HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:01 AM
United Kingdom, England, Ware
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
Has anyone had experience in using either the B Or C insert ?
Jimob23 is offline Find More Posts by Jimob23
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:45 AM
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
Cheers Jim[/QUOTE]

Things are very different here in Aus. At the current time there's not many parks you can't fly in, so long as the aircraft is deemed as a "park flyer" under a certain weight, wattage and wingspan". Our usual flying site is a huge couple of fields and we have councils permission to fly there, and a few of us hold keys to access the site. Another place we fly is a huge turf farm on the outskirts of the city and there also we have permission from the land owner to fly there.

I usually only fly above my backyard so I'm over my own property so if it did fail it would come down on my pool blanket or garage roof, but this incident wouldn't let me ditch on my property and it hurtled across the back fences of mine and the surrounding properties. Very lucky indeed and I won't risk that again. If ghd sunset is spectacular I'll take it to my local field.[/QUOTE]

I did not intend it to come over as a pop at your flying etc but rather envious of your wide open spaces
I would suspect the many tree huggers here have something to do with the ruling but perhaps those who like the tan in the buff have been buzzed a few times & discovered the reason
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:36 AM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,254 Posts
Team MM just about finished waiting on the 2nd Disc
Gaz-b is online now Find More Posts by Gaz-b
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:13 AM
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
Big Bore Shock Spares

In my search for a set of Big Bore shocks I came across the following

http://www.hpirchobby.com/hpi-big-bo...65-p-4081.html

chktm thinks they may be plastic bodies but may be a source of spares for anyone looking to doing a rebuild

WARNING -THIS LINK APPEARS TO BE A FRAUD .REFER TO POST 1811 There are many comments on the web about this company where this perhaps explains it best

I registered, added stuff to basket and followed the payment processto see where it lead me. although paypal and usual credit cards at the footer, when you check out it is only possible to pay by wire transfer or western union...dodgy, very dodgy.

Sorry about that Jim
Last edited by Jimob23; Feb 01, 2013 at 11:45 AM.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:02 PM
Puerto Rico, Guayama, Guayama
Joined Jun 2006
1,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimob23 View Post

chktm thinks they may be plastic bodies but may be a source of spares for anyone looking to doing a rebuild
Wao!, can't believe the price even if they are made from plastic.
davehour is offline Find More Posts by davehour
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:21 PM
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour View Post
Wao!, can't believe the price even if they are made from plastic.
I had the same feeling where a pair of alloy Big Bore are available here in UK for 51.00
According the chktm plastic bodies wear and sometimes deform but at that price more frequent replacement is a possible option .
Another issue with plastic bodies is the caps can be forced off but using some CA on the threads should sort that out and just work on a throw away basis .
I didn't go so far as actually placing an order and there may be excessive postal rates involved as if you look at some of the other items prices are perhaps too good to be true good .
If you do a search a pair of assembled rear Big Bore are cut price but am told too long for our needs
Someone may have had previous dealings with the merchant but I will look at placing an order for the build yourself units and get them sent to a USA address to avoid UPS or similar charges .

Cheers Jim
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:16 PM
dammachines
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Feb 2004
1,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimob23 View Post

I dunno about that site. Seems too good to be true - looks like everything they offer is at a fraction of the cost anywhere else.
dmincin is offline Find More Posts by dmincin
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:22 PM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,254 Posts
I have finally test run the new bike in a car park gyro being in reverse was interesting. Sorted that and on the std motor and a 14t pinion wow sooooo much torque still this is on a 65-130c 6200 A spec nano tho so no voltage dips. Roll on the weekend let the slipper off a bit and get them muddy.
Gaz-b is online now Find More Posts by Gaz-b
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:24 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,579 Posts
I am starting to doubt the durability of this bike.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:20 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,674 Posts
That sucks. That bottom frame piece is the replacement from previous broken one? And it ripped out the top mount. Never seen that before. What happened?
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:43 PM
At peace with his albatross
United States, CA, Vacaville
Joined Oct 2003
2,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmincin View Post
I dunno about that site. Seems too good to be true - looks like everything they offer is at a fraction of the cost anywhere else.
My virus checker wont even let me go to that site. Beware.....
wannabe is offline Find More Posts by wannabe
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:51 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
Wow Chris, I've never done that but I guess now the end can't fail something else has to. No good mate.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:00 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,399 Posts
Maybe beefing up the lower chassis might be the option there Chris?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:04 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
I guess anything you break may be worth looking at improving the strength.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:50 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
That sucks. That bottom frame piece is the replacement from previous broken one? And it ripped out the top mount. Never seen that before. What happened?
We went to a small bmx track which was mainly grass with just a thin dirt line where pushbikes ride around it & the jumps are only about 2 foot high, i only did a couple of laps no big air or anything as i was taking it easy since it was the first time on the track & i pulled a wheelie over a jump & went endo down the other side & it was not even a big endo, the only thing i can think of is the top shock mount was stressed from previous crashes & i did not see it but looking at the mount it should have been beefier being the shock mount & the lower plate should be stronger to be able to support the weight of the wheel, it is a shame as the rest of the bike seems pretty bullet proof, i will have to have a think & see if there is any way i can strengthen these areas, i was disappointed more than pissed as i was looking forward to trying a new track.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie