HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 12, 2014, 11:03 AM
Videographer/Product Reviews
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2012
1,617 Posts
No one can get any answers here from DJI.

They use this thread for marketing, and do not offer support in it.

It would be fairly simple and basic customer service to indicate if there is a road path for Mac support for Naza M v2 controllers.

For Mac users, the decision to got to DJI controller is a $100.00 to $200.00 additional price hit.

DJI apparently just is focused on the sale, not the service.
daskim is online now Find More Posts by daskim
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2014, 12:19 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
7,893 Posts
Daskim, I am a MAC user as well. I appreciate that DJI has provided an initial release for Assistant for MAC. Would I like to see them port every product to MAC, sure. Is it going to happen soon, not likely. I still use my little net book for all upgrades. I actually think it works better than the MAC version right now. Just my opinion as a user.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Photogrammetry Solution
Old Feb 12, 2014, 04:08 PM
Videographer/Product Reviews
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2012
1,617 Posts
I understand Ed.

However, Naza M flight controllers are what flies the Phantom 2/Vision. There is obvious an enhanced revenue source in the Phantom based FCs Mac compatible, or DJI wouldn't be interested.

I have no issue with companies that devote their resources to maximizing income.

But with thousands of us Mac users who don't fly Phantoms, or A2 based multi rotors, and make up a huge percentage of DJI users, it might be appropriate for the company to complete a port of the Naza M assistant software to the Mac.

If they have a properly functioning Phantom 2 version, then the only issue is whether they have the commitment to their Mac customers.

No comment necessary on that.
daskim is online now Find More Posts by daskim
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 09, 2014, 04:50 PM
Joined Jan 2012
77 Posts
Has anyone tried it to see if it works on the Naza-M?
tkuhrt is offline Find More Posts by tkuhrt