HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 18, 2014, 07:35 PM
Branjo
Joined Sep 2013
100 Posts
WOW! Thanks a Million EC, I will get that printed ASAP. Also thanks for the info, I wil check it out. Meanwhile looking forward to the BA coming this Thurs in the mail.
bshultz327 is online now Find More Posts by bshultz327
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2014, 06:34 PM
Branjo
Joined Sep 2013
100 Posts
OK, I have a dumb question. Got my BA parasol today from Easybuilt, and I'm just wondering about the print wood. When I cut the parts out. Should I cut outside and leave the line, cut the line, or cut inside of the line of the print and have a part with no ink left? I'm guessing someone knows what I'm talking about. Thanks so much in advance.
Branden
Old Mar 24, 2014, 08:57 PM
USA, IL, Wheaton
Joined Oct 2010
463 Posts
I would probably leave the line until you had all the pieces of the same type and then use sandpaper to make them exactly the same. Pin the wing ribs together, and sand them top and bottom with a sanding block. I'd leave a bit extra on the front and rear of the wing ribs, and trim them to fit into the frame. The outer edges of formers probably should be sanded with a long sanding board after they are assembled.

It's hard to make things consistent if you cut off all the ink before you assemble. Better to leave the ink on, and use sandpaper to make the final outline.

It might be good to make any notches for stringers tight at first. Then, use a thin file to make sure they run straight.

I build some from plans, and all these precautions go double doing that.

Enjoy your kit

Joe
DuPageJoe is offline Find More Posts by DuPageJoe
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 25, 2014, 09:17 AM
United States, VA, Chesterfield
Joined Mar 2001
5,145 Posts
I cut on the outside of the line and touch it up with 180 grit paper to get rid of the black marks.
Pat Daily is online now Find More Posts by Pat Daily
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Don Srull's BE-2
Old Mar 26, 2014, 03:39 PM
Branjo
Joined Sep 2013
100 Posts
Sounds good. Thanks guys!
Old Mar 31, 2014, 11:53 PM
Culper Junior
eastern pa
Joined Feb 2007
2,085 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Daily View Post
I cut on the outside of the line and touch it up with 180 grit paper to get rid of the black marks.
I've built many printwood kits and that seems to work the best for me.
aeronca52 is offline Find More Posts by aeronca52