HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 24, 2013, 04:14 AM
Joined Jan 2013
25 Posts
Discussion
How much -% pitch is needed to slowly get down?

There is probably a discussion section on this but what is enough pitch to get you back to the ground ?

I have 3 modes - I was thinking about setting

Mode 0 - Just allows you to spool the helicopter up on the ground (tested this and it worked well) Had Throttle Curve 0 to 80% and the pitch curve at -15% all the way to the high point.

Mode - Easy not too much movement mode - Had Throttle Curve from 0 to 75% and the pitch curve at -2% - mid stick 0% high point 30% ?

Normal Mode (stunt mode 3) - A little more movement - Throttle Curve 0% to 100% pitch curve at -10% to +55%

-----------------------------
I want my stunt mode 1 (or in my case easy mode) to just have enough to go up and down (practice hovering) so my question is - How much is just enough but not a huge amount of negative pitch .. I don't want to make the helicopter act like a magnet to the earth
---------------------------------
Also is positive 30% too aggressive for just practicing hovering?

Thanks in advance!

PS: What is EXP on the Devo 7 mean ? This is on both the throttle curve and the pitch curve?
TheSwing is offline Find More Posts by TheSwing
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2013, 05:33 AM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
3,601 Posts
First off, you don't really need to set all flight modes for normal flight. Set throttle curve to 0-100, and pitch -15 to +60, and you're done. ST1 and ST2 are recommended for idle up, anytime you fly outdoors, you'll need the heli to fly on idle up. Sometimes you'd want ST2 to be the full idle up with full positive and negative pitch range, and use ST1 as a transition point when switching to full idle so your heli doesn't suddenly fall to the ground.

The difficulty is set in DREXP. As you probably know Rate is how far the servos go. Exponential flattens out the middle of the pitch curve. Set it to +30 and assign it to POS0, and set 0 to POS1. That way with the D/R switch up, the helicopter will be more docile, and then pull the switch down when you want it to be more agile.
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
Old Feb 24, 2013, 06:24 AM
Joined Jan 2013
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile View Post
First off, you don't really need to set all flight modes for normal flight. Set throttle curve to 0-100, and pitch -15 to +60, and you're done. ST1 and ST2 are recommended for idle up, anytime you fly outdoors, you'll need the heli to fly on idle up. Sometimes you'd want ST2 to be the full idle up with full positive and negative pitch range, and use ST1 as a transition point when switching to full idle so your heli doesn't suddenly fall to the ground.

The difficulty is set in DREXP. As you probably know Rate is how far the servos go. Exponential flattens out the middle of the pitch curve. Set it to +30 and assign it to POS0, and set 0 to POS1. That way with the D/R switch up, the helicopter will be more docile, and then pull the switch down when you want it to be more agile.
Ok I get you thanks... that makes sense.. I set the DREXP to 30% on setting 0 and 95% on setting 1

So what is MIXTH? I have a ELEV/AILE/RUDDER and on each of them I have a % left and a % right.. is that like a trim setting?
TheSwing is offline Find More Posts by TheSwing
Old Feb 24, 2013, 06:39 AM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
3,601 Posts
That one i don't really mess around with. But i believe that's related to helicopters flying while in rate mode (i.e. Gyro Gain less than 50%), the higher the throttle, the more rudder gets added for example. We normally don't need it since the 3 axis gyros we have does it automatically, but some helicopters still get tail drift and we use this to adjust the rudder as we throttle up. Leave it alone.
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile