HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 16, 2014, 07:48 PM
United States, MI, Royal Oak
Joined Nov 2005
1,294 Posts
kohersh.....what "step brother" are you referring to?
JGuilty13 is offline Find More Posts by JGuilty13
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2014, 08:33 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
3,723 Posts
See posts #1968 and #1969
fredmdbud is online now Find More Posts by fredmdbud
Old Feb 16, 2014, 09:43 PM
PA Team Pilot
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Apr 2011
422 Posts
I was referring to other models ie...http://www.bananahobby.com/12-ch-bli...f-jet-arf.html
and I'm pointing to this one only b/c we dont have pricing yet for the non 3D sebart versions. Wihtout the TV i'd rather have a retract system for the money.

Read here to see that Freewing makes the SebArt models. not new info, just in case you had not seen it before
kohersh is offline Find More Posts by kohersh
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kohersh; Feb 16, 2014 at 09:49 PM.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 10:14 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
3,723 Posts
OK, I see the point of confusion. The one @ Banana Hobby you refer to is made by LX/Sky Flight Hobby, not Freewing.

I knew that Freewing manufactures the TV MiG-29 for Sebart, but it is a modified, scaled-down version of the original larger turbine offered by Sebart, built to their specs using some existing Freewing components. The Freewing website does not show it as one of their offerings, and they have yet to appear under any "rebadges" such as BlitzRCWorks, or popped up in outlets like Hobbyking (like the Freewing Su-35). To me that indicates the design belongs to Sebart, not Freewing.

"In 2010 Famous pilot SebArt Visit Freewing R & D center ,the production center, subsequently signed a cooperation agreement"

Sounds like bad Chinglish for "Sebastiani Silvestri visited Freewing and signed a design and manufacturing agreement" to make a foam version of his jet.
Last edited by fredmdbud; Feb 16, 2014 at 10:19 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 04:26 PM
Bulgaria, Sofia-city, Sofia
Joined Aug 2012
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kohersh View Post
I was referring to other models ie...http://www.bananahobby.com/12-ch-bli...f-jet-arf.html
and I'm pointing to this one only b/c we dont have pricing yet for the non 3D sebart versions. Wihtout the TV i'd rather have a retract system for the money.

Read here to see that Freewing makes the SebArt models. not new info, just in case you had not seen it before
Yep thats right - the one you show is made by Lanxiang ( LX ) and is different one.

You can find it here too: http://www.trade4me.de/Airplane/Mig-...ot::35243.html
cdmanbg is offline Find More Posts by cdmanbg
Old Feb 17, 2014, 07:43 PM
PA Team Pilot
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Apr 2011
422 Posts
Thanks for the clarity all. Seems calling it a step brother was too close Again for me the seba model shines for its design and poeer to weight ratio. If I wanted a traditional edf my preference would be for the cool factor of retracts
kohersh is offline Find More Posts by kohersh
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2014, 10:10 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
3,723 Posts
If the demand is there, it's not inconceivable Sebart might eventually further compromise performance for features and produce a retract version. But there will be the Sebart premium added to the cost.

For a retract MiG-29, maybe this would be an attractive alternate:

http://www.jepejets.com/jepeshop/115-mig-29-fastfoam
Old Feb 17, 2014, 10:19 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
5,965 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmdbud View Post
If the demand is there, it's not inconceivable Sebart might eventually further compromise performance for features and produce a retract version. But there will be the Sebart premium added to the cost.

For a retract MiG-29, maybe this would be an attractive alternate:

http://www.jepejets.com/jepeshop/115-mig-29-fastfoam
That's a nice one, far better than that LX model. The main concern (and problem) for me with EDF jets with retracts is that I fly off rough grass. Landing gear take a beating and all but one (Stinger 90) need the retracts replaced with better gear or require heavy modifications. The beauty of the SebArt Mig is the fact that it will lift off out of my hand in the vertical and landing on the skids, once mastered, can be so benign as to seem like child's play. For me, having no retracts and high thrust to weight is the best way to go.
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper
Old Feb 18, 2014, 05:17 PM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,060 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
The beauty of the SebArt Mig is the fact that it will lift off out of my hand in the vertical and landing on the skids, once mastered, can be so benign as to seem like child's play. For me, having no retracts and high thrust to weight is the best way to go.
Very true. That is why I try to convert my other jets to landing skids, too.

Cheers,
Henrik
hklagges is offline Find More Posts by hklagges
Old Mar 07, 2014, 08:55 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Mar 2012
113 Posts
Hi guys just wondering which website is available in stock for me to purchase the sebart mig29 with thrust vectoring and gyro ?
Shanya is offline Find More Posts by Shanya
Old Mar 07, 2014, 03:48 PM
FPV'r
Canada, ON, Carleton Place
Joined May 2011
1,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanya View Post
Hi guys just wondering which website is available in stock for me to purchase the sebart mig29 with thrust vectoring and gyro ?
https://www.aero-model.com/2_152/RC-...plane-Kit.html
ror1 is online now Find More Posts by ror1