posts by myk
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2005, 05:49 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,005 Posts
Thatís exactly the way my first HV-85 failed. Looks like itís a common problem with all HV ESCís. They do a good job on repairs so I would suggest that you send it in as soon as possible. I am beginning to think that rebuilt ESCís are much better than new ones.

RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Aug 02, 2005, 01:56 PM
myk
Lake Sawyer, Washington
Joined Jul 2003
1,100 Posts
Called Joe at CC this morning and he is sending me out a replacement unit, should have it by the end of the week or early next week, great service. I described my problem and he immediately knew what the problem was and told me that some of the early "beta" units that were sold by Nesail are having problems with a small component the size of the head of a pin, and that they were supposed to be recalled but got out to the public. At least I'm glad I won't have a "beta" controller anymore.

Mike
myk is offline Find More Posts by myk