HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 16, 2014, 06:40 AM
guamflyer - Avid Sloper
GUAM.USA
Joined Dec 2009
94 Posts
Discussion
anyone sloped the SR 22 from electrifly yet?

I picked up a slightly used/crashed once and repaired sr 22 from my LHS friend and owner.I was gonna stick a motor in it, but decided to see if it could slope... Its about ready and just waiting for the wind..it of course it has the built up wing and I figured I'd try it with the existing airfoil then cut some cores. if it flies with the airfoil then it would be easier to match cores to the saddle area..especially since it has a two piece wing set-up.. the weight I ended up with is 40 oz which kinda surprised me. to get the cg , i ended up putting two standard servos forward ,a 1400 3s lipo, speed control to knock down the volts, two servos in wing,..I also extended the rudder about 1 1/2 inch for better landing control.added spars on the tube for the carbon spar..it got pretty strong after that and also a spar across the T.E..worked well ..I alsolaid two layers of fg cloth from wing spar forward to the nose..slope style.. pics along shortly......
guamflyer is online now Find More Posts by guamflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 16, 2014, 04:24 PM
Crikey never leave beer behind
Mt Annan Sydney Australia
Joined Dec 2003
22,655 Posts
The easy way to match the cores to a new foil is to maintain the roots section but change the tip section so the airfoil will transition to a more suitable slope foil done it before FWIW
steve wenban is offline Find More Posts by steve wenban
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: done
Old Yesterday, 04:58 AM
guamflyer - Avid Sloper
GUAM.USA
Joined Dec 2009
94 Posts
yeah bro that should work fine....just wish the wind would pick up..charging the camera so i can post some pics.. it s definitly gonna look cool in the sky...I will be adding foam core wings after the initial test flights..got a couple of airfoils to choose from...
Old Yesterday, 05:05 AM
Crikey never leave beer behind
Mt Annan Sydney Australia
Joined Dec 2003
22,655 Posts
you'll have to come fly with us in September ,its not so far from Guam
steve wenban is offline Find More Posts by steve wenban
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: done
Old Yesterday, 07:07 AM
guamflyer - Avid Sloper
GUAM.USA
Joined Dec 2009
94 Posts
slope run

I certainly appreciate the invite bro.... I been looking at the slopes on your side..is there specific places you guys fly at, that I can look at on utube..I got a couple of vids on utube under guamflyer..I was lucky enough to fly maui for about 15 years..that was and is a cool place to fly..where abouts you mostly fly at?
Last edited by guamflyer; Yesterday at 08:46 AM.
Old Today, 01:55 AM
guamflyer - Avid Sloper
GUAM.USA
Joined Dec 2009
94 Posts
I found you guys...will follow along but can't make it this year bro.... Manilla is gonna be Happening this year