HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:49 AM
cant get right !!!
United States, CA, Victorville
Joined Sep 2012
321 Posts
Discussion
scammers now using paypal

well i have my toy hauler listed for sale here localy and i got a few emails from this guy . my thought is = do these idiots realy think that we as a people are that stupid ??? i plan to play along for the moment and see how far i can take this with this guy . may be get some film when a "agent of his" comes to check the toy hauler out . i might even try to speed it up by telling him that the hauler will be sold by to morrow if he doesnt get some 1 here to close a deal lol .

M. Taylor mktlyr02@gmail.com via craigslist.org
5:28 PM (12 hours ago)

to hjzcd-35613333.

--
Hi...just viewed your listing,hope it's still available for sale?

m. taylor <miketaylor50s@gmail.com>
12:24 AM (5 hours ago)

to me
Good to hear back from you...I'm okay with the price,Presently, i am out of town and i won't be able to come for the inspection due to the nature of my work. Moreover, I would have loved to call but our satellite server has been down in recent days which restricts our calls. I will be paying you through PayPal as it is the only Medium at which i can send Payment at the Moment. I would appreciate if you email me with more pictures (if available) since i won't be be able to see this in person. And if you don't have a PayPal account, It's pretty easy to set up a PayPal account at www.paypal.com .also i want you to know that i have a pickup agent who will be taking care of the moving once we are done with the payment....I will want you to pls answer these questions as well.

what it's present condition?
are you the first owner?
why are you selling it?

hope to read back from you asap.

to taylor
its in great condition . and i am the first owner , and i am selling becouse i realy need the money to pay bills and buy a car . and if im super lucky ill get a brand new rc helicopter . i have some one coming today at 9 am to look at and purchase the hauler . so if you want it you might want to send your agent to look over the hauler . thanks in advance
trucker41 is offline Find More Posts by trucker41
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:07 AM
# Scale is a way of life
United States, OH, Avon Lake
Joined Apr 2010
1,463 Posts
As soon as you read a generic description like "your item" or "your vehicle", or in this case "your listing", you can bet it's a scam,, Just delete the email and don't reply. Why do you want to have criminals in your life?

p.s.
I had a Wilderness 26' front bedroom just like yours,, good luck
scale_only is offline Find More Posts by scale_only
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:19 AM
cant get right !!!
Joined Sep 2012
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scale_only View Post
As soon as you read a generic description like "your item" or "your vehicle", or in this case "your listing", you can bet it's a scam,, Just delete the email and don't reply. Why do you want to have criminals in your life?

p.s.
I had a Wilderness 26' front bedroom just like yours,, good luck
dont realy want them in my life but interested in seeing how far they would take this . but you are rt . i should delete . but then again lol
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:20 AM
cant get right !!!
Joined Sep 2012
321 Posts
at scale only = how much did you end up geting for you trailer ?
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:27 AM
# Scale is a way of life
Joined Apr 2010
1,463 Posts
Well, years ago I had the same thing, I lead these guys on to the point they wanted my address to send a check,, so I gave them the address of the local FBI building. I thought it was funny and all, They kept sending me emails asking if I got the check yet, etc. etc. But then I started to get a little paranoid that they had my email addy and might now be pissed. Could they track me down with just that?? Probably not but truthfully it made me nervous, I wouldn't do it again, not worth it.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:30 AM
# Scale is a way of life
Joined Apr 2010
1,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trucker41 View Post
at scale only = how much did you end up geting for you trailer ?
about 8k,, it was only 10 years old at the time,, yours looks priced right, although those older style ones aren't as popular these days,, everyone wants the new bells and wistles

good luck
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:38 AM
cant get right !!!
Joined Sep 2012
321 Posts
nice !!!!! i have been looking around at others and for the same year 2000 people are trying to get like 14 witch is just retarded . = you are rt 7000 seems fair
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:22 AM
cant get right !!!
Joined Sep 2012
321 Posts
new email from the scamers

m. taylor
6:52 AM (29 minutes ago)

to me
Thanks for the mail....am sorry the agent would only come to your location once the payment for the hauler clears they require it done this way so as to save their time as they also have some other appointments and to make things work fast they wait for the payment of an item clears before coming to move.you can sign up for a paypal account and once we are done with the payment i'll have him come asap to take care of the necessary things and to move.

Josh Watford jr <joshwat40@gmail.com>
7:19 AM (2 minutes ago)

to taylor
my paypal is watfordclantrucking@gmail.com there is a 4 % fee with paypal that will need to paid by you thanks awaitng your deposit
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:55 AM
Mountain Home, Ar.
Joined Dec 2009
295 Posts
So they're wanting you to deposit $280.00 into their account? All this for a lousey $280.00? Or am I missing something?

The emails are written like the kids in high school today write, with no spacing between sentences and no capitalization of the first word in a sentence, etc.
JollyPopper200 is online now Find More Posts by JollyPopper200
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:08 PM
cant get right !!!
Joined Sep 2012
321 Posts
No i was informing him that he would need to cover the pay pal fees and he agreed
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:39 AM
cant get right !!!
Joined Sep 2012
321 Posts
new update to the scammers trying to pass off pay pal

m. taylor
11:09 AM (21 hours ago)

to me
Hello i want you to know that i have made the payment so i expect you should have gotten an email from PayPal any moment for confirmation, and i will suggest you check your PayPal email in-box or spam box for their emails.I want you to know that i added an extra fee of $950 to the total payment which i need you to help send to the agent coming for pick up and it needs to be sent via western union as that's the only way they can get it. I am sorry i should have informed you but i only got the urgent message from the pick up agent that they will need the funds before they can come to pick up when i was about making payment.I have notified PayPal of the procedures so there will be no problem.I also added $100 the western union charges.Please help to send the pickup agent fee to my pickup agent and get back to me if there's anything you need to know more so i will need your home address for the pickup of the item.Below is the pickup agent information...

Name:Arrellano betty,
Address:1116sw 2nd st.okeechobee,
City: Florida
MO Zip Code: 34972

Service@PayPal.com fundservicedept@mail2world.com via yahoo.com
11:06 AM (21 hours ago)

to watfordclantru., me

Be careful with this message. Many people marked similar messages as phishing scams, so this might contain unsafe content. Learn more

Dear watfordclantrucking@gmail.com,

This is to confirm to you that we have received your payment of $8,050.00 USD from the buyer (Mike Taylor) A Premier Merchant Account holder for your Item sold. We want to inform you that the money has been deducted from his account but will not be credited into your account until we receive the information or proof that the said amount which the buyer requested has been sent out to the pick up agent Headquarter via WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER. A total amount of $8,050.00 USD has been deducted from the buyer's account and will be credited into your account as soon as we receive the requested information from you.

After we receive the payment details from you for security purpose your account will be credited at once. Our system has witnessed new upgrades, Please do not be surprised if you see us requesting for strange information and forwarding you to new customer attendants, It is due to the amount of fraud going on involving our name which we are trying all our best to limit and put a stop to. As soon as we receive the requested information from you, your account will be credited immediately.

All you have to do is go to the nearest POST OFFICE closer to you and make western union money transfer to complete this transaction or western union website (www.westernunion.com), send it to the bearer on the address provided by the buyer,this is due to new policies at PayPal to protect both the buyer and the seller in the face of the growing number of fraudulent activities perpetrated via the internet. Your payment is intact. You are encouraged to complete this transaction.We are working together with Western Union Money Transfer on this transaction.

If you have questions about this payment for your sold item or service, please contact PayPal directly by replying to this email

This is as PayPal handle all transaction now. Or contact our customer care email by clicking HERE
Thanks for using PayPal...The more you save the more you win.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:40 AM
cant get right !!!
Joined Sep 2012
321 Posts
fake pay pal notice got in my spam folder

Last Step On How To Complete Your Recent Transaction
Spam
x

Service@PayPal.com fundservicedept@mail2world.com via yahoo.com
11:07 AM (21 hours ago)

to watfordclantru., me

Be careful with this message. Many people marked similar messages as phishing scams, so this might contain unsafe content. Learn more

Hello watfordclantrucking@gmail.com,

Thank you for using PayPal, this is a notification email about the transaction involving you and
Mike Taylor. Be informed that you are 100% safe with PayPal and you do not need to worry about anything therefore you are to go ahead with the transaction for your account to be credited as soon as you email us with the receipt given to you at the western union outlet, we are sorry that we cannot be reached via phone due to many transaction initiated everyday via PayPal, we are sorry for any inconvenience this might cause you.
The money has been deducted from the buyer's account and will be credited into your PayPal account as soon as you send to us the payment receipt hereby confirming that the excess money has been sent out to the bearer via Western Union money transfer only as requested by the buyer.
The transaction has been screened and has proven to be 100% legal and real. You are hereby advised to go ahead with the transaction and wire out the said fee to the bearer, For security reasons email the Western Union payment receipt to PayPal only and wait till your account is being credited before emailing the receipt to the buyer, therefore you can go ahead with the transaction.
This is a step by step way of sending the money to the bearer:
1. Go to any western union outlet /warlmart store close to your home.
2. Ask for a Western Union money transfer form.
3. Fill the form with the details provided by the buyer.
4. Tender the cash and you will be issued a receipt after the money has been sent.
5. Attach and email to PayPal a scanned copy of the receipt.
If you don't have a scanner, You can email PayPal with the following details written on the receipt:
1. MTCN Number (which is the 10 digit number)
2. Sender's full name and address
Please be rest assured the information you give us will not be disclosed to MikeTaylor or his agent until you account is credited.We will give you a grace period to complete the transaction and get back to us with the MTCN Number (10digit) which has been paid out by your buyer so we can credit your account without any further delays.

We are assuring of you a 100% safety, and as soon as the payment details is been emailed to us, a total funds will be credited into your account.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:42 AM
cant get right !!!
Joined Sep 2012
321 Posts
lmao at these guys .waiting for more contact lol
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:55 AM
Transmogrified.
Southern California
Joined Feb 2006
2,647 Posts
Whoa...sounds like a classic "Nigerian 409" scam. You'd think by now they'd get the message.
DismayingObservation is offline Find More Posts by DismayingObservation
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:35 AM
56S
Certified Balsa Breaker
Joined Nov 2006
1,468 Posts
Couple of things here. The moment you respond to these your email gets sold to spammers. Secondly, these people dumb these down so a person with any smarts at all runs away fast not wasting any if their time. They want "low informed voters".
56S is online now Find More Posts by 56S