HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 09, 2013, 11:06 AM
Indonesia, Jakarta
Joined Sep 2012
454 Posts
Discussion
how actually do i set the right gain for gimbal

hi guys, i've been tweaking my naza for the gimbal compensation control. i'm bit confused where is the right gain for my gimbal. well my gimbal always overcorrecting on some high gain. but when i decrease it. the gimbal delay a bit. is there something wrong with my gain? or it's time to get some decent gimbal controller
WonderKing is offline Find More Posts by WonderKing
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2013, 12:08 PM
VA
Joined Nov 2009
2,586 Posts
It is so relaxing to keep tweaking the settings trying to find the perfect one..ok so I am lying about that part but it is still interesting . One thing other than changing the fc is to put a programmable bec on the servos. Set the highest safe voltage the servos will handle and then turn up the gain until it just overcompensates and then start dropping the bec voltage to slow the servo down. I was able to find a close match doing that with a gc that has limited programming options.
pug398 is offline Find More Posts by pug398
Old Jan 09, 2013, 12:14 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,935 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderKing View Post
hi guys, i've been tweaking my naza for the gimbal compensation control. i'm bit confused where is the right gain for my gimbal. well my gimbal always overcorrecting on some high gain. but when i decrease it. the gimbal delay a bit. is there something wrong with my gain? or it's time to get some decent gimbal controller
It is quite difficult to adjust the gimbal movement with only one gain. You need a gimbal controller that give you the flexibility to adjust the servo speed, acceleration and travel range.

If you only have one gain adjust the gimbal to lag slightly and live with it.
SeismicCWave is offline Find More Posts by SeismicCWave
Old Jan 09, 2013, 07:16 PM
FPV addict
Joined Mar 2011
1,176 Posts
Or switch out to a dedicated gimbal controller. Picking up a cheep multiwii based controller works awesome. I have a naza on a 800mm hex with a gaui crane 2 gimbal. Couldn't get it to run how I wanted no matter how much tuning I did, so I put on a quadrino basic, a board I had lying around, and use that as a gimbal controller. 15min later I now have an awesome gimbal controller. Very stable, fast, and still have tilt control.
Sniperp is offline Find More Posts by Sniperp