USA, MD, Glen Burnie
Joined Sep 2008
109 Posts
Multiwii Pro

Hello Jabram

OK I change the gps to recommended parameters
corrected MP and loaded to flight controller,
Went to mission planner, clicked on terminal type came up ending with Mega 4.7
went to Flight Data tried to connect no good, did a reset on FC and then it connected got the black box with white type Etc, flight data screen
No gps listed on view, above it the word stablized showed up
but still not getting any movement from indicator
did the compass correction , still nothing moving, I tried to copy a Pic of it
but could not figure out how to do that. any Ideas??
Sorry about this, as from your replies you get a lot of questions.
Thanks Cliff
Clavin01 is offline Find More Posts by Clavin01
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:21 PM
Attention to the small details
Australia, NSW, Kendall
Joined Jul 2012
4,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by view27 View Post
Hi Joe,
That is correct. I found that A8 is Throttle and A10 is Yaw in Mission Planner and I am running MP NG. I am expecting the ESC's next week sometime so it will be interesting to see if it arms.
Maybe they have changed something on the board as I did have to wait a couple of months for them to come off backorder.
OK on reversing the Pitch. I will check all the settings and calibrations properly when the ESC"s arrive. I have no doubt there will be another couple of questions to come although there are a lot of answers already on the forum.

Thanks Again
Bruce
Which Mega board do you have ?

Can you post a photo of your Mega board ?

Where did you buy it?

What you are saying, it is possible but it would have to be a different board..

Can you try something to completely rule out any error.

Using only one connection from the receiver, say the Throttle channel.

Disconnect all 4 wires from A8,A9,A10,A11

Connect the single throttle one at a time to each of A8, A9 A10, A11 and confirm in Mission Planner Radio Calibration which channel you see that throttle signal on.
jabram is offline Find More Posts by jabram
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by jabram; Dec 06, 2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:33 PM
Australia, NSW, Kendall
Joined Jul 2012
4,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clavin01 View Post
Hello Jabram

OK I change the gps to recommended parameters
corrected MP and loaded to flight controller,
Went to mission planner, clicked on terminal type came up ending with Mega 4.7
went to Flight Data tried to connect no good, did a reset on FC and then it connected got the black box with white type Etc, flight data screen
No gps listed on view, above it the word stablized showed up
but still not getting any movement from indicator
did the compass correction , still nothing moving, I tried to copy a Pic of it
but could not figure out how to do that. any Ideas??
Sorry about this, as from your replies you get a lot of questions.
Thanks Cliff
If Mission Planner is already connected click on Disconnect
Click on the Terminal tab.
Some text should appear ending with MegaPirateNG V2.7 R4}
Type setup and press Enter, you can type ? to get a list of available commands
Type Erase and press Enter

Also try reset command, reply Y to it, then you need to reset the board by pushing the Reset button on the board.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:27 PM
It's Just a Hobby!
United States, MD, Lusby
Joined May 2012
816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabram View Post
OK, Flight Test Engineer! sounds like a great new career

Just try to avoid a new career in Crash testing
You know, I never worked on an airplane that didn't come back.

Until I started flying RC!!!!

Sudsy
Sudsy is offline Find More Posts by Sudsy
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:30 PM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
1,893 Posts
First post updated on MultiWii on HK MultiWii Mega Board WITH MTK 3329 GPS
TheFernMan is online now Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:31 PM
Australia, TAS, Ulverstone
Joined Oct 2009
27 Posts
Hi Joe,
I'm glad to see I have tweaked your interest. You are going to love what is coming next.
The board is the MultiWii Pro from Hobby King purchased about 2 weeks ago.
The last post I sent you saying that A8 = Throttle and A10 = Yaw was incorrect. It is actually A8 = Throttle, A10 = Pitch and A11 = Yaw.
I done as you suggested with one channel to the Receiver only. The results are:-
A8 = Throttle
A9 = Roll
A10 = Pitch
A11 = Yaw
A12 = Radio 5
A13 = Radio 6
A14 = Radio 7
A15 = Radio 8

The above readings are correct as I checked them 3 times to make sure.
I also hooked up the ESC's and motors from my trusty old Quad. (I reset all the ESC's.). The results were that the board armed and the motors worked fine. It did take a while as the yaw stick had to be moved to the left to arm, where I'm sure my Quad was armed to the right. I still have to check all directions and calibrations yet. Will do that when the new ESC"s arrive.
The transmitter is a JR3810 with an ASSAN 2.4Ghz module and Receiver. I also noticed that all the wires are in a row from the board to the Receiver.
They seemed to have changed something. I would send you some photos but I don't know how to do that as there seems to be no way of attaching them to this Window.

Regards
Bruce
view27 is offline Find More Posts by view27
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:47 PM
Australia, NSW, Kendall
Joined Jul 2012
4,781 Posts
Quote:
Hi Joe,
I'm glad to see I have tweaked your interest. You are going to love what is coming next.
The board is the MultiWii Pro from Hobby King purchased about 2 weeks ago.
The last post I sent you saying that A8 = Throttle and A10 = Yaw was incorrect. It is actually A8 = Throttle, A10 = Pitch and A11 = Yaw.
I done as you suggested with one channel to the Receiver only. The results are:-
A8 = Throttle
A9 = Roll
A10 = Pitch
A11 = Yaw
A12 = Radio 5
A13 = Radio 6
A14 = Radio 7
A15 = Radio 8

The above readings are correct as I checked them 3 times to make sure.
I also hooked up the ESC's and motors from my trusty old Quad. (I reset all the ESC's.). The results were that the board armed and the motors worked fine. It did take a while as the yaw stick had to be moved to the left to arm, where I'm sure my Quad was armed to the right. I still have to check all directions and calibrations yet. Will do that when the new ESC"s arrive.
The transmitter is a JR3810 with an ASSAN 2.4Ghz module and Receiver. I also noticed that all the wires are in a row from the board to the Receiver.
They seemed to have changed something. I would send you some photos but I don't know how to do that as there seems to be no way of attaching them to this Window.

Regards
Bruce
That is simply amazing, if you are correct then they must have changed the layout of the board between the first batch which I purchased from HK on the first day HK released it and the one you have. But I see no plausible reason for them even considering doing that, so I remain skeptical.

I tested each channel one at a time connecting only ONE signal cable from my receiver Throttle, all other receiver channels disconnected from my HK Mega running MPNG using Mission Planner and this is what I see in mission planner Radio Calibration as I move that single Throttle cable from A8 to A11 and move the Throttle stick.

A8 -- YAW
A9 -- ROLL
A10 - THROTTLE
A11 - PITCH

I did test it one at a time using the same single receiver output to rule out any TX or RX channel mapping issues.

can you compare the back of your board with the back of my board photo below on the right side in the photo which shows the traces to A8 - A11 and see if you can spot any differences.

I am still tempted to ask - are you sure you have ruled out any channel mapping in your TX - you used only one RX output and moved it one a time to A8, A9, A10, A11 while observing that one channel showing up and moving in Mission Planner - ALL other RX cables other than GND and 5V disconnected?
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by jabram; Dec 06, 2012 at 11:13 PM.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:27 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
1,893 Posts
Quote:
A8 = Throttle
A9 = Roll
A10 = Pitch
A11 = Yaw
A12 = Radio 5
A13 = Radio 6
A14 = Radio 7
A15 = Radio 8
Hey jabram, i just verified this. This seem correct. Receive order seems to have changed. I first connected my receiver (9x) as per your first post and the channels are switched.

Physical Stick Movement vs Mission Planner Movement:
Throttle - Pitch
Yaw - Throttle
Row - Row
Pitch - Yaw

Then i connect my receiver as above and the channel order is correct. I also received my flight control this week. New batch.

My 9X is AETR channel order
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:30 PM
Australia, NSW, Kendall
Joined Jul 2012
4,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFernMan View Post
Hey jabram, i just verified this. This seem correct. Receive order seems to have changed. I first connected my receiver (9x) as per your first post and the channels are wrong.

Physical Stick Movement vs Mission Planner Movement:
Throttle - Pitch
Yaw - Throttle
Row - Row
Pitch - Yaw

Then i connect my receiver as above and the channel order is correct. I also received my flight control this week. New batch.
Thanks, did you compare the back of your board to my photo above

I edited the first post, as if it wasn't confusing enough before this
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by jabram; Dec 06, 2012 at 11:40 PM.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:42 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
1,893 Posts
I compared but i can't tell. bad lighting here
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:47 PM
Australia, NSW, Kendall
Joined Jul 2012
4,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
You know, I never worked on an airplane that didn't come back.

Until I started flying RC!!!!

Sudsy
Now that is a coincidence, I have flown over 5,000 hours as Pilot in command of all sorts of real Aircraft and all those Aircraft came back which is why I am still here, even parachutists I dropped all came back, that changed when I started flying RC
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:52 PM
Australia, NSW, Kendall
Joined Jul 2012
4,781 Posts
Quote:
I compared but i can't tell. bad lighting here
Thanks, the traces to A8 - A11 look identical, does not look like the board has changed.

Were you using MegaPirateNG V2.7 R4 ? or the newer 2.8 ?

I am using using MegaPirateNG V2.7 R4

I connect a single channel from Receiver Throttle to A8

And only the YAW channel moves in Mission Planner Radio calibration

Could you try using the same setup running MegaPirateNG V2.7 R4 connecting just one channel from receiver to A8 ?
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by jabram; Dec 07, 2012 at 12:18 AM.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:23 AM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
1,893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabram View Post
Thanks, the traces to A8 - A11 look identical, does not look like the board has changed.

Were you using MegaPirateNG V2.7 R4 ? or the newer 2.8 ?

I am using using MegaPirateNG V2.7 R4

I connect a single channel from Receiver Throttle to A8

And only the YAW channel moves in Mission Planner Radio calibration

Could you try using the same setup running MegaPirateNG V2.7 R4 connecting just one channel from receiver to A8 ?
I'm running the same version.MPNG 2.7 R4. I try again in a few hours to confirm.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:41 AM
Australia, NSW, Kendall
Joined Jul 2012
4,781 Posts
Quote:
I'm running the same version.MPNG 2.7 R4. I try again in a few hours to confirm.
Thanks, I just want to be sure.

At this point, I don't believe the latest batch of HK Mega boards has changed at all.

I suspect some of you followed my first post photos [I have changed them now] and ignored the fact that the other end of the cable which connects to your receiver is not a straight 1 to 1 relationship, all Receivers are different when it comes to the physical layout of the connection pins for the various channels.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by jabram; Dec 07, 2012 at 01:31 AM.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 01:47 AM
Australia, TAS, Ulverstone
Joined Oct 2009
27 Posts
Hi Joe,
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.
I checked again exactly the same way as you did with my Plane radio which is a JR X2720 fitted with a 2.4ghz Frsky hack module and V8FR2 Receiver, with exactly the same results. This was on a Channel that has never been used. The only Throttle Mixing I use is for the Helicopters and Powered Gliders. I also checked the photos on the first post with my Android Tablet and zoomed the area in. I checked the circuit board with a magnifying glass and to me, the tracks both top and bottom appear to be identical so I really don't know what is going on. That is why I asked the question as to which diagram to follow. HK's, Yours or Mission Planner.
I am sorry if I have caused you a bit of a headache but this board and principle is all very new to me so I don't think it is anything I have done in the programming.

Regards
Bruce
view27 is offline Find More Posts by view27
Last edited by view27; Dec 07, 2012 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Using MPNG 2.7 R4
Closed Thread