HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 14, 2011, 08:45 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Jpee,

Glad to help out, don't forget the "Sales Tax". Lol! E-mail sent on that.

Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 14, 2011, 08:48 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Barry,

Just looking after the younger guys. Lol! I'm a whiz with "Google" searches, I like the challenge.. I even found a "Srew" one time.

Liz doesn't know it, but I took the batteries out of the "Shock Collar". Tell Tee, I said Hi.

Jay,

Glad you're poppin' in, I'm sure you're a busy man. Take care and God Bless the "H" family.

Dave
Old Aug 14, 2011, 08:55 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPee View Post
Dave I just ordered 4 each bags with 2 sets per bag. The 4 packs of pads were $8.00 . The shipping was $8.00 on top OUCH but THANK YOU I love it!
JPEE,

I just had a thought here, you should have ordered 8 packs and the shipping would have probably been the same. Then you could have sold the extras at the field, and ended up with free shipping... Lol!
Old Aug 14, 2011, 10:16 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
JPEE.......
"Hey Vic,
Are you and Dave an shed building contest or something?"

Good thing we're not....he'd be kicking my butt. I started this thing in late JUNE, had to relocate it 20ft twords the house to be legal which meant disassembly and moving it, and then starting over. Due to the excessive heat, rain, and other distractions (feeling like crap), I've only been able to work on it 2-3 hours per day.
Tomorrow, I finish up the roof shingles and then start the roll up door installation. According to the instructions, a 4 hour job once you assemble the materials....yeah right.

No R/C today. Grand daughters 11th bday, been busy with family stuff.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Aug 15, 2011, 05:48 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,251 Posts
bad luck/ no luck at all ?

I got the INNOVATOR EXP back from repair. Took them 1month and a half.
Yesterday I bind it and try to start it up. It won't start up AND the left/right on the cyclic just does NOT move.
So I call and they say return it... but this time include the transmitter.
So I get to thinking : the heli fell out of the sky SIDEWAYS to the left. Could it be that the transmitter cyclic aileron stick quit and caused the crash ?
Goddamighty! there's 1000 ways to kill a helicopter, right ?

Daughter and GD are back in USA for a visit. They come here on the 25th. Can you believe they arrived in NYC on Sunday ? right in the middle of the record rainfall and its still raining.
What a vacation !

my other Innovator keeps me smiling. Also the TREX/Hughes, they're both flying like champeens.....
See y'all......maybe a hurricane will come this way.....can it be an improvement over this terrible drought + HEAT
signing off : 104 in the backyard
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Old Aug 15, 2011, 06:19 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
United States, MO, Howell
Joined May 2010
1,631 Posts
Dave...........ya done good Bro.....I'm pretty much "challenged" at everything. LOL Good job with the batteries ...LOL
Will do.
CopterKid77 is online now Find More Posts by CopterKid77
Old Aug 15, 2011, 06:56 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Rick,

We all have some bad luck with this Heli Hobby for sure. But it does seem like you've had more than your far share for a bit..

Maybe when the Daugher and GD arrive the weathers will hold off for you guys. You mentioned their arrival is the 25th,,,, That's my birthday,, send me a prize.. Lol!

Dave
Old Aug 15, 2011, 06:59 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopterKid77 View Post
Dave......I'm pretty much "challenged" at everything. LOL
Exactly what I meant, you must have been reading between the lines. Lol!
Gonna go play for a bit.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 07:31 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
Hey guys. Glad to be back. IRCHA was fun but really missed the "big finale" when the storm that rolled through canceled the night fly and fireworks. I will work on getting pictures up. Was having a lot of fun and did not bust out the camera all that much. Alex and Gabby took lots of pics though.

Rick, congrats on fixing your heli. You are always welcome to send it out this way for any repairs or upgrades

Barry, great looking dog.... great picture too. Get an mCP X!!!

Vic, you are ordering a lot of parts for just "testing it out" LOL!!! every once in a while mine gets wonky on me. Next flight its all good again. Maybe it got moved when initializing. I also rebind it every once in a while just to make sure its good to go.

Kyle thanks for the offer!! Next year you should go... and Dave too!!!

Dave, persistent cyclic wobbles might mean it is time for your servos to be cleaned.
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Old Aug 15, 2011, 07:45 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Ivan,

Glad ya had a good time at IRCHA, missing the "big finale" is a bummer for sure, but that's good old Indidana weather for ya, truly unpredictable.

I'm waiting on parts for the mCP X right now, so it would be a good opportunity to clean the servos now. I'm betting your right, I've got around a 100 flights, on the little critter. Parts should be here Wed. or Thurs. I'll let ya know how it all works out.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 07:47 PM
TIME is so things last longer!
California
Joined Sep 2008
696 Posts
Rick B.
I am not going to bore you with tons of details but last week one of my 500's spooled up and then shut itself down. I could hear the buzzing of the servos but nothing worked. I unplugged the battery and then re-plugged it in and she goes through the tones and all it right ... I think. I start the spool up and again this happens and several more time to boot. I changed my ESC, no help. It wound up being my AR6100 Horizon receiver, I replaced it this last Sunday and flew the heli three packs since, problem over.
Or................ I too have had a bad program in my radio. For free and just a little time you "could" try and build a new program in you radio for the heli and see if that helps OR.............. you could bind your heli innovator to other program you already have that work. YES the trims and stuff will be off but all of the servos and motor should spin just to tell whether the heli or the radio or the receiver has issues. You should have my home number and I would be happy to help you walk through this check if you like.

Vic,
Maybe your shed went up slower but I am sure the quality of both your structure is unsurpassed, you guys have the skill and talents to do it right.

JPEE got in 4 flights today with a 500ESP at 7:30 before it got to hot. Looking 100 tomorrow and 102 on Wednesday. Still no word when Horizon is gonna let go of my 700E.

Hey Dave,
That subject you and I have been talking about lately, our vises. My wife ask me to post this for you! she likes Cupcakes too. Hers is on the left side of the frame. LOL
JPee is offline Find More Posts by JPee
Old Aug 15, 2011, 08:00 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
United States, MO, Howell
Joined May 2010
1,631 Posts
Ivan.......glad your back Bro.....sounds like ya had a ball ....can't wait to see the pics. Thanks man, love dat dog. Yepper, I'm workin on getting the extra money for the X and DX6i.

Dave.......we do ok for a bunch of old guys....LOL Ya know, I like my srews deep fried.....nothing like a good mess of srews......LOL

JPEE.........nothin' wrong with those vices I can see......LOL
CopterKid77 is online now Find More Posts by CopterKid77
Old Aug 15, 2011, 08:53 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
JPEE,

Oh Man, how weird... Judy's Cupcake is made right there in California, and your Cupcakes originated in Indianapolis, my home town. What's up with that? Just a casual observation. Lol... BTW... I love the counter tops you guys installed.. Another BTW... A neighbor of mine is a Director for Eli-Lily (the drug / medicine guys), that white creamy filling, in one of your Cupcakes is one ingredient short of being Plastic. LMAO! True, I swear.... Same with "Cool Whip"

Copied from the Hostess site:
The Hostess brand got its start in Indianapolis in 1925. Continental Baking Company purchased a bakery called Taggart that was selling popular new bread called Wonder (maybe you've heard of it). Continental began selling Wonder Bread as its national bread brand but needed a line of cakes to sell alongside. Hostess cake was born, including the chocolate cup cake which is still popular today.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 09:01 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Ivan.....REBIND.....I forgot all about that stuff. I never rebind nuth'in with the Futaba so it slipped my mind completely.

I got the spine cap shingles on today, I need to trim the rear drip edge and it's DONE (the roof anyway). I still got a roll up door to install, and buy the paint to get the paint job going (hiring that out cause I hate to paint). Another BUSY day tomorrow in store, I may be taking a trip to the Harley dealer because my one and only KEY come up missing. I take the registration with me, I have a new key in a day or so....no biggie. After they get me a replacement, I'll have a copy made and LOCK it up (probibily loose the key I locked it up with).
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Aug 15, 2011, 09:07 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,225 Posts
Welcome back Ivan! good you had some fun. Looking forward to the pics.

Dave, Barry, and JPEE, are you trying to make the rest of us feel young with all this old talk? You boys would probably easily take on Ice Pick Willy and the boys and not even break a sweat!

Age is only a number, it's how well we feel that really counts.

I gave up my vice 6 years ago now; snuff. Quit at the same time I last got laid off, lost my health insurance, and my wife was scheduled to have a "C" section with our second son. Oh... this is when I started my business too. Figured with all the stress that it was a PERFECT time to quit. Haven't had a "dip" since.

Vic- Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Jim
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk